Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2011 5:04:32 PM EDT
Long story short, I hate to fly.  I was involved in a Helo crash just prior to the first gulf war (eventually went over) during some training in the USMC.  Since then, I've managed to avoid flying since before 9-11, but my luck has run out, and now must go on a business trip from TX to Potomac, Maryland, some place called the "Bolger Center".  As such, I'm hoping ya'll can answer a couple of questions for me.  When I fly, can I bring my can of copenhagen snuff on board with me?....Also, what abou prescription meds, need to bring some relaxants with during the flight.  Also, do they still serve booze during the flights?.....No B/S, this shit really bothers me.  Thanks in advance for any help.  Semper Fi.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 5:08:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes booze, I've never seen someone dip on an airplane, Your meeds need to be in clear plastic bags under a certain oz size. Check the TSA's website. I've been in several 'near crashes' some my own fault and saying that I'd go it sober. Your essentially riding in a glorified bus - its not flying anymore.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 5:14:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes to all.

Keep your scripts in the bottles they came in.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 5:32:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Long story short, I hate to fly.  I was involved in a Helo crash just prior to the first gulf war (eventually went over) during some training in the USMC.  Since then, I've managed to avoid flying since before 9-11, but my luck has run out, and now must go on a business trip from TX to Potomac, Maryland, some place called the "Bolger Center".  As such, I'm hoping ya'll can answer a couple of questions for me.  When I fly, can I bring my can of copenhagen snuff on board with me?....Also, what abou prescription meds, need to bring some relaxants with during the flight.  Also, do they still serve booze during the flights?.....No B/S, this shit really bothers me.  Thanks in advance for any help.  Semper Fi.

Don't go taking your relaxants and booze.  Recipe for blackout, except in the smallest of mixes and from what you are saying you probably won't go small.  

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't go taking your relaxants and booze.  Recipe for blackout, except in the smallest of mixes and from what you are saying you probably won't go small.  

In all actuality, a blackout might not be so bad.  Broke both ankles, had hydraulic fluid in the ears and mouth, and smoke inhalation during that crash.  No, I'm not going small, but I'll get through it!!
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 6:41:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In all actuality, a blackout might not be so bad.  Broke both ankles, had hydraulic fluid in the ears and mouth, and smoke inhalation during that crash.  No, I'm not going small, but I'll get through it!!

The most dangerous part of flying is the drive to the airport. (From a passengers perspective atleast)

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Some sleeping pills slipped into a glass of milk would allow your friends to drag you onto the plane when you're knocked out.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#7]
US commercial aviation had zero fatalities last year.

Zero.

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 8:08:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Let me help you out.  As long as you have air going over your wings, you will be fine.  It's probably going to be bumpy, but you'll be fine.  You can by booze, but bring your credit or debit card.  Chew is fine, just don't let them catch you, some airlines consider it the same as smoking and as we know, smoking is a no no on airplanes.  Sit in the middle, near or at the emergency exit, it's less dramatic when it comes to turbulence and yaw and pitch of the aircraft.  Med's are gtg, but as stated, put the bottle in a plastic sandwich bag so the TSA can see them.  

Long story short, you run more of a chance getting hurt driving to the airport.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top