Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2007 8:35:06 AM EDT
I come home to the new issue of American Rifleman. Within its pages are:

1) how to assemble an AR upper.

2) a review of the LMT CQB MRP rifle.

Moderators, Delete is this is a dupe.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:35:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Its refreshing to see articles such as these.

Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:37:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, it's a "keeper" issue.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:53:06 AM EDT
[#3]
FUDDS DON'T JOIN THE NRA!!!!

They think it's "too extreme".

The NRA is not a fudd organization.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:58:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, and besides the articles on the EBRs, the prez of the NRA is one the cover- a white Jewish woman holding a wheelgun. What's not to like?

I think the NRA is sloooowly realizing that the Fudds are not the future of the RKBA in America (indeed, if they ever were).
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 9:28:59 AM EDT
[#5]
If I recall correctly, the AR upper was assembled to fire the .204 Ruger round, presumbly for varmint hunting.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 9:39:40 AM EDT
[#6]
The National Rifle Association was I believe begun as an organization to promote civilian marksmanship. They believed we should be a nation of riflemen. Their marksmanship programs primarily involved bolt action military firearms in the beginning and also 22 caliber training rifles. It was mostly after WWII that they got more heavily involved in hunting arms.

Maybe they should forget about their fudd audience and concentrate heavily on community shooting activites to try and get more average Americans involved in shooting as a recreation. The average American is not a hunter. We hunters are a minority of sportsmen, some of which don't care to get involved in 2A issues. The NRA should change it's focus to recreational shooting.

Best Regards,
HTG
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 9:47:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yes, and besides the articles on the EBRs, the prez of the NRA is one the cover- a white Jewish woman holding a wheelgun. What's not to like?

I think the NRA is sloooowly realizing that the Fudds are not the future of the RKBA in America (indeed, if they ever were).

Sandy Froman was at the ASRPA Washington's birthday High Power shoot last weekend in Phoenix shooting her AR15. IIRC she scored a 430 or similar. I didn't do nearly as well. Her boyfriend brought his cannon along for the opening ceremony.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 9:56:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The National Rifle Association was I believe begun as an organization to promote civilian marksmanship. They believed we should be a nation of riflemen. Their marksmanship programs primarily involved bolt action military firearms in the beginning and also 22 caliber training rifles. It was mostly after WWII that they got more heavily involved in hunting arms.

Maybe they should forget about their fudd audience and concentrate heavily on community shooting activites to try and get more average Americans involved in shooting as a recreation. The average American is not a hunter. We hunters are a minority of sportsmen, some of which don't care to get involved in 2A issues. The NRA should change it's focus to recreational shooting.

Best Regards,
HTG

Have you been reading American Rifleman lately? I dont remember the last time I read anything about hunting in there. Everything has been about handguns, EBR's, ect. Yes the NRA still targets hunters, but it would be dumb to leave them completely out of the mix, as hunters have alot of a very important tool in the lobbying process... $$$.

Plus, hunting, although not in near as much threat as the RKBA, needs to be protected from harmfull legislation as well.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 10:32:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If I recall correctly, the AR upper was assembled to fire the .204 Ruger round, presumbly for varmint hunting.

the 223 is a varmint round also.

sheesh

give credit where it's due
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 5:23:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Best Regards,
HTG

Have you been reading American Rifleman lately? I dont remember the last time I read anything about hunting in there. Everything has been about handguns, EBR's, ect. Yes the NRA still targets hunters, but it would be dumb to leave them completely out of the mix, as hunters have alot of a very important tool in the lobbying process... $$$.

Plus, hunting, although not in near as much threat as the RKBA, needs to be protected from harmfull legislation as well.

There won't be many hunting articles in "American Rifleman", as they have another publication called "American Hunter".  I doubt there are many / any "shooter" articles in "American Hunter" either.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:02:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry, I don't read hunting magazines.

I didn't know .223 was a varmint round also.

I stand corrected.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top