Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2001 6:00:18 PM EDT
A Publically-accesible Internet Site may not be the best place to tell the world..or anyone who can dial-up the site...about military activations and reserve call-ups.

Don't help our enemies by posting where you've been called up..or where yourt being deployed.

God Bless you in the coming weeks..but for now....think about not posting any military info on-line if your in the reserves or active duty.

We are at war, leaks can kill.

God Bless, and Take Care!
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 6:06:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Tell that to CNN and every other news agency
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 6:32:18 PM EDT
[#2]
The new media is already doing a good job at giving intel to our enemies. Hell they don't need their own CIA type, they have CNN and we pay for it. I think there should be a media black out in time like these.

Remeber Desert storm? I set my VCR to tape cause it was started too early for me to watch the bombing. Boy was I glad CNN gave the exact time or else I would've missed it all. it was nice of em show our troops loading the planes so that our enemies can get an accurate head count.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 6:34:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh and lets not forget them giving our blood supply status. I seem to recall talks when I was in the military that that subject was suppose to be classified. Or maybe the military's ploy to give the enemy two left feet.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 6:36:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The new media is already doing a good job at giving intel to our enemies. Hell they don't need their own CIA type, they have CNN and we pay for it. I think there should be a media black out in time like these.

Remeber Desert storm? I set my VCR to tape cause it was started too early for me to watch the bombing. Boy was I glad CNN gave the exact time or else I would've missed it all. it was nice of em show our troops loading the planes so that our enemies can get an accurate head count.
View Quote

Oh, yeah when I was in Saudi during Desert Storm we called it Classified News Network!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top