Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2003 9:29:46 AM EDT
At this crap about Dean's brother? I am fuming right now...I am going to e-mail vet affairs and anyone else that will listen.

www.drudgereport.com/dean9.htm

No..I'm not a vet, but this cheapens their service to our country if, civilians get the same burial honors...
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 10:08:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone? Seems as though this JPAC org has been doing for this for a while. I thought it was illegal or bad taste to bury civilians in military protocol?
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 10:10:06 AM EDT
[#2]
yes. his brother was a hippy POS that detested the military and actively campaigned against it. This is a direct slap in the face to every veteran in the country.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 10:21:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Fuming mad.  Where is the major media on this?  Why is this newsworthy only on Drudge?

I'll tell you why...they want to make the image of Dean and vets.  This is an outrage and I am fuming mad.  So mad I am writing Dean this moment and tell him to cease immediately if not sooner and issue an apology to th world.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 10:26:06 AM EDT
[#4]
C'mon, guys? WTF did you expect from the Dean camp?

I just wish I could be played a tape of this hippie dickwad getting capped. The look on his face, not to mention the thoughts going through his feeble mind, must have been absolutely CLASSIC!
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 10:27:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes it pisses me off and they know it![pissed]
[url]www.va.gov[/url]at the bottom of the page click on "Contact the VA"

Let them know how you feel!

Calling my congressman now!
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 10:29:17 AM EDT
[#6]
that is FUCKING BULLSHIT!! [pissed]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 10:32:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Well as a life long civilian I'm furious. My dad put in over 25 years in service to this country. Dean should go to Ft. Leavenworth for this.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 10:34:01 AM EDT
[#8]
where are they burying him? Not Arlington are they?

Well, now I have a new grave to piss on in the future.

-HS
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 10:37:21 AM EDT
[#9]
page can not be found....

contact page is down on the va.gov site.

-HS
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 10:45:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Letter sent to my Representative:

Dear Mr. Diaz-Balart,

I am writing to you to express my complete outrage at the story I have just read on the Drudge Report.

Where the hell does Howard Dean's family get off repatriating the body of their brother with FULL MILITARY HONORS and AHEAD of COMBAT VETERANS, when that brother crossed into Laos ILLEGALLY and with the intent of DISRUPTING THE AMERICAN WAR EFFORT!

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE? What's next, burial at Arlington?

I hope you will do everything in your power to immediately correct this outrage, and to ensure that this un-American communist sympathizer's body is required to be flown back on the family's dime, and with NO military honors!

PLEASE tell me you are going to do this! I and other vets (combat or no) are SEETHING MAD over this!

Sincerely,

(Zaphod)
View Quote

Looks like the Senate website is down...
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 10:48:32 AM EDT
[#11]
My Grandfather was a WW1 combat vet.

My Father was a WW2 combat vet, a Korean War vet, a Vietnam War vet and an Atomic Vet.

I am a Vietnam era vet, Cold War vet and yes it pisses me off to say the least...!
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 10:54:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Just got off the phone with Congressman's Nethercutt's local office.

The Gal here is calling the DC office as I type this to pass on my feeling on this. PLEASE DO THE SAME!

If you don't have your Congress criters Number, you can find it in the hometown forum it will link you to the NRA-ILA for your state.

Call to Arms!
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 11:19:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Mad, yes.  I hope to be buried next to the fucker with my ass facing him so I can shit towards his direction.  

edited to add: I also wrote my congressman about this.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This is a direct slap in the face to every veteran in the country.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 11:28:30 AM EDT
[#15]
BTT

Write your representatives please! I quote Zaphod: "THIS ASSHAT HAS TO BE STOPPED!"

here's a link to make it easier:

[url]http://www.house.gov/writerep/[/url]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 11:31:14 AM EDT
[#16]
exweese me....

I certainly don't agree with his ID being put ahead of others, but didn't I hear Deans brother was CIA??
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 11:39:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Then have the CIA fly his ass back here IN ORDER like everyone else!

Somehow I doubt a member of the Dean clan would "sully" themselves by working for the CIA unless, of course, they went in to spy for the KGB...
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 11:51:12 AM EDT
[#18]
I called the White House opinion line and gave em an earfull. Also told them I support President Bush[:D]. This really chapps my ass.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 12:01:41 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm going to:
1) Let them know what I think of it
2) Reload some .308 with a smile.....
3) ......then, enjoy some Ancient Ancient Age or some Rebel Yell
4) and save my anger for something else....not going to rant and rave over a waste of sperm's waste of sperm brother

yeah, I typed that right

Dave S
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 12:53:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Called my congressman's office, called the Senator's office then e-mailed them. I have'nt gotten any word back from the e-mails.

I'm sure they're hearing about the incident by now...just hope they don't fly home for Thanksgiving without saying something first.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 4:50:52 PM EDT
[#21]
BTT...  Just another example of how dirty, corrupt, and useless politicians are.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 7:52:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
exweese me....

I certainly don't agree with his ID being put ahead of others, but didn't I hear Deans brother was CIA??
View Quote

That is a theory that is in circulation within the non-CIA intel community.  I can't vouch for it, but it is plausible.

Jim
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:07:22 PM EDT
[#23]
One more vote for "Pissed".

Cpt. Redleg
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 9:12:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
One more vote for "Pissed".

Cpt. Redleg
View Quote
Check, sir.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 9:49:09 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm no more upset over this than when JFK Jr was buried with full military honors.  Not only that, his family was able to reserve one of the Navy's warships to act as his own personal hearse.  Pretty neat, huh?  In the meantime, veterans were in a months long backlog to get their ashes buried at sea.

Amount of days that JFK Jr spent in uniform?
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 10:27:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Many actual "war vetrans" are now out of luck lisening to promises from the federal govt.[pissed]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 10:44:34 PM EDT
[#27]
One thing about it, pissing off the [b]entire military[/b] is exactly what I'd like to see my opponents do.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 3:32:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
C'mon, guys? WTF did you expect from the Dean camp?

I just wish I could be played a tape of this hippie dickwad getting capped. The look on his face, not to mention the thoughts going through his feeble mind, must have been absolutely CLASSIC!
View Quote

Well, actually it should be; WTF do you expect from the Bush camp? Doesn't the [b]Republican Party[/b] control both houses of Congress and the Presidency and isn't Bush the Commander-in-Chief of the honor guards being used in such ceremonies?
Just thought I'd ask. [;D]

[devil]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top