Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2007 12:58:33 AM EDT
Keys?  KEYS?  Keys as in car-fucking-keys?

www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/08/14/2005035.htm?site=victoria

Airport security scare caused by car keys

Posted August 14, 2007 17:05:00

Qantas security staff are questioning a person over a security breach that caused serious flight disruptions at Melbourne Airport today.

The Qantas terminal was evacuated this morning after a set of keys was handed around an x-ray machine.

The incident was caught on surveillance cameras.

There were long queues as passengers had to be re-screened, including those already on board planes on the tarmac.

The incident caused flight delays throughout the day.

Qantas says there was never any threat to security and it doesn't know whether any further action will be taken against the person involved
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 1:03:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Why are they able to reach around the metal detector in the first place. No one should have needed rescreening, they should have had the problem contained instantly.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 1:37:26 AM EDT
[#2]
At the Anchorage airport the lane for the folk who beep through the metal detector is right next to the lane for the folk who don't.  I have screws in my knees and always beep, so here i am, separated by a mere rope from my spouse thinking that if I did have anything that it would not have been too awfully hard to pass it to her.  

It is the illusion of safety.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 1:38:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Nothing to see here, just a reach-around situation.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 2:13:20 AM EDT
[#4]
what if somebody did have something dangerous on their keyring that was passed around the metal detectors and they were already on their flight.  Even though all passengers were ordered off their planes, what if they just left their key ring on the plane at their seat.  Do they also check all the planes with a fine tooth comb after the passengers get off for rescreening?  And even if they did still have it one them, I'm sure they could probably get rid of something as small as a set of keys before getting to the rescreening area.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 2:16:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
At the Anchorage airport the lane for the folk who beep through the metal detector is right next to the lane for the folk who don't.  I have screws in my knees and always beep, so here i am, separated by a mere rope from my spouse thinking that if I did have anything that it would not have been too awfully hard to pass it to her.  

It is the illusion of safety.

+1.

This shit is meant to curb amateur night.

If someone wants to do something, they'll do it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top