Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/11/2002 6:27:03 PM EDT
[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/2002-02-10/News_and_Views/Beyond_the_City/a-140894.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 6:35:13 PM EDT
[#1]
The offending remark:

The Arab American Institute raised the issue in a statement Friday that cited a Nov. 9 radio commentary in which conservative columnist Cal Thomas quoted Ashcroft as saying: [b]"Islam is a religion in which God requires you to send your son to die for Him. Christianity is a faith in which God sends His son to die for you."[/b]

Eric The(AndTheProblemWithThatIs....?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 6:37:13 PM EDT
[#2]
All this "equivalency" amongst the religions is silly.  Ashcroft is a Christian.  I wouldn't expect a devout Christian to have more respect for Islam than Muslims have for "the infidels."  Tolerance, perhaps, but if he disagrees with opposing, or different religions, so what?

Ashcroft can say whatever he wants, it's called the First Amendment.  If he said it, he meant it.  So an "apology" is silly and the offended whiners can go pound sand.  When's the last time Chuckie Schumer apologized to you or me for painting us as child murderers?
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 6:39:58 PM EDT
[#3]
The headline should read:

[b]American Jarheads Want Arabs Expelled For WTC/Pentagon Attacks[/b]
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 6:44:16 PM EDT
[#4]
This is the crap we reap from years of that multicultural moral equivalence kumbaya hand-holding [b][size=5]BULLSHIITE!![/size=5][/b]

Western civilization is better than anything the muslims have going in their fleabitten, camelshit smelling dustbowls. That's why they all come here to go to college, to get heart bypass surgery and to screw around on their four or five ugly-as-homemade-soap wives.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, lIke my grandma always says, "If they can't take a joke, Fu*k em!
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 6:55:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
...ugly-as-homemade-soap wives.
View Quote

Wait a minute!  Home-made soap should get some respect here!!!
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 7:00:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
All this "equivalency" amongst the religions is silly.  Ashcroft is a Christian.  I wouldn't expect a devout Christian to have more respect for Islam than Muslims have for "the infidels."  Tolerance, perhaps, but if he disagrees with opposing, or different religions, so what?

Ashcroft can say whatever he wants, it's called the First Amendment.  If he said it, he meant it.  So an "apology" is silly and the offended whiners can go pound sand.  When's the last time Chuckie Schumer apologized to you or me for painting us as child murderers?
View Quote

[b]the offended whiners can go pound sand.[/b]
Arabs told to go pound sand..LOL....talk about a lifetime achievment award
"Hey buddy that aint no beach thats the freakin' Sahara Desert!"

Link Posted: 2/11/2002 7:26:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Methinks Cal Thomas will not be quoting Ashcroft again anytime soon... this sounds like a private remark which was made public.

In public, Ashcroft has taken great pains to do his job without bias.  (And since he is a high officer of the United States, his public statements and actions are rightfully a public concern).  However, what he thinks in private is his own business.

Citizens of the United States owe tolerance to each other and each other's religious practices, where tolerance is narrowly defined as non-interference.  They don't owe each more than that.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 7:32:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Perhaps they need to decide if their American or Arab and choose their place of residence accordingly.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 1:15:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Perhaps they need to decide if their American or Arab and choose their place of residence accordingly.
View Quote

After the next mass death terrorist incident, I strongly suspect that will be decided for them, for their own safety if for no other reason.

Link Posted: 2/12/2002 1:18:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Well we did see an exodus of Saudis from the US within a few days of Sept. 11.

I suppose that they voted with their feet!

Eric The(NowIfWeCouldJustGetThemToUseTheirLeftHandInAMoreHygenicManner...)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 1:47:35 AM EDT
[#12]
HEY! Whats  wrong with homemade soap?

I'd rather think of them as; "ugly as a roach taking a shit"!
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 2:10:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
HEY! Whats  wrong with homemade soap?

View Quote

Nothing. Where's Tyler Durden.......
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 5:20:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Jarhead_22

All cultures are equally as valuable.  Americans just have more money because they have exploited the downtrodden masses of other nations.  Our nation would be culturally deficient without the vibrant Arab communities that enrich our nation.  Just because 100% of the attackers in the recent terrorists onslaughts were Arab Muslims doesn't mean we should view our Arab or Muslim brothers with suspicion just because of their race or religion.  Give them the benefit of the doubt.  

As for Muslims in general, please, remember that it's only about 85% of Muslims worldwide that want the United States wiped from the face of the earth.  How can we fault an entire religion for the misdeeds of a few of their members?

A warm tray of oatmeal cookies would be a perfect way of breaking the ice between you and your Arab Muslim acquaintances.  I love oatmeal cookies, don't you?  You'll probably be surprised at how much you have in common!  Except for that wanting to wipe the United States off the face of the earth thing......

Tate
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 5:30:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The offending remark:

The Arab American Institute raised the issue in a statement Friday that cited a Nov. 9 radio commentary in which conservative columnist Cal Thomas quoted Ashcroft as saying: [b]"Islam is a religion in which God requires you to send your son to die for Him. Christianity is a faith in which God sends His son to die for you."[/b]

Eric The(AndTheProblemWithThatIs....?)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Go, Johnny Boy.....well said.

To Americanized Arabs -

WAAAAHHHHHH!!

Do a little house cleaning (i.e. eradication of the murderous thugs in your own ranks) and THEN we'll see about what does, or does not, offend you.

Till then, your aiding and abetting, IMO.

Link Posted: 2/12/2002 5:35:31 AM EDT
[#16]
C'mon guys.  The Arab American Institute is a special interest group.  They don't represent Americans of Arab descent (most of whom are Christian) any more than the NAACP really represents blacks or the Church of the Creator represents white people.

Substitute "Jew" for Muslim/Arab in some of the above posts and see what they sound like.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 5:36:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Who cares?

They should feel mighty grateful that we're being such good sports about that whole "Arabs flying planes into the WTC and killing thousands of Americans" thing.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 5:39:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Substitute "Jew" for Muslim/Arab in some of the above posts and see what they sound like.
View Quote

Excellent point.

And I welcome ANYONE to do just that in my post above, and I will stand behind it 100%.

In this debate, you don't need to pick a side (arab vs. Jew) , cuz BOTH sides have some real heinous dudes to account for.

Link Posted: 2/12/2002 5:41:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Jarhead_22

All cultures are equally as valuable.  Americans just have more money because they have exploited the downtrodden masses of other nations.  Our nation would be culturally deficient without the vibrant Arab communities that enrich our nation.  Just because 100% of the attackers in the recent terrorists onslaughts were Arab Muslims doesn't mean we should view our Arab or Muslim brothers with suspicion just because of their race or religion.  Give them the benefit of the doubt.  

As for Muslims in general, please, remember that it's only about 85% of Muslims worldwide that want the United States wiped from the face of the earth.  How can we fault an entire religion for the misdeeds of a few of their members?

A warm tray of oatmeal cookies would be a perfect way of breaking the ice between you and your Arab Muslim acquaintances.  I love oatmeal cookies, don't you?  You'll probably be surprised at how much you have in common!  Except for that wanting to wipe the United States off the face of the earth thing......

Tate
View Quote

That was classic!  I've got a batch of oatmeal cookies cooking right now.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 5:42:44 AM EDT
[#20]
I care not the least what any arab or Cal Thomas has to say...or whine about.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 5:46:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I care not the least what any arab or Cal Thomas has to say...or whine about.
View Quote

OK -

Odd, that. Since the Arab position is 180 degrees opposite Cal Thomas position. Your statement would lead me to beleive you don;t care about this issue at all, since you care for neither of what the opposing views has to say.

In 30 words or less tell us what you DO care about.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 6:07:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
C'mon guys.  The Arab American Institute is a special interest group.  They don't represent Americans of Arab descent (most of whom are Christian) any more than the NAACP really represents blacks or the Church of the Creator represents white people.

View Quote

The only problem with that logic is that Jews aren't hijacking planes full of innocent civilians and flying them into buildings full of innocent civilians. I hate to nitpick, but you have to admit that small point, huh? [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 6:09:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Tate

Instead of oatmeal cookies, how about some homemade gofuckyourselfanddie pie?

Jarhead_22
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 6:16:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Tate

Jarhead_22
View Quote

Jarhead -

Re-read and note the SARCASM in Tate's post.

Link Posted: 2/12/2002 6:22:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Tate

Jarhead_22
View Quote

Personally, I'd prefer some Angelo's Bar-B-Que and a beer.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 6:27:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Jarhead -

Re-read and note the SARCASM in Tate's post.
View Quote

garandman:

I know Tate, and I know it was sarcasm. I was just offering another option when it comes to baked goods. [;)]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 6:31:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I was just offering another option when it comes to baked goods. [;)]
View Quote

What a guy - isosceles AND options in baked goods.

You're OK in my book. [:D]

BTW - I'm trying the isosceles thing - and I'm LIKING.

Link Posted: 2/12/2002 6:47:33 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Now that sounds naughty.  As long as they're lowfat. Don't want our friends to get too plump!

(like me)

Tate

Link Posted: 2/12/2002 7:53:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

The only problem with that logic is that Jews aren't hijacking planes full of innocent civilians and flying them into buildings full of innocent civilians. I hate to nitpick, but you have to admit that small point, huh? [rolleyes]
View Quote

Oh, I freely admit the point Jarhead.  I just become wary of making a large group of people responsible for the actions of a few.  I understand your anger and your frustration, and frankly the Arab American Institute pissed me off too.  But I don't hold Americans of Arab descent (most of whom are Christian anyway), or American Muslims responsible for Sept. 11, and I don't think anyone should.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 8:03:22 AM EDT
[#30]
The Arab American community isn't doing enough.
They claim to help the FBI, but they do so in silence.
They need to stand up and condemn, not just the actions of the 11th, but also the attitudes that provide moral support and comfort for those who committed the acts.

If an Arab American speaks admiringly of Osama, he should be condemned and shunned by his peers.
This isn't happening.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 8:20:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They need to stand up and condemn, not just the actions of the 11th, but also the attitudes that provide moral support and comfort for those who committed the acts.
View Quote

I generally agree with this sentiment.  However, considering that Sept. 11 was the action of 19 individuals, and the Arab American community is several million strong, isn't it possible that they may simply be in the dark?

If an Arab American speaks admiringly of Osama, he should be condemned and shunned by his peers.
This isn't happening.
View Quote

Do you have an example of an Arab American who speaks admiringly of Osama?  The only American I can think of is John Walker Lindh.  Whatever he has become, it isn't an Arab American.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 8:28:20 AM EDT
[#32]
There is an Afghan Mosque in Queens, NY, where half of the congregation refuses to pray inside.  They meet in the parking lot.
They do this, because their Imam has spoken ill of Osama.
They love Osama.

You guys need to open your eyes.
Anti-american/Pro-Hezbollah, Hamas, Jihad speach has always been accepted as OK in the Arab community.
Wake up.

Link Posted: 2/12/2002 8:37:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Anti-american/Pro-Hezbollah, Hamas, Jihad speach has always been accepted as OK in the Arab community.
Wake up.

View Quote

Putting on my devils advocate hat (I agree with your larger point that Arab Americans need to do alittle self-policing)

Here on this forum, we have Anti-American gov't talk, and the subject of armed CONSTITUTIONAL rebellion often comes up.

So here's the question -

What's the difference, since neither MOST of those Arab Americans or us in this forum, have ever acted on that talk????

Where does the Arab Americans (provided they are US citizens) free speech right to criticize the US gov't come in???? Remember, they've got family lives that hang in the balance of US policy.

Link Posted: 2/12/2002 8:39:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
There is an Afghan Mosque in Queens, NY, where half of the congregation refuses to pray inside.  They meet in the parking lot.
They do this, because their Imam has spoken ill of Osama.
They love Osama.

Wake up.
View Quote

Rubbing my eyes because I was asleep like the other ignoramuses... [rolleyes]  This is a frequent sentiment that you convey, have you noticed?

It sounds like their Imam has taken sides, and the right side.  In any case, do you have some sources for this?  I do not imply that you are wrong, but I like to get the full story regardless of the issue.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 8:41:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This isn't happening.
View Quote

Guess what?  They don't condemn the attacks, they never will, they encourage them.  Its a cultural disease that should be wiped from the planet.  I HOPE AND PRAY that we are able to kill enough of them to satisfy what I saw on 9/11.  I live in manhatten and saw the second plane hit the tower.  I then watched both buildings fall.  For what?  For some sick rag head fucks who aim at nothing but destruction.  I hope one day the US throws its liberal PC views out the window and says, "what the fuck do arabs offer Earth?"  Culture?  HA!

The only thing the arabs offer is the oil they stand on.  Hardly a cultural jackpot.  

My final solution? Public executions after being smeared with pig fat.  Thats how to stop them.  Their souls still go to hell, but they'll know it beforehand.  

F'em
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 8:43:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Putting on my devils advocate hat (I agree with your larger point that Arab Americans need to do alittle self-policing)

Here on this forum, we have Anti-American gov't talk, and the subject of armed CONSTITUTIONAL rebellion often comes up.

So here's the question -

What's the difference, since neither MOST of those Arab Americans or us in this forum, have ever acted on that talk????

Where does the Arab Americans (provided they are US citizens) free speech right to criticize the US gov't come in???? Remember, they've got family lives that hang in the balance of US policy.
View Quote

Actually this reminds me of the aftermath of the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995 and the tremendous pounding gun owners and conservatives took from the establishment, about how we were almost directly responsible for the bombing itself, and how our hatred of the government had created this monster.  The obvious implication: shut up, say nothing, and learn your place at the bottom of the heap.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 8:49:09 AM EDT
[#37]
It was all over the local news in September/October:

[b]The Associated Press
09/22/01 4:39 AM

NEW YORK (AP) -- The city's largest Afghan mosque has long reflected the divisions within Afghanistan: Upstairs, Imam Mohammad Sherzad preaches against the Taliban, while worshippers who support the Taliban pray in the basement or parking lot. [/b]

You don't seem to realize the power of moral support, do you?
That moral support can be passive, too.

A "sleeper" terrorist comes to this country, and joins the local Arab social club.
If the members talk often of how good the US is and how bad, and wrong terrorism against the US is, he might just change.
If on the other hand, he notices a sort of ambivalence concerning the issue, he might believe that he will be considered a hero.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 9:02:29 AM EDT
[#38]
I understand giving someone the benefit of the doubt, but c'mon.

A recent piece on NPR spoke of this.
Many Palestinian/Arab-Americans get their news from Al Jezeerah (sp?) via satellite.
Many think the towers were bombed by the "Zionists", or the CIA.

Can anyone show me even one instance where a suspected Al Qeada supporter was turned in by the Arab-American Community?
You can't.
How 'bout that.

Either they're not doing it, or they are doing it secretly.
And that would mean that they're afraid of being shunned by their community.
Imagine, shunned for helping fight terror against the US.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 9:18:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Can anyone show me even one instance where a suspected Al Qeada supporter was turned in by the Arab-American Community?
You can't.
How 'bout that.

Either they're not doing it, or they are doing it secretly.
View Quote

Or perhaps Al-Qaeda agents keep a low profile and don't hang out with local Arabs or don't reveal their beliefs?  Considering what we know about the 19 attackers, is that not more likely?
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 9:19:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It was all over the local news in September/October:

[b]The Associated Press
09/22/01 4:39 AM

NEW YORK (AP) -- The city's largest Afghan mosque has long reflected the divisions within Afghanistan: Upstairs, Imam Mohammad Sherzad preaches against the Taliban, while worshippers who support the Taliban pray in the basement or parking lot. [/b]
View Quote

Thanks for posting this.  I dug around and found a larger article, which I am reproducing from:
http://[url]news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/americas/newsid_1564000/1564157.stm[/url]

[b]Troubling times for Afghan-Americans[/b]

However, the Pentagon and World Trade Center attacks, and the "war on terrorism" declared in their aftermath, have focused intense scrutiny on one of 33rd Avenue's buildings. Nestled beside the smart homes, the Korean churches and a synagogue is an Afghan mosque.

Masjid Hazrat-I-Abubakr, a meeting place for 5,000 of the New York City's 25,000-strong Afghan-American community, reverberates with the sound of the call to evening prayer.

The men gathering tonight have much to contemplate. Like all Americans they are still reeling from the events of 11 September. Some 450 Muslims may have lost their lives when the WTC collapsed, and though no members of this congregation are thought to be among the dead, many are mourning friends and neighbours. Others have suffered as their businesses, close to the WTC, have been shut down.
[b]Anguishing prospect [/b]

Imam Mohammad Sherzad, a US resident for 16 years and a staunch critic of the Taleban, says Americans are understandably angry and emotional "having witnessed this very horrifying act of terrorism". But he worries that media coverage of what CNN has dubbed "America's New War" is failing to separate Afghanistan's rulers from its suffering people.
"The Taleban do not represent our people. They forced themselves on us and for seven years we have fought them. They have turned the nation upside-down."
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 9:20:15 AM EDT
[#41]
(contd..)
[b]Singled out [/b]
President Bush has stated he has "no anger with the people of Afghanistan" and has asked for their co-operation, but police guards still lounge against their patrol cars at the gates of this impressive, floodlit mosque.

Imam Sherzad says some anger was defused by the speed with which the mosque organised blood donations for WTC casualties, held a vigil for the missing and created a memorial to police officers lost trying to evacuate the stricken towers.
"People understand by this work that we are just like them, that we are all Americans," he says, a Stars and Stripes flag pinned beside the map of Afghanistan on his wall.
[b]However, long-running divisions in the mosque threaten to undermine the Imam's efforts. It has been reported in Pakistani newspapers that some of those who attend prayers here have contributed money to the Taleban, he says. On the Friday after the terror attacks, 15 or 20 men decided to pray in the basement, rather than joining the much larger gathering on the main floor.
"They don't speak out in favour of the Taleban, People would not tolerate that. I expect them to come back to pray with us. It is beyond my comprehension that any group could continue to support the Taleban or Osama." [/b]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 9:27:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Islam is not a religion of peace, regardless of what the president or CAIR or the Arab American Insitute says. Educate yourself.
[url]www.frontpagemag.com/guestcolumnists/schwartz12-11-01.htm[/url]

Where was the global outpouring of condemnation and repudiation from the imams and mullahs of America for what 19 Arab Muslims did on 09.11.01? Their silence was deafening.

Osamaism isn't a radical offshoot of islam. Do you see any society in the world that is ruled as a muslim theocracy that has any respect for other religions or cultures? Hell no, you don't. Our military chaplains aren't allowed to wear their badges of office on their uniforms in Saudi Arabia. But we're supposed to bend over backwards for these paryting-like-it's-1099 bastards? Not me.

Anybody that speaks the truth, "islam = death," gets hounded by CAIR and Zogby. I judge the rightness of my beliefs by the kind of people who disagree with me.

I guess I'm in good shape.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 9:28:11 AM EDT
[#43]
So there you have it.  Certainly a more complex picture than what I thought.  The 15-20 people (not half) who are praying separately are dickheads, I agree.  I would like to see them investigated for any Taliban/Al-Qaeda affiliations, and deported if they are illegals.  Their community is responsible for policing them in the same way that we are responsible for policing our own such as Minman72, who writes, presumably about Americans of Arab descent, a few posts above:

My [u]final solution[/u]? Public executions after being smeared with pig fat. Thats how to stop them. Their souls still go to hell, but they'll know it beforehand.
View Quote

(Emphasis added by me; perhaps this is merely his unfortunate choice of words).
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 9:28:42 AM EDT
[#44]
...as I'm sure you can imagine, the local news focused on this for a while AND IN DEPTH.
There were interviews and eye-witnesses who spoke at length on how many of them (more than 15-20, that's spin) did not believe that Osama did it, and that many supported the Taliban.

The national news glossed over this. You can see it there in your highlighted quote, the discrepancy.  They "don't speak out in favor of the taliban", hmmm.  Why are they praying in the basement, again?
Oh yeah.
Double talk.

Link Posted: 2/12/2002 9:40:24 AM EDT
[#45]
A local paper's (Newsday)view:

Outside the mosque Friday, on the paved area just beyond the imam's office window, a rival service was taking place.

There, [b]several dozen men[/b][red](not 15-20)[/red] sat on nine Persian rugs that had been hauled into the afternoon sunlight. They listened to their own imam, Saifur Halimi, as he gave his own competing kutba, or Sabbath sermon.

In an interview after his service, Halimi took positions that were diametrically opposed to those of Sherzad. Halimi called the American bombing a mistake.

And he said [b]he was not convinced that bin Laden is behind the Sept. 11 suicide attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, [/b]actions in which more than 5,000 people were killed and which were praised by bin Laden in a broadcast last Sunday.

...he once had Muslim cleric Sheik Omar Abdel-Rahman give a sermon at the mosque, Sherzad conceded that Rahman preached there years ago but that it was at the invitation of ATIFA members. [b](Rahman is the blind Egyptian serving a life sentence for conspiring to blow up New York landmarks.)[/b]

...a real nice bunch of fellas.

Link Posted: 2/12/2002 9:42:28 AM EDT
[#46]

Their gall and immense insensitivity towards this nation after their people have just attacked and murdered so many innocent Americans, shows how they don't give a damn one bit about this country or it's people.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 9:50:20 AM EDT
[#47]
More local views:

[b]At New York City's largest Afghan mosque, supporters of the Taliban have chosen to pray in the basement or outside in the parking lot. They have not returned to the mosque for daily prayers since last Friday, when their imam denounced the attacks on the World Trade Center.

"When I speak against the Taliban and Osama, they harass me; so many times they harass me," Imam Mohammed Sherzad, the leader of Hazrat-I-Abubakr Sadiq mosque, said at his office in Flushing, Queens. "They say: ÂWhy do you speak against Osama bin Laden? He is a good Muslim.' "[/b]

Link Posted: 2/12/2002 9:54:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Cincinnatus-

Question pending to you above.

Thanx.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 9:59:03 AM EDT
[#49]
They way I read the article, it has not yet been confirmed that Mr. Ashcroft actually made those remarks.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 10:03:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

So here's the question -

View Quote

If their talk provides moral support for those who ACT to kill masses of Americans, then I take issue with it.  I know we can't/won't outlaw such talk, BUT we are fools if we do not see the danger of such talk.

Comparing it to the talk you hear here or on Ass-Web is not apt.  The is not currently an active campaign of terror against the US being waged by The Tin-Foil Brigade.  

View Quote

Many of them are NOT citizens.
"Aid and Comfort"
What is comfort?
Pillows?
Advocate the violent overthrow of the US government, and you're in trouble.
Encouraging those who do so might not get you in trouble, but We'd be fools to ignore it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top