Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2010 4:34:14 AM EDT
Anyone else make it? I did. First time testing with a line number of 11xxx.
Link Posted: 8/20/2010 5:11:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats

I made staff back in 96
Link Posted: 8/20/2010 5:28:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats, and welcome to the world of SSgt. Unless you are a cop, be prepared to wait a long time for TSgt. I made Staff on my first try. Tested for Tech 3 times, all times within a few points. Got sick of the BS, and got out. I don't think we had any 3C's in our squadron make it in the last two rounds.
Link Posted: 8/20/2010 2:09:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Anyone else make it? I did. First time testing with a line number of 11xxx.

Wow. Congrats!
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 9:33:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks. I am a 3P but am hoping to cross train.
Link Posted: 8/22/2010 6:13:55 AM EDT
[#5]
congrats!
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 6:38:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Any deployment experience? Maybe a Special Duty to Fort Dix (421st Combat Training Squadron)...if you want to stay a 3P.
Search AMS, IIRC it is "FT DIX AN" or something like that. It's a decent gig...I did it for 5 years (non-cop).
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 8:33:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Congrats, fellow staff select!
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 9:07:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Can someone post the list?  I am a former 3P and I want to see if anyone I know made it.

ETA: Congrats
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 10:00:33 AM EDT
[#9]
http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2010/08/air-force-staff-sergeant-promotions-081910w/

Should be all there.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 5:08:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Any deployment experience? Maybe a Special Duty to Fort Dix (421st Combat Training Squadron)...if you want to stay a 3P.
Search AMS, IIRC it is "FT DIX AN" or something like that. It's a decent gig...I did it for 5 years (non-cop).

Have no desire to stay in this career field. I have been to Iraq once and spent a month and a half on the wonderful little isle of Haiti.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 3:57:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have no desire to stay in this career field. I have been to Iraq once and spent a month and a half on the wonderful little isle of Haiti.

820th huh......fun times
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 3:57:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

tap tap
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 4:52:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

tap tap

How'd you guess You at Warner Robbins or Moody as well?
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:44:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Congratulations to all the new SSgts. I made it in 1988, first tiime testing.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:41:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Ew, terrible advice. PM me on how I know
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:40:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ew, terrible advice. PM me on how I know

Did the Squadron or Leadership go to shit in the last 4 years, or is it just the whole EAGLE FLAG crap? I liked teaching PR, RAVEN, and CST, but EF was one of the reasons I started to hate being there. There was very little "Combat" being taught, and a whole bunch of standing around watching folks mess up by the numbers.

Come on, spill it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top