Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2003 1:51:38 PM EDT
Does anyone own a Winchester 1000 air rifle. A friend of mine wants to buy one. What can you tell me about them?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:16:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont own one but I sell them. They are ok quality for the price. but the Gamo is probably a better deal if you find them on sale. Around here the 220 hunter goes on sale for about 150.
Thw Winchester is made by Daisey under the winchester name. Real stiff mechanics. Covered in greese when you open the box. The trigger and guard are all plastic as is the tang safety, wheich I dont like.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I can tell you that the trigger pull is WAY too hard. It must be over 10lb. You can lighten it up by swapping out trigger springs, but otherwise, the rifle is nice. I like the open sights on it, too, but I prefer peeps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top