Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2002 8:41:16 PM EDT
A few months ago I was almost shot by a cop with a serious attitude....now, I almost got shot again...this time at my local gun range.

I went to the local indoor gun range on Saturday to shoot for awhile with my brother-in-law (BIL).

I'm standing behind my BIL & there is a young man (early 20s) shooting an H&K two stalls down to my left.  I've been watching him on & off along with his female companion.

I turn back to watch my BIL when I notice this guy turn around with the pistol in his hands & he racks the slide to take the round out...while its pointed at me!!!  He does not even realize what he just did so I ask him if he realized he just pointed a loaded firearm at me.  He stutters & says that he was trying to clear a jam...I replied that it would be much safer for all involved if, from now on, he would clear any jams downrange!

I leave & tell the owner about the incident & he assures me that it will not happen again....uh huh...heard that before.

Now that I think back, I was very lucky that the gun did not discharge or he didn't pull the trigger while it was pointed at me.

So, if things happen in threes then the next time should be curtains for me!  Some people just don't need to be around firearms!!![pissed]
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 8:54:28 PM EDT
[#1]
What range in TX where you at?

frisco

PS...that was your 666 post.  look out!
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 9:05:29 PM EDT
[#2]
You better go see a priest to get those demons out.
That's a really bad omen.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 9:15:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You better go see a priest to get those demons out.
That's a really bad omen.
View Quote

First, look into getting some body armor, THEN see a priest.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 9:24:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 10:06:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like the Bullet Trap in Plano.  Pay $16 to almost get shot.... and treated like shit by the mgmt.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 4:33:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I would've just passed on your post , but then I saw your post count.  Now don't freak out or nothing, just stay inside for a few days.

Ben
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:26:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds to me like you were much more polite than I would have been.  There is no place for that kind of stupidity where firearms are concerned.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:17:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Note to self:

Stay away from Matrix!
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:46:27 AM EDT
[#9]
BAD karma man,this was post #666 for you !!!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 7:56:58 AM EDT
[#10]
I know the first "instinct" would be to rip this guy a new one BUT this situation is a great way to pass on a lesson for life and add another informed responsible owner to the rolls. There are basically two ways an RSO or the potential victim of an ND could handle this;

#1 Jump all over this guy like stink on sh*t and make him feel lower than whale crap on the bottom of the ocean. Humiliate him in front of his lady friend and basically scare him AND HER away from shooting activities and possibly into the arms of the antis and he STILL owns a gun that he doesn't know how to properly handle!

#2 Overcome the urge to kick ass and calmly walk over to this guy and with the firearm benched (during a cease-fire) let him know the error of his actions and the potential deadly consequences of even a single laspse in judgement. Demonstrate how to safely clear a firearm and let him know that if he has trouble there are plenty of people available to help. Let him and her know about safety courses and training available in the local area. Share a story of your experiences with new guns or when you first started shooting. Let him know that even old-timers, veterans and LEOs can be party to an accidental or negligent discharge and that is why we MUST follow the basic rules of firearm safety AT ALL TIMES. Send this guy home with a lesson and an application for a safety course and hopefully a little wisdom.

Just my $.02
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 8:47:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Come on now Matrix. We all know the kid did nothing wrong. You were just hitting on the honeypot he brought to the range. Fess up
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 4:57:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Frisco:
Texoma Gun Club.

RobertinMaine:  The Amazing Carnac lives!!  However, she was definitely NOT my type.

I Run With Scissors:
Tie your shoelaces before running.

Yeah...666 post...thought about putting a pic of H. Clinton on but then realized that would be an insult to Satan.

Link Posted: 5/14/2002 10:14:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Damn.... an HK jammed?
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 10:20:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Matrix,

I feel your pain.

'Bout a year ago I was at an informal shooting area near Denver (since shut down) and a guy I knew was showing his young girl how to shoot on a little Beretta 950, (.22 shorts). Well, no biggie, but the guy takes his hands off hers and next thing I know she is waving the gun uprange at everyone including me. (shudder)
I think that was the last time I went there.

Upside, I ended up buying that gun for $50. Cute little thing, but jams too much.

regards,

legrue
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top