Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/16/2006 7:40:54 AM EDT
Dated this girl for a while and at some point she took me to her apartment. Inside I was greeted by a large collection of stuffed animals. She then started to show me her favorite ones etc....
OK I'm thinking she really has a nut loose or something.
I know it's harmless but I just couldn't get past it. I just could not go any further at this point, a deal breaker for me.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:41:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep move on.......too strange
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:42:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Kinda closed minded huh?

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:43:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Why not stuff the beaver?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:44:29 AM EDT
[#4]
One or two, for sentimental reasons, isn't strange.

A whole collection is though.

How old is she?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:45:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a stuffed Super Grover sitting on my computer desk.  I also have a lego helicopter and 5 plastic smurfs.

Deal with it.

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:45:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, just wait til you take her to YOUR place and you show her your "collection"
Now who is "wierd"
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:48:06 AM EDT
[#7]
She is 34, she was really excited about her collection too.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:50:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I have stuffed ones as well. We need some pictures of dead deer in here.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:50:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Feed her a turkey dinner with wine.  Once she falls asleep afterwards, you can play with her collection.

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:50:45 AM EDT
[#10]
my wife collects santa bears, and hunts pheasants, deer, and loves shooting her ar15. Not too weird better get to know her before you make that deceision.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:50:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Come on now, what girl wouldn't fall in love with a guy who has 10,00 rounds of ammunition?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:50:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I have a stuffed Super Grover sitting on my computer desk.  I also have a lego helicopter and 5 plastic smurfs.

Deal with it.

I've got a crapload of stuffed animals.

Including a MarshMallow Man that I've had for 20 years.

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:51:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Hmmm...

at 34...

Unless they are like some sort of expensive collectables, thats kind of strange.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:56:56 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm pretty relaxed and open minded, I just could not ignore that alarm bell ringing in my head. Not something I was thinking about, more like something I felt.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:59:46 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmm...

at 34...

Unless they are like some sort of expensive collectables, thats kind of strange.

But having $ 15k worth of AR15s, which are almost exactly the same, except for little, tiny differences that 99% of people could not tell with the naked eye....
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:06:39 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmm...

at 34...

But having $ 15k worth of AR15s, which are almost exactly the same, except for little, tiny differences that 99% of people could not tell with the naked eye....

If she has a quality collection of say Breyer bears...thats a different story, I guess.

A collection of random, cheesy stuffed animals, is a little odd for an adult.  <shrug>

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:09:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Some people collect coins, some people collect stamps. Others collect DVDs, posters or maybe Zippo-lighters. People are into different things. I'd guess that the average citizen would consider a collection of stuffed animals to be much less of an issue than a collection of semi-automatic rifles.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:10:27 AM EDT
[#18]
I have a reindeer and a Rotty puppy that live on our bed, but they're sentimental, hubby bought them for me ... I can't see having a whole collection at my age, and naming them.

Still, it could be worse... she could have given you a tour of her basement dungeon and shown you her whip collection or something.

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:12:47 AM EDT
[#19]
I once dated a girl who had life-sized disney characters painted on her bedroom walls (she was 31).

That was a short-lived relationship.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:13:19 AM EDT
[#20]
People collect all sorts of weird shit; it could be that some folks think collecting scary black rifles is pretty weird. As long as she isn't collecting human skulls, I'd say don't worry about it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:13:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Keep up the lip about stuffed critters and my teddy bear says he's gonna come kick some ass!!!!

( he's quite tempermental )  
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:14:53 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Oh, DUDE.....RUN AWAY!!!!!!

ETA: I'm 22, and I have 3 stuffed animals.  Two of them are from a soldier in Iraq.  I doubt anyone here will mock me for that.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:15:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Every time you have a few seconds alone, prop up some of the animals in different ... "positions."
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:18:47 AM EDT
[#24]
I have one little polar bear, that has some sentimental value to me.

I don't have an issue with a quality collection of anything, but a random assortment of stuffed things...

Watch out. Some day you will see her picture on the news, surrounded by her 48 cats, and 20 years of stacked up newspapers.

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:23:04 AM EDT
[#25]
It's not he collection thing that bothers me, it's the" look how cute this one is" stuff.
I don't show girls my AR and say "look how badass this thing looks".
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:23:54 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Dated this girl for a while and at some point she took me to her apartment. Inside I was greeted by a large collection of stuffed animals. She then started to show me her favorite ones etc....
I know it's harmless but I just couldn't get past it. I just could not go any further at this point, a deal breaker for me.

Bang it and split.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:24:11 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
It's not he collection thing that bothers me, it's the" look how cute this one is" stuff.

Psh, yeah you do.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:28:28 AM EDT
[#28]
If she's hot, I'd over look a LOT at least once or twice (re-tap).  Then it's the old "I'm going to get a Slurpy, I'll be right back"...

You can always use the "I think one of your stuffed animals is under the bed, bend over to check".

That being said, you may not want her to know where you live.  She might stuff you too
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:30:10 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
If she's hot, I'd over look a LOT at least once or twice (re-tap).  Then it's the old "I'm going to get a Slurpy, I'll be right back"...

You can always use the "I think one of your stuffed animals is under the bed, bend over to check".

That being said, you may not want her to know where you live.  She might stuff you too

Which is the opposite of the mission.

The mission being to stuff her.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:31:31 AM EDT
[#30]
I'd need pics of the girl to make a better determination. She just may get stuffed next.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:51:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:51:05 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Yep hit it and then move on.......too strange

Fixed it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:59:01 AM EDT
[#33]
People collect all kinds of things... and just because some gal happens to collect stuffed animals isn't too bad in and of itself.  Some of them are quite artistic.  Certainly not "my thing", but I even keep one or two around for sentimental reasons.

BUT the "isn't it cute" type comments, as though you -- a regular guy -- are supposed to get all enthused with the same sentiments indicates that's she's kind of on some different planet.

Sounds to me like her biological clock is clicking into overtime and that she is obsessed with "baby type" things.   Unless that is on your urgent agenda,  I'd suggest not letting the screen door hit your backside.

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 10:00:41 AM EDT
[#34]
On a more positive note, at least she'll be able to check out the beanie babies when you take her to the gun show.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 10:04:55 AM EDT
[#35]
This really demands a closer look:

1. If there is a massive collection of babyish or cheap stuffed animals, and she baby-talks them, and fawns all over them in your presence, run.

2. If the collection has deeper meaning to her, like they were all given to her by close friends or family members, and she appears rational about it, no sweat.

3. If she has a collection of expensive or collectible animals, its no big deal.

4. If the stuffed animals are referred to as her "BABIES" or "children", you need to peace out, pronto. She is a timebomb wired to her biological clock, and I don't think you want to be there when it explodes.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 10:43:08 AM EDT
[#36]

i have a stuffed animal "collection" and i think its fine--i dont know how many i have, but i know who gave them to me or where i got them--a good friend's son brought me one friday--they arent displayed right now, but i do have a pet net i hang them all in when i have space

i dont baby talk to them and they dont talk to me    that is weird--i dont recall "showing off" my collection, when its out, but if someone asked id gladly tell them about or show them

i also collect shotglasses   *shrug*
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

One of my ex-girlfriends still sleeps with the stuffed lamb I got her for her birthday 6 years ago.  We've been broken up for 3 years.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:42:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Perhaps she is a plushie...
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:48:34 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

You mean a furry?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:49:02 AM EDT
[#40]
They got stuffed animals for 5 cent each at the Goodwil, I get them to shoot though
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:50:39 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Psh, yeah you do.

Doesn't everyone?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:52:54 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean a furry?

I think that plushies are a rare form of furry that gets off on stuffed animals (not necessarily people in animal suits).  No joke.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:55:10 AM EDT
[#43]
She prolly think your gun collection is wierd...
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:55:26 AM EDT
[#44]
I own ONE: a teddy bear bought for me from a girl I went thru basic with. We remained close for many years (she even named her daughter after me)  until her death in an MVA some10 years ago.

I have no use for stuffed animals...and I only keep the teddy as a reminder of my friend Joyce.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:56:30 AM EDT
[#45]
I still have my GI Joe with the kung-fu grip I had as a kid.  Lost all the cool accessories though
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:58:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Does she seem immature or disturbingly innocent natured?  If so run.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean a furry?

I think that plushies are a rare form of furry that gets off on stuffed animals (not necessarily people in animal suits).  No joke.

I should've never got on the internet
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:59:03 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

When I married my ex I was 29 & she was 19. Alls she had when we moved into our appartment was 2 garbage bags full of stuffed critters. I explained how small the place was & asked if we could get rid of them, but of course not. So after about 6 months of them filling the closet up she had them out when I came home from work & she siad to take the quickly to the burn barrel & do it.

I offered to let her pick some to keep, but she said no. After 14 yrs of marriage I never stopped hearing how cruel I was for having did what she asked me to do.

By the way,......turns out she was a total wack job too. I wish I had known about the stuffed pieces of trash before we got married. Could have saved me a lot of time & grief.

Smart move on your part to exit stage left at the sight of the cute fuzzies.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:01:25 PM EDT
[#49]
I have one I've had since I was six because when I try to throw it away my parents "save" it.

And I have a plush Cthulhu, but that's normal.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:04:29 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Yeah,...but anyone who is somone knows it is badass looking!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top