Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2002 10:38:00 PM EDT
Is the ONLY one to have gotten it - the AIR NINJA!

What I posted in the "combat" and a couple other threads was not an ACTUAL history, but an EMBELLISHED history to give a distraction from all the "Mall Ninja" stuff we see here - I wanted to see about a new "hero" - or "anti-hero" - or whatever the Hell the Mall Ninja is supposed to be.

Since the best stories have some basis in truth, I chose myself and added.  Shot thru the neck with a rifle round and survived?  The odds of that are about the same as surviving that thing in ALIEN coming out your chest...

Five miles daily in a wheelchair?  Takes a year to get that far...

Two mile swims?  Did five every morning with my grandded when I was a kid (grew up on a lake,) so that's not a stretch.

Two thousand rounds daily?  Shouldn't have been too damn hard to swallow - when playing with select-fire personal weaponry.

Yes, there were embillishments, I leave those for you to discern.  Most of our legends DO have some basis in fact...

For the people who haven't seen "hard times," my apologies if I went a little too far or didn't get far enough from believability (I wanted science fiction, not pure fantasy!)

For those of you who knoew better - shame on you.  You've seen this stuff up close and personal, you should be able to sort fact from fiction, and have the discernment to not resort to name-calling!  Fear not, I shan't demand an apology either

For the servicemen, yes, I AM indeed one of you.  My suit WAS blue, and I did push a little harder than the norm.  Why settle for mediocrity, when I know we can do better?  I shall not apologise for that, it is not a fault.

This was my attempt at Imbroglio's oddity, in my own way...

FFZ
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 10:45:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 10:56:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 10:56:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Then, doublefeed, a "Bravo Zulu" for you as well!

Sounds like there are now THREE of us here who have read the story Mark Twain did about the petrified man found in a cave (I don't recall the title, but it's very short and worth reading...)  

Some people set up their pratfalls almost immediately.  I like to take people by surprise...

FFZ
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 10:59:31 PM EDT
[#4]
"If anyone doubts my veracity, I can only say that I pity his lack of faith."
Baron Munchausen 1737-1794

Scott

Link Posted: 11/24/2002 11:00:01 PM EDT
[#5]
82d -
 I guess you didn't see the "greatest pain" thread as well?  Given the recent pattern of discussions here, after seeing that one it was only a matter of time before a "combat tour" thread came along...

Please do go back and read that one as well - it was part of the setup...

I notice with all that Imbroglio spews forth on a daily basis, he doesn't see as much vitriol as I do for two threads.  Does no-one understand satire anymore?  This was dedicated to all the fakers as can be found on the SEAL Hall of Shame...  (No, I NEVER claimed to be a SEAL!)

I draw a pattern, and let people fill in the blanks on their own.  When I colour in the rest, it was SUPPOSED to be just far enough out to be unbelievable - perhaps I missed?

FFZ

(edit) - clarifying "missed" - didn't aim far enough past the bounds of believability.

FFZ
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 11:06:45 PM EDT
[#6]
well, if Imbroglio is a savant, you just showed yourslef as an idiot-savant.

I saw you in the greatest pain, and thought "yeah RIGHT". But you played in the military posts, which people take serious, and you probably came off more as a fake Rambo, then a comedic genius.

Not anywhere as funny as McUzi, talking about his "secret missions" including one where he was shot and ended up in a comma for 4 months. That's right a COMMA. Then there were all types of wise guys ending up in explanation points and question marks. That's good stuff.

Yours was just kinda sad.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 11:32:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 11:54:54 PM EDT
[#8]
So is it a sign that you've "made it" on AR15.com when your name is used in a thread title?

FFZ: You may note that Imbroglio, Gecko 45, etc. maintain that personna separate from their real-world posts - different screen names, etc. When you blend reality with BS - it just looks like BS. You threads of late have had the ring of a wannabe tough guy more so than the latest threat to Gecko 45's title as supreme Mall Ninja.

Adam
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 12:01:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 12:04:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 12:07:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Can we have a link to this "great saitre", so we can judge for ourselves?

Scott

Link Posted: 11/25/2002 12:16:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, please. I sure don't know what the hell you guys are talking about. The only part I understand is the Combat threat where FFZ made himself look like an ass. What's the rest all about.[>:/]
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 12:23:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 12:30:54 AM EDT
[#14]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=152526[/url]

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=155763[/url]

Injury thread, then combat thread
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 12:33:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=152526[/url]

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=155763[/url]

Injury thread, then combat thread
View Quote

Thanx. I guess I did see the one about "combat", but didn't really "alarm" on it. [:D]

Scott

Link Posted: 11/25/2002 1:03:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
BTW, Adam, when Gecko45 first came along on GlockTalk, he was viewed as a stupid wannabe who hasn't graduated HS yet, then he grew into the legand everybody knows.
View Quote

Not owning a glock, I missed out on the Gloocktalk debut of Gecko45. I was here, though, for the famous "Hello" thread.

My point is, when Juggernaut (I can only assume that was him) wanted to play the character, he logged in as a new person. It seems odd to me that FFZ, with as many posts as he has, would decide to start playing pretend. It would have been funny had he introduced a new "character" - it just seems pathetic when he smears his own.

'Course, maybe that's why you guys don't use your real names as your screen names. I never was too creative in that regard.

Adam
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 4:23:11 AM EDT
[#17]
FreeFireZone:

You are a liar and a braggart.

I have never seen Imbroglio post extended lies about his esteemed combat record, bogus injuries, or his alleged service to his nation.

I take it very seriously when someone does the above, and do most of the real veterans here.

You are hardly a satirist, or the wit you believe you are.  In short, sir, you are a little punk.

It appears to me that you have posted these stories, not to be humorous, but in an attempt to pump up your little ego, and compensate for other, ahem, deficiencies, Mr. Paintball King.

I sincerely hope that you get over this little phase you are going through, before you make one of these claims to a real vet, who introduces you to bit of the combat and injuries you have falsely claimed.

I consider your explanation to be weak, insincere, a childish effort to cover up your blatant lies which were exposed, and in short (much like you) inadequate.

IM me if you are unclear about any of this.
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 4:49:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 4:55:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
FreeFireZone:

I have never seen Imbroglio post extended lies about his esteemed combat record, bogus injuries, or his alleged service to his nation.

I take it very seriously when someone does the above, and do most of the real veterans here.

You are hardly a satirist, or the wit you believe you are.  In short, sir, you are a little punk.

It appears to me that you have posted these stories, not to be humorous, but in an attempt to pump up your little ego, and compensate for other, ahem, deficiencies, Mr. Paintball King.

I sincerely hope that you get over this little phase you are going through, before you make one of these claims to a real vet, who introduces you to bit of the combat and injuries you have falsely claimed.

I consider your explanation to be weak, insincere, a childish effort to cover up your blatant lies which were exposed, and in short (much like you) inadequate.

View Quote

Absolutely ..this wannabe still cant admit what he's done ..still obsfucates...and rationalizes..

Still a liar...

Served in blue...as what the Orkin Man?

One of my chidhood friends and Vietnam bros was shot throught the neck and lived..
A highly decorated Inf Sgt...who has lived in a wheel chair since the age of 19

You stole his valor..and attempted to dimish it..

People like you are beneath contempt..you would have continued your deception..and only admit to it because you were caught..
Had you not been you would have continued with your sickness..and severe character flaw..

And then try to hide behind Imbrog?......
Pathetic..

9DivDoc 9th Inf Div 69-70 Alpha 2/39th Recondo
Delta 6/31st Polar Bears
Mobile Riverine Force-

Link Posted: 11/25/2002 5:00:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

At least Imbroglio makes ya think...

Scott
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 5:26:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Is the ONLY one to have gotten it - the AIR NINJA!

What I posted in the "combat" and a couple other threads was not an ACTUAL history, but an EMBELLISHED history to give a distraction from all the "Mall Ninja" stuff we see here - I wanted to see about a new "hero" - or "anti-hero" - or whatever the Hell the Mall Ninja is supposed to be.

Since the best stories have some basis in truth, I chose myself and added.  Shot thru the neck with a rifle round and survived?  The odds of that are about the same as surviving that thing in ALIEN coming out your chest...

Five miles daily in a wheelchair?  Takes a year to get that far...

Two mile swims?  Did five every morning with my grandded when I was a kid (grew up on a lake,) so that's not a stretch.

Two thousand rounds daily?  Shouldn't have been too damn hard to swallow - when playing with select-fire personal weaponry.

Yes, there were embillishments, I leave those for you to discern.  Most of our legends DO have some basis in fact...

For the people who haven't seen "hard times," my apologies if I went a little too far or didn't get far enough from believability (I wanted science fiction, not pure fantasy!)

For those of you who knoew better - shame on you.  You've seen this stuff up close and personal, you should be able to sort fact from fiction, and have the discernment to not resort to name-calling!  Fear not, I shan't demand an apology either

For the servicemen, yes, I AM indeed one of you.  My suit WAS blue, and I did push a little harder than the norm.  Why settle for mediocrity, when I know we can do better?  I shall not apologise for that, it is not a fault.

FFZ
View Quote

Jackass.
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 12:05:56 PM EDT
[#22]
i thought i remembered FFV bragging about being a mankiller in a thread titled "How many of you have actually killed something?" and did a search and sure enough here is his post from that thread.
Quoted:
Hmm - why do you want to know?

I don't keep track of bags anymore, but I have got deer, elk, boar, groundhog, ground squirrel, rabbit, woodchuck, badger, horse (euthanasia,) cow, sheep (slaughter,) and human to my credit.  Human kills were either self-defence or "under orders," and have been taken by firearm, blade, and H2H.  What do you want to know?

FFZ
View Quote

wow firearm, blade and H2H? you guys better not mess with FFZ, he sounds very very dangerous!!
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 12:12:45 PM EDT
[#23]
FFZ,
As stated in the combat thread, I am not a vet,nor do I EVER pretend to be.

Even joking about it diminshes from my friends who are combat vets. It diminishes from the members of this board who got shit from our enemies and gave back just as much, if not more. It diminishes the loss of those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for this country.

Further, it diminshes from what my grandfather did on June 6, 1944, and the year he spent in a POW camp. It diminishes from the Time he spent in Korea. It diminishes from the 30 years he spent serving this country.

Your humor is BULLSHIT and not appreciated. Go someplace else and play your childish games. And just to show I won't hide behind my screen name:

Sean Vanover
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 12:18:51 PM EDT
[#24]
One last thing, Why don't you go to the thread where you started this BS? Why don't you post your lame ass apology there?
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 12:28:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Man and to think us Recon Marines ate SEALS
quess we were just wannabes

{Proffesional allies really}
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 3:14:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
FreeFireZone:

View Quote

Absolutely ..this wannabe still cant admit what he's done ..still obsfucates...and rationalizes..

Still a liar...

Served in blue...as what the Orkin Man?

One of my chidhood friends and Vietnam bros was shot throught the neck and lived..
A highly decorated Inf Sgt...who has lived in a wheel chair since the age of 19

You stole his valor..and attempted to dimish it..

People like you are beneath contempt..you would have continued your deception..and only admit to it because you were caught..
Had you not been you would have continued with your sickness..and severe character flaw..

And then try to hide behind Imbrog?......
Pathetic..

9DivDoc 9th Inf Div 69-70 Alpha 2/39th Recondo
Delta 6/31st Polar Bears
Mobile Riverine Force-

View Quote

Ditto
pathetic shitbird attempt to make light of, and cheapen the endeavors of those who have the fortitude to actually walk the walk.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 4:17:31 PM EDT
[#27]
I second the Jackass remark

Link Posted: 5/2/2003 4:24:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I second the Jackass remark

View Quote

What's with the resurrection?
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 7:43:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 12:46:43 AM EDT
[#30]
only the best ones get brought back to life...
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 9:02:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Man and to think us Recon Marines ate SEALS
quess we were just wannabes

{Proffesional allies really}
View Quote

No personal thing meant ,but that don't sound just quite right!  
Bob [:D] not a Marine or a Seal!  Edited to say talking about Combat is very much like talking about deer hunting to a car salesman!
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 10:05:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Not a subject to be joked about.  Combat, danger, and sacrifice in service to our nation is a topic that borders on sacred and is not to be trivialized.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top