Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2002 11:07:57 AM EDT
For those of you out there that have pre-ban "stuff" for sale. You need to re-examine what you think it's worth. I've seen people here, and on other boards, wanting $1000+ for a complete lower. Complete guns with asking prices of over $1500. Are you guys mental? Those guns guns cost HALF that when they were new. I know this is going to be an unpopular thread, so I'm just going to voice my opinion, and see what happens. IMO, the fact that something is pre-ban doesn't warrant that kind of premium. $1200 for a lower? Come on. That's outrageous! I just think that too many people are delusional about what things like that are worth. IMO, $1200-$1300 is not an unreasonable price to ask for a pre-ban weapon. $1400 if it's pristine, and unfired. Not any more than that though.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 11:12:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like somebody wants a pre-ban and can't afford it!

All kidding aside, it's all about supply and demand. Low supply+high demand=high prices.

And the prices only go up.

If you look long enough you can still find pre-bans around $1100. They are out there!

Av.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 11:19:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree.  It's supply and demand.  If people are willing to pay that much, then they will.

I have had several prebans.  I bought a Eagle Arms Preban for less than a grand.

I bought an Oly lower for under 700 hundred.

A complete PWA preban for 850.

Another Oly preban for 850.

Shop around, deals are out there.

Max
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 11:19:11 AM EDT
[#3]
right or wrong, they are worth EXACTLY what somebody is willing to pay for them.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 11:23:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 11:31:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Actually, I have several pre-bans, and several NFA weapons. I didn't have to mortgage the house to get any of them. The prices on NFA weapons has gone through the roof. I saw a guy, on one of the sites, trying to sell a Volmer MP5SD for $13000. That's exactly 1/10 the price of my HOUSE! That's too damn much money. My whole point is this. People need to be a little more realistic. $2000 for a pre-ban AR is WAAAAAAY outa line. Period. I could have a VERY nice .308 AND good scope for that kind of money.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 11:40:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I live in jersey and we can't own any AR with AR in the name(go figure) but we can own any AR that does not have AR in the title of the rifle.
OK so now we can own a preban rifle here but we can not have the flash hider or bayonet lug.
So why would I pay all that money for these two features even if I could have them here,the answer,I wouldn't ,i could care less about the batonet lug or the F/S.
So for me it's easy,I buy all the post bans I want and pay a decent price.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 11:58:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Actually, I have several pre-bans, and several NFA weapons. I didn't have to mortgage the house to get any of them. The prices on NFA weapons has gone through the roof. I saw a guy, on one of the sites, trying to sell a Volmer MP5SD for $13000. That's exactly 1/10 the price of my HOUSE! That's too damn much money. My whole point is this. People need to be a little more realistic. $2000 for a pre-ban AR is WAAAAAAY outa line. Period. I could have a VERY nice .308 AND good scope for that kind of money.
View Quote

Well OK.. you might want a nice .308 and a scope.. I might want a FS, HIGH cap/det MAG well, AND a collabsable stock..

I cant get that on that new .308 on can I?

diffrent strokes for diff folks.. thats all ..  

dont like the prices dont buy..
like  it item .. buy it..

that simple.. [:)]
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 12:11:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Agree,some of prices you see makes me LOFL,glad I don't need a bayonet on mine,Folding/coll. stock might be nice,but for that price,I think I'll pass.In defence of the scalpers,if people are willing to pay that much,why take less.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 12:26:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I live in jersey and we can't own any AR with AR in the name(go figure) but we can own any AR that does not have AR in the title of the rifle.
View Quote
That's rich, isn't it!  All of the bans, federal and state, are based on looks and names and nothing else.  They have succeeded in scaring the uniformed sheeple.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 2:26:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

So as a sign of good faith, I can assume that you are offering YOUR prebans for sale at their pre-'94 costs???

I would like dibs on all your prebans, I figure $700 is more than fair for any ARs.  I'll even pay that much for any preban HKs, Augs, etc. just to be fair.

I'll also take any NFA guns you have at pre-'86 prices.  So hopefully you at least have an MP5, I'll give you $1200 for that and each NFA HK you own.  

Let me know what you got and where I can send the money order so we can get this deal rolling.

And let me thank you sincerely for being so  honorable by beginning this trend with your personal collection...
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 2:33:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Clap,Clap, Clap, Clap!!!! RIGHT ON Snoogins!

I've asked myself that question over and over. Why spend another $800 for a bayo and collapsible??

And I'm tired of these gunshow scalpers splaining to me, that the Colt AR is the best AR15 on the market. Horsehockey!

I guess I'll wait for the "sun" to set before they go down.

[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 2:39:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Outstanding HKocher!

i love your view. If there's any SP1's i call dibs. LOL

Some people are a bit high on their prices. But like most have said, it's supply and demand. I wanted the politically incorrect Assault weapon. So i spent the extra few bucks. I didn't pay through the ass... I got an immaculate pre ban SP1 for $1200. IF you want the extra toys, you're gonna have to pay for them. Look around, and you'll find a decent price. And try not to look down on people because they feel pre ban is worth the extra money. We all have our own tastes....to each his own.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 2:45:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I noticed most of the High priced Pre ban ARs listed by the auction houses never get any bids!
They just keep relisting over & over!
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

$130,000 for a house??? It's just a bunch of lumber, for gosh sakes!  New trees can be regrown when old ones are harvested so there's an endless supply.  You really shouldn't have paid more than $13,000 for that house.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 3:06:19 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm personally sick of dime bags costing more than a dime! You know what pot cost in the '60's? Like nothing, man! I want these people to get realistic with their prices! I can't afford this crap, I could go out and buy a very nice pack of cigs AND a lighter for $4! why would anyone pay more just to support unrealistic market condition? I didn't create the DEA, I shouldn't have to deal with higher prices, blah blah blah blah whine whine bitch bitch not fair poor me my uterus hurts...

Let the market determine pricing-it's called capitalism. If you think current prices are unfair, sell us your stuff for pre-86 and pre '94 prices, like HKocher said.

Juggernaut

Link Posted: 8/30/2002 5:47:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Some of us bought our AR15's before the ban.
Hell, somebody had to do it.
[:)]

Link Posted: 8/30/2002 6:03:18 PM EDT
[#17]
[:K]  

Notice how he says, "Are [b]you guys[/b] mental?"  Implying of course that he isn't one of "us guys" and finds what we do wrong.  He then claims to own pre-bans and NFA weapons in a second post.  Me calls bullshit.  Me thinks this feller don't own no guns 't all.

HKocher, I think you frightened him away with that excellent post.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top