Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2004 4:40:00 AM EDT
I love how the media is protraying the shortage as poor planning by the Bush Adminstration.  What they are failing to acknowledge is that the trial lawyers drove out the manufacturers.  At one time there were 12 US manufacturers of the vaccines.  Due to government price controls and thus thin profits and LAW SUITS by the patients, there now only 2.  We are obligated to depend on overseas suppliers for more then half our needs.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:17:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Uh, did you miss your topic?

I think I know where you wanted to go, but you aint there.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:25:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:28:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I love how the media is protraying the shortage as poor planning by the Bush Adminstration.  What they are failing to acknowledge is that the trial lawyers drove out the manufacturers.  At one time there were 12 US manufacturers of the vaccines.  Due to government price controls and thus thin profits and LAW SUITS by the patients, there now only 2.  We are obligated to depend on overseas suppliers for more then half our needs.  

I keep trying to enlighten my mother with this same line of thinking...but...I am getting a headache from banging my head against a brick wall.

If I am not mistaken (and I very well could be)... John Edwards is THE trial lawyer who has scored the BIGGEST single payout EVER from a medical lawsuit of some type.

Doctors are being put out of business because the cost of malpractice insurance is getting so absurd.

Dont get me wrong...If a doctor screws up, he should be held accountable...BUT, not to the tune of a kazillion, billion dollars.
This equates having a loved one pass away because of negligence...to winning the lottery (for you AND your lawyer)
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:29:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Edwards is a trial lawyer.  I am surprised people have not yet made the connection and hammer it.  Vaccines always cause some problems in some people like all medicines.  Unfortuately in this day of litigation, the companies are litigated out of existance.  The big boys like Pfizer and Merck avoid these things like the plague.  High risk low return.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top