Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2011 3:09:45 PM EDT
I mentioned about a year ago when some things changed and I couldn't go much more than a hundred yards without my left leg muscles getting real hard and the leg locking up.

I'm still trying to get the VA to take some pictures.  And give me some answers.

Part of the answer has been I have been walking less, and less.

I've changed that as of this Sat night.

I got back home to Fairbanks from Minnesota late.  At 10:30 pm.  My friend wasn't there to pick me up at the airport.

So after waiting for a half-hour, or so...I started walking.  The first three miles were a bitch.  Same thing as before except that I refused to stop.  Suddenly I felt a 'move' in my leg...and the leg felt almost 'fresh'.  I'm not sure how to describe it other than the lower leg felt blocked and suddenly cleared.  Does that make any sense...?

So I kept walking.  

About 7 miles later I got home.  Took me 2 and a half hours.  Was sorta proud of myself since I have been having problems with my back, and leg.  Was woried a bit since as I walked, the pain got worse, then sttled to and acceptable level.  As soon as I got home, and stopped?  My left leg locked up hard...though instead of the lower leg, it was the upper leg.  I think I'm going to keep being stubborn and make the leg work.  It seems to be helping.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top