Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2002 7:45:37 AM EDT
2 full version games: multiplayer first person shooter and career sim [url]http://www.americasarmy.com/getthegame.php[/url]

And it's FREE!

[img]http://www.americasarmy.com/globals/logos/aalogo.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 6/7/2002 7:54:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm, will the game have drill instructors?

"Priiiivate, start doing pushups until I get tired"

[;)]

- CD
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 7:57:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, of course.
"Get DOWN and gimme 50!"
*starts pressing the space bar fifty times*

Extra points will be awarded if you strap your 21" monitor on your back while nibbling on your filthy mouse pad (MREs).
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 8:31:37 AM EDT
[#3]
When is it supposed to be available for download?
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 8:44:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I just signed my life away.

Hopefully they don't launch a massive assualt on my phone line or my mail box of recruiting info. I'll join soon guys, chill out.

Link Posted: 6/7/2002 8:44:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 8:50:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Get Medal of Honor: Frontline for the PS2.  WWII first person shooter.  If you've got a good PC Medal of Honor: Allied Assault for the PC is excellent as well (they're very similar games).
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 8:51:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
When is it supposed to be available for download?
View Quote

I seem to remember something about end of August.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 12:00:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
looks cool. I got some games for my son's computer and playstation but I was helping him play them I got hooked! I can't wait for a good military game. Any recommendations for playstation military games? This is for PS#2.
View Quote

One shot, if operation flashpoint comes out for PS2, please do yourself a favor and get it.

It's sorta complicated, but soo worth the effort.

The mission I'm on right now (example of game)

I just made Lieutenant, and I have a squad of 3.
A medic, and machine gunner, and a basic rifleman. My mission is to hold fire and sneak over the mountain with my squad and scout out a
make shift base hidden in the forest.
I've scouted out the base, but when I try to get my squad back to my base, I get flanked from both sides of me. I'll have to come up with a new strategy, cause I've already tried holding up shop, but they always seem to strong.  

REALLY fun game, not only is there infantry, there's also tanks (you can be commander, gunner, or driver), helicopters (pilot or gunner), and planes!! There's also Spec-op missions as well!

Like I said, it has a pretty big learning curve, but its totally worth it!!
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 12:22:36 PM EDT
[#9]
so, what is it?  A sim where you sit in a class for day's on end learning the finer points of Political Correctness and how to be sensitive to womenz????   [;)]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 6:01:17 PM EDT
[#10]
thanks!
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 7:58:01 PM EDT
[#11]
BTT, for the night crew.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 8:09:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Actually, in one of the games they did go out and get recordings of a DI harshing on people for not doing it right. "That's not the Army way!"

Ship date of the Operations game is still floating a bit. July (best case) or August.

It rocks. Given the price (free) and the quality (very good) it could well wind up dominating the FPS game segment. They'll be giving it away in game magazines and through other channels in addition to the web site.

Link Posted: 6/7/2002 8:19:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 8:37:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thanks for posting. I think I saw this on a commercial last week and it looked great but I couldn't remember the name. They were showing the amphibious landing, it looked like Normandy on D-Day. Detail was excellent.  
View Quote

Get it. I played the first mission on my buddy's computer in Boston (didn't finish the game, we were heading to a Flogging Molly concert), and it's damn good. The intro cut scene if frigging awesome, and the game play is good too. In the first one you have teammates at the outset, and theirs chatter between them, and all that stuff.

I'm waiting for my new comp so I can play too.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 8:43:24 PM EDT
[#15]
[img]http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2002/20020605l.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 8:56:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top