Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2002 6:54:56 PM EDT
[url]http://www.fileplanet.com/index.asp?section=333&file=89806[/url]

40 minute wait is the average. enjoy! DLing now... and 5 hours early
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Yea baby.

It's coming on disc, anyone know?
I have the bandwidth, might as well download it.

Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:24:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll let you know how it is :)

Personal Server with no wait, downloading at 250+k a second.   And here I was going to wait until 1am to grab it from the main server at americasarmy.com
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:27:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:27:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Nivida has a download page no wait but slow (33kb/sec).

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=army_download
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:31:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess the multiplayer servers will be up at midnight.

How many pathetic loser nightowl types are gonna be up to play as the game goes online?

On a gaming forum I already asked, "so who's going to be the sadistic SOB that turns his weapon on a friendly to blow his helmet right off his head? like in Medal of Honor:Allied Assault"

Somebody responded,

"Wow...it's even so real that if you shoot your commander you go to the brig"

What's funny is I wonder who out there is going to hack the game and develop cheats for it, it's a basic fact of every game out there played over the internet.   Some egomaniac is going to HAVE to cheat, wonder what kind of black list they will be placed on if caught cheating?
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:47:48 PM EDT
[#6]
did I read that right only 201 meg download??
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:57:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:05:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks ColonelKlink downloading DX 8.1 now
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:15:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Actually, it's not true.

You can get in and play the single player training mission on the rifle qual course.

If you should happen to level the sights on your friendlys and pull the trigger, this is the first thing you will see from your new jail cell.

[img]http://home.bak.rr.com/varmintcong/shitter.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:17:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:20:14 PM EDT
[#12]
How long does it take for those file planet fags to process a subscription? Ordered, and still waiting...Going on 5 minuites now..

Edit: Downloading now..

Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:26:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How long does it take for those file planet fags to process a subscription? Ordered, and still waiting...Going on 5 minuites now..

View Quote

takes a little while...i was worried too...but it finally cleared me. Im 60 percent finished with download.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:30:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Cleared... Looks like an interesting game... Downloading now..

Anyone up for some delta force 2???

-T.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:30:39 PM EDT
[#15]
ColonelKlink, go into basic training area.   Explore the menus a little and you'll see a basic training area, it will have different qual courses for different operational units.   Basic infantry is like the first one with only the only open course being the rifle range at this time, others will unlock as they see fit to release them.

As for the rifle range, you'll have to put up with the DI's garbage about where to go and what to do.   Grab your ammo and head to pit number 9 to shoot the popups.    After you enter the box you'll get 2 magazines of 20 rounds to shoot, after expending your ammo they pull you out to let you familiarize with standing/prone/kneeling and here is where you can play around a little.   If you start to run out of ammo, stand up and exit the immediate area and they will yell at you for leaving then put you back in your spot, when they put you back you get 2 new magazines of ammo.

Oh, and by all means get in and config your keys now while you can.   Monkey around with your configuration to find out what you like, they've even got a key for clearing jams with the firearm.   The reticle pattern for on screen aiming can be config'd as well, there's an open circle aiming reticle that's pretty nice.

Here's another screen shot for you,
[url]http://home.bak.rr.com/varmintcong/range.JPG[/url]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:45:41 PM EDT
[#16]
sure toaster gimmie info (Delta force 2)can I use cheats?
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:47:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Auto Naders, etc?????????????????
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:49:05 PM EDT
[#18]
No cheats hotrod. Wanna play?

Edit: I can supernade too.. :)
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 10:02:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
sure toaster gimmie info (Delta force 2)can I use cheats?
View Quote

NovaWorld
Public games...Mr. Clarks world...I'm waiting...

Edit: I'm hosting BTW..
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 10:05:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 10:13:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Interesting.

50 minutes and counting till multiplayer spots should open up if servers do get online.   The thing that will make or break the game is latency/lag issues.

I'm running 386PC133 SDRAM on a P3 866/133 machine, if it's going all software I shouldn't be too terribly bad.    But I would prefer some OpenGL support, my Geforce 4 Ti4400 can trudge through some impressive frame rates on games like Unreal Tournament and Medal of Honor.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 10:20:17 PM EDT
[#22]
No cheats ! I'll be hotrod if I can. See you there.. Take it easy on me OK!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 10:20:45 PM EDT
[#23]
It uses the Unreal engine, so I think hardware acceleration is mandatory rather than optional. Otherwise I don't think I'd be able to play it at 1280x1024 with no visible slowdown.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 10:29:47 PM EDT
[#24]
That's what I was thinking also, there's also some graphics options that are usually hardware dependant like trilinear filtering(pretty sure it is atleast).

only time I saw a slow down was when I took the screen shots while trying to capture the muzzle flash.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 10:32:27 PM EDT
[#25]
couldn't see you under MR Clarks world any others?????
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 10:33:52 PM EDT
[#26]
75 minutes to wait!  DAmn, looks like i'll get a beer and go swimming.  Is this the game the army made?

Looks like an aewsome game

Keving67
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 10:47:20 PM EDT
[#27]
why don't you people look around a little more than going to Vileplanet? try [url]http://www.3dgamers.com[/url] I got it from them at 450kb/sec and no waiting either
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 11:23:47 PM EDT
[#28]
lol, all the people trying to log in right at 12:01 has totally and completely crashed the server it looks like for the main site where accounts are created.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!

Who could have possibly seen this one coming?   I mean really, it's so easy to start making overly sarcastic smart assed comments that I'll just step aside and leave it to the rest of you.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 11:31:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 11:32:38 PM EDT
[#30]
its like 12:30 pacific time and it's not working.. dammit!
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 12:12:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Since God only knows when the servers will be up (I'm betting they got like a million hits almost instantly...) here is a small hack that will allow you to play the other 3 basic training missions at least.  That lets you run a few belts through the M249, fire off the M203 a few times, and lob some grenades.  You can also go through a shoot house or whatever you call it with NV shooting at paper badguys.  This doesn't unlock any of the other advanced training missions though, they don't seem to work...

[url]http://www.sharkyforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=142316[/url]  Make sure you backup that ini file so you can return everything to normal once the servers are up...

Game looks awesome to me, can't wait to play some online.  And it runs great so far on my 900mhz Athlon with a 32mb Geforce 2 GTS card.  Great graphics, this Unreal Tourney 2k3 engine is pretty badass...
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 12:13:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 12:16:58 AM EDT
[#33]
There is a "zoom" key you need to bind to use the iron sights on the rifle.  Much more accurate.  I bind that to the second mouse and the secondary fire option (change fire mode) to the mouse wheel, just a suggestion.

I only tried twice but I managed to get 33 and 34 or so for the qual which is sharpshooter.  I hope I can get 36+ before saving that to my file once the servers are up...  However I seem to miss a few shots during the run no matter what.  Sights dead on and firing at the the proper time during the breathing cycle thing.  Kinda fun, can't wait to play online against some live people...
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 12:22:44 AM EDT
[#34]
i've got my name registered and got my email but the link in the email cannot be displayed! all i wanna do is get my password then goto bed..
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 12:39:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Well, now I know how I'll be spending this long holiday... its ok cause it looks like its going to be WAAAY to damn hot to go out and use the real thing...
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 1:39:24 AM EDT
[#36]
I played but I can only use "Username" until I get my stupid email
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 2:01:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Grr...   IT SUCKS!!!

Attention Hardcore Gamers:

I am NOT a gamer. (just ask Goatboy -who keeps sending me game cd's)

I downloaded and installed it on 2 of my machines.  

It won't run!

Machine 1:
IBM Thinkpad T23 (1.2ghz intel proc / 1gb of ram)
= game loads, but the characters/graphics are all garbled

Machine 2:
Dell Precision Workstation 620 (dual 933mhz xeon proc / 2gb rdram / diamond fire video card)
= I get the following message:
[i]GetDeviceCaps failed(D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE) on adapter 0.

History: GetDeviceCaps <- UD3DRenderDevice::Init <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine[/i]

Um..  What am I doing wrong?[:(]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 4:31:02 AM EDT
[#38]
1. IBM
2. Dell
thats whats wrong ;) build your own. thou i will admit its pretty damn hard to build your own laptops.

anyhow ensure your drivers are up to date. as well as DirectX.

DLed it last night 5 hours early. havent played it yet installing now thou.

your Diamond FireGL card is the furthest you can get from a game capable card. its also waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind the times. (like 5 years) anyhow go out a get a new vid card. you only need a Geforce3 for $150.
--edit--
this is ops : recon, a part of the game but not the full game itself. that should be released later this summer. thats why its so small a DL.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 4:44:05 AM EDT
[#39]
And who wants to bet how many TONS of "Join up, plllleeeeeeassssseeeeeee" emails we will recieve?  God help us if they get our mailing addresses.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 5:05:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

your Diamond FireGL card is the furthest you can get from a game capable card. its also waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind the times. (like 5 years) anyhow go out a get a new vid card. you only need a Geforce3 for $150.
View Quote

Who makes the Geforce?  
AND...
Do you think it'll be compatible w/ my Dell Workstation?   (damn thing cost me $12k 2 years ago and has been nothing but trouble...)

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 5:10:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Oops....  forgot to mention the O/S:

WinXP Pro on both machines.

I tried it on my wife's Thinkpad (same as mine except for Win2k Server as the O/S)  Didn't work either.. [:(]

I guess I had better break out the 'ol XBox if I want to play any games today.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 5:13:50 AM EDT
[#42]
There are a lot of Geforce manufactures out there.  The geforce uses the Nvidia chipsets look for a GF2,3 or 4 stay away from the MX versions.  If you have an AGP slot it "SHOULD" work in your system
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 5:21:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Can't find file for package 'WinDrv'

History: UObject::SafeLoadError <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

FU$%!! Anyone seen this error message before?  Help!

-T.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 7:49:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Mine downloaded in about 5 minutes and installed fine.  Qualified as sharpshooter and passed all training.  The infantry training doesn't seem to work though, and I can't figure out how to play online, it keep telling me I'm not qualified to play that mission.  Anyone playing online yet?

Bill3508
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 7:50:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Go to America's Army.Com and download the Nvidia drivers if you have a GeForce.
I think NVIDIA uses universal drivers no matter whether you are using Geforce 256 - GF4

Ben
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 8:21:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Who makes the Geforce?  
AND...
Do you think it'll be compatible w/ my Dell Workstation?   (damn thing cost me $12k 2 years ago and has been nothing but trouble...)

Thanks!
View Quote

should be. GF3 is only 1 year+ old.

Nvidia is the chipmakers, various companys buy they chips from them and sell the boards.

VisionTek is one.
Geforce4 is out but its not much better than a GF3.

im acctuly still running with a GF2 GTS PRO 64meg. runs great at 1280x1024

and there are XP drivers for these. goto a local BB and you can find them. best is to look in the sunday paper and see what the specials are on them.

or you can go online to [url]www.newegg.com[/url] or others and see what they sell them at.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top