Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2006 11:41:05 AM EDT
We recently purchased one of the popular Steam Cleaner / Extractor Machines (Hoover) and have been using their proprietary cleaning solution fluid.  At the rate of about $16 bucks per bottle (large).

Is there any other alternate solution that we can use thru the machine that won't give us catastrophic effects (i.e., Liquid Dish Soap in the Dishwasher) ?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:48:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I am pretty sure that there is a generic brand, just like everything else.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:51:31 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
We recently purchased one of the popular Steam Cleaner / Extractor Machines (Hoover) and have been using their proprietary cleaning solution fluid.  At the rate of about $16 bucks per bottle (large).

Is there any other alternate solution that we can use thru the machine that won't give us catastrophic effects (i.e., Liquid Dish Soap in the Dishwasher) ?

fyi: it is a shampoo machine and not a steamer....common misconception

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:55:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I use the 1 gal jug of ZEP from Lowes/Home Depot...
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:57:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

fyi: it is a shampoo machine and not a steamer....common misconception

This particular one has an onboard heater that DOES actually heat the water.  Now, whether or not it is in actual steam (vapor) form is another issue.  And its called "SteamVac".  Thanks for the replies.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:20:01 PM EDT
[#5]
night crew bump
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:24:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I sell that kind of equipment.

We sell a noncaustic degreaser that works great. (Buy something cheap at Wally World)

You need to add a little defoamer to the vacuum tank.

Where are you at in Texas?

Hell I'll give you a figal, if you're close.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top