Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 3:57:43 PM EDT
and throws a 80 page manual at a teenage page.....

www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1141253416363&call_pageid=968332188492&col=968793972154&t=TS_Home

EDMONTON (CP) — Premier Ralph Klein has apologized for throwing a booklet at a page in the legislature during an emotional debate over Alberta's health care reforms.

The 17-year-old page had delivered a soft-covered, 80-page booklet of Liberal policy proposals to Klein's desk in the assembly, when he grabbed it and tossed it at her.

The premier was heard to say, "I don't need this crap," referring to the booklet that was sent to him by the opposition as they fired pointed questions over the Third Way health reforms.

The page refused comment to the media and there was no confirmation that the booklet actually hit her.

Speaker Ken Kowalski was clearly miffed over the incident and Klein later rose and apologized to the page and to the Liberals for calling their policy booklet "crap."

The premier said he was simply frustrated over health care, but Liberal Leader Kevin Taft described the incident as "appalling" and said it shows the premier is "out of control."

this is my premier.....    looks like he is losing his mind, seems to have become much more stressed out since he quit drinking
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:59:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
and throws a 80 page manual at a teenage page.....

www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1141253416363&call_pageid=968332188492&col=968793972154&t=TS_Home

EDMONTON (CP) — Premier Ralph Klein has apologized for throwing a booklet at a page in the legislature during an emotional debate over Alberta's health care reforms.

The 17-year-old page had delivered a soft-covered, 80-page booklet of Liberal policy proposals to Klein's desk in the assembly, when he grabbed it and tossed it at her.

The premier was heard to say, "I don't need this crap," referring to the booklet that was sent to him by the opposition as they fired pointed questions over the Third Way health reforms.

The page refused comment to the media and there was no confirmation that the booklet actually hit her.

Speaker Ken Kowalski was clearly miffed over the incident and Klein later rose and apologized to the page and to the Liberals for calling their policy booklet "crap."

The premier said he was simply frustrated over health care, but Liberal Leader Kevin Taft described the incident as "appalling" and said it shows the premier is "out of control."

this is my premier.....    looks like he is losing his mind, seems to have become much more stressed out since he quit drinking

R.K. still has balz!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:13:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
looks like he is losing his mind, seems to have become much more stressed out since he quit drinking

Canadians drink?

I wonder if the incident was caught on video?  If so, it'll be all over the world's news.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:15:31 PM EDT
[#3]
heh. in America this would be front page news (if it were a republican)

they would be forced to go to anger managment classes and be forever branded as a violent person
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:19:07 PM EDT
[#4]
No video on this, and he is a Conservative, so I guess that would equate with being a republican
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:26:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Did that Mayor from British Columbia (forget where exactly...)  ever get his wheelchair back?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top