Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2002 10:39:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 10:56:58 AM EDT
[#1]

My sister-in-law is teaches at one of the Alabama Junior Colleges and taught high school before that.

Same old story:
20% of the kids the schools can't hurt.
20% of the kids the schools can't help.

Leaves 60% in the middle that could be helped but the programs (money) are geared to the 20% that can't be helped.

NOT just an Alabama problem.

(ROLLTIDE)
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 10:18:11 PM EDT
[#2]
If they can't pass the tests now,it seems the solution is to make the test easier or get better teachers.  

We have the same problems here,as we can raise lots of money to put a ninety foot Indian on the state capital dome,but can't pay our teachers enough so they all go south to Texas.

Good luck   Bob  [8D]
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 5:36:05 AM EDT
[#3]
That's just one more in the myriad reasons we homeschool.  When I went to the AEA office to "register" as a dreaded radical homeschooler, I kept chuckling uncontrollably at witnessing the bloated, stupid, uneducated, wasteful, vain, idiotic beaurocracy I was laid witness to.  Gotta keep the government's kids under control!  Fuc*in' sheep.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 6:00:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Better than GA schools [:D]
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 6:03:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Better than GA schools [:D]
View Quote

BUT GA better than DC !!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top