Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2006 6:17:21 PM EDT
.. in 30-06.  

Saw this guy for sale on Friday and he looked so lonely I just had to have him, but adoption is a tricky process and I got my first ever DELAYED NICS check.  Funshop called today and said all was well, so I went in and picked it up since it's indoor range night anyway!

No range report.. but one will come Friday or Saturday when I make it back to the outdoor range.

This is my as-yet unnamed pre-64 Winchester Model 70 in 30-06, and some of his toys.  Serial 88071, issue Lyman Alaskan 2.5x post + crosshair scope.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:22:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice..

Get a reloading press and shoot something other than surplus ammo in that baby...

I like the 150 grain Hornady SST over Varget.
The SST is one of my favorite .30 caliber bullets... DEADLY accurate

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Nice..

Get a reloading press and shoot something other than surplus ammo in that baby...

Oh I will, I just wanted a few boxes of something approximating "original."  I'm also curious to see if the tracers work after so long, they're headstamped some time in the 70s.

I'll pick up some new ammo as well and I'm definitely going to start saving brass now to get into the reloading game.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:26:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nice..

Oh I will, I just wanted a few boxes of something approximating "original."  I'm also curious to see if the tracers work after so long, they're headstamped some time in the 70s.

I'll pick up some new ammo as well and I'm definitely going to start saving brass now to get into the reloading game.

That ammo should work fine in that gun...You will probably not get the best acurracy with it though.

You will probably get the best results with quality hollowpoint/balistic tipped bullets in the 150 to 180 grain range.  

Be careful with the tracers...they should work just fine...howver, don't light the woods on fire.

Get a Garand from the CMP to eat the surplus stuff
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:35:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Cool gun!

Tracers?!?  The deer will see it coming and pull a Neo.  

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:37:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Pretty sweet, I love vintage firearms.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:41:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice...but I see a half-moon crescent cut into the space between your eyebrows if you don't move that scope forward quite a bit!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top