Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2002 3:33:21 PM EDT
Finally got this pain in the arse game to work...

Needed to download Direct X 8.1
Needed to download nVidias latest drivers for the GeForce 2 MX 400

Then spent 2 hours trying to get at least a 23 score on the rifle range

Then when ready to update online, I get no user record found

So I go to AmericasArmy.com, register my account.

Do the Rifle Range again, this time score a 36, heeeeeeee haawwwwwww but no Expert Status, WTF??
And still no user record found.

Then go to AA Forum looking for ideas as to what I am doing wrong, no tech ever replies back just people with the same question.

So I fiddle with user name and password again, do the Rifle Range, nail a 36, again, No Expert Status but my records are now updated and I can proceed to the next level of training.

Does it not say, out of 40 targets, engage and hit 36 to recieve Expert Staus and move on to Sniper School when this update comes out??

What a friggin' pain in the ass game, good thing it is free...Thanks to the U.S. Army for making things more difficult than usual.

Any one else playing??
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 3:58:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, reminds me of the real army, nothing works when it should. I can't login to my username and hence FUCK! can't go on to the next levels!!! FUCK!
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 4:04:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Escapee, one of AA's little "problems" is that your username and password can't be longer than 8 letters, and can't include any weird characters (?/&* etc). If you break these rules you won't be able to record your scores.

Also be aware that their authentication servers are overloaded due to the game's popularity, so sometimes you just won't be able to get through at all...

Good luck qualifying on the MOUT level =). If you have trouble, it should be fairly easy to find one of the cheats to skip qualification...
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 4:07:56 PM EDT
[#3]
See, you would have saved a lot of grief if you would have searched for messages here about this.....

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=132722
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 4:59:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I did search here thinking this would be a hot topic but no one seems very interested in this game..I did finish the training and MOUT was not a problem, though I am going to devote some time to getting Expert Qualified on the Range, I want Sniper School Baby...
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 5:04:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you using a proxy server for your web browser? I had to turn off my "Proximotron" in order to log in a post my scores. I've been playing on and off for a while.

If you can't get AA to work, you might want to try this game out. "Battlefield 1942". Also downloadable at Gamespy. It's just as buggy. They are still in beta but it works alright for now. There is only one map to play for now, "Tobruk". The first time I tried to play it, my display got stuck in 800x600x60fps.

Battlefield is from the makers of Codename Eagle. It has a FPS, ground vehicle and aircraft element all together in the same game. Along with fields of combat including Europe, Siberia, Africa and the Pacific. The vehicles seem to have realistic atributes too, the tiger tanks are really hard to kill if you are on the allies team. I can't wait to load up a B-17 with teammates and go on a bombing run.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 5:10:58 PM EDT
[#6]
AA is working for me now but was quite the hassle to get going, yes I have played the Demo to Battlefield 1942, looks real promising, hope the finished product is better.

The shit is going to be DeltaForce: Black Hawk Down......Mmmmmmmmmmm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top