Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2017 6:14:53 PM EDT
They have the garage feature, where you enter your vehicle and it tells you if a part fits your vehicle.

It has never failed me, until now. My truck is a 2004 with 101k miles. Slowly replacing some wear items. Time for shocks. Using my side job to pay for the stuff, hence doing it a few pieces at a time. Did my rear shocks a couple of weeks ago, front next. Ordered front shocks last week, Rancho RS5000's. Amazon garage said I needed rs5264. They came today.

Get a wheel off, decide to check something on Rancho's site before I start tearing stuff apart. Acording to Racncho, Amazon garage lied. The 5264 is for lifted vehicles. Even called to confirm. I needed the 5267. Which is listed on Amazon's site as not fitting my truck.

So I got to enjoy talking to Gupta, explaining their mistake and why it was the wrong part. Return process started, but she didn't recommend that I reorder since they might send the wrong part again.

I guess ultimately the mistake is mine since I trusted those sneaky petes.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy from a parts place.

Amazon is just the middle man between the real seller and the buyer.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:21:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:23:09 PM EDT
[#3]
imo i never trust amazon part fitment as i tend to find a bunch that "dont fit" but i cross check from other sites
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:27:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
imo i never trust amazon part fitment as i tend to find a bunch that "dont fit" but i cross check from other sights
View Quote

Sites. Fuck me I've seen this a lot lately
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:28:00 PM EDT
[#5]
If you ask to talk to an American they transfer you immediately no questions asked FYI.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:31:45 PM EDT
[#6]
For car/truck parts, Rock Auto.  I have some upper/lower radiator hoses and a serpentine belt being delivered tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:32:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry to hear of your problems, OP.

But on the bright side, I'm off to explore this brave new world called Amazon Garage.  Had no idea such a thing existed.  Your pain is my gain.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:35:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Amazon is good for parts that you already know the correct part and part number. I have got struts, shocks and even cv axle half shafts from them. If you want to be 100% sure, use rock auto
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#9]
2004 Silverado. Rear shocks were wrong, part number was correct.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:36:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm going to list the Dick Move, take what you have to a local parts shop and say you got the wrong part by mistake and lost receipt. If they ask for phone number say you never gave one as you don't have a phone. Most will trade as long as never mounted, no waiting but a crap move like I said, lol.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:38:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
2004 Silverado. Rear shocks were wrong, part number was correct.
View Quote

That is fucked. Go rock auto from here on out
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:42:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
For car/truck parts, Rock Auto.  I have some upper/lower radiator hoses and a serpentine belt being delivered tomorrow.
View Quote

I do it the other way, find the part number on rock auto, fcp euro, realoem for bmw, etc. And search for the part number on Amazon.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:48:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Amazon is good for parts that you already know the correct part and part number. I have got struts, shocks and even cv axle half shafts from them. If you want to be 100% sure, use rock auto
View Quote

Yup, I look up the part numbers then search amazon for the part numbers.  I believe it is fordparts.com for Fords and I found one for Chevy's but have not used that on in a while.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:50:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm going to list the Dick Move, take what you have to a local parts shop and say you got the wrong part by mistake and lost receipt. If they ask for phone number say you never gave one as you don't have a phone. Most will trade as long as never mounted, no waiting but a crap move like I said, lol.
View Quote

Anyone who does that is a complete cocksucking scumbag, no offense to people who suck cock.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:50:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I buy pretty many parts on amazon. They often have quality stuff for the best price.

I don't trust their fitment recommendations - I have learned to always double check. They are also not cheapest on everything - even the dealer is cheaper for some parts.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:50:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
Rock Auto is a good source for part.  I use them often for my 2nd gen toyota 4runner that i got modified like crazy.  I do remember life before rock auto... Yea life is good now.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:57:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Try RockAuto.com...I am shopping for shocks for my Jeep and found the same shock on Rock Auto for $10 cheaper per shock...after shipping.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:59:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Boycott?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:18:17 PM EDT
[#19]
I always look up anything I order with the manufacture no matter where it comes from. For that matter I always check anything from a parts house to make sure what they gave me is the correct part before I start. It wouldn't be the first time I'd been given the wrong one.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:47:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Rock Auto's return process is a pain. Amazon's isn't. That's why I get almost all of my parts from Amazon now.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:54:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Rock Auto's return process is a pain. Amazon's isn't. That's why I get almost all of my parts from Amazon now.
View Quote
Plus their verified by visa bullshit. Just let me buy the shit.

Went to amazon much happier. Just check the p/ns first.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top