Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2005 6:28:11 AM EDT
Tax all of the income made by strippers and prositutes.

That is all.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:30:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:37:58 AM EDT
[#2]
How about making Iraq repay us for every dime we've spent in liberating their fucking hellhole of a country by taking the same amount we've spent in free oil, and adding $1 billion for every American life lost to the total.

HH

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:38:07 AM EDT
[#3]
There's no Revenue Deficit, there's a Spending Frenzy.
The more money they get, the more they will spend.
Brock Yates said it best, "Giving money and power to the goverment is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:38:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Stippers and strip clubs are already taxed.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:41:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Brock Yates said it best, "Giving money and power to the goverment is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."

+1000

The gov't gets a limit-free credit card and we get the bill.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:54:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

+100
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:56:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

But I thought Republicans were party of smaller government.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:42:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yep
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:47:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Brock Yates said it best, "Giving money and power to the goverment is like giving whiskey and car keys to Ted Kennedy."

+1
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:53:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Stop blaming the .gov for everything.

Half of this country's problems are due to trade deficits, which are right smack on the shoulders of the consumer. Sending dollars out of the country kills our manufacturing base, throws people out of work and increases their dependency on .gov programs.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:58:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep

BOTH parties are "big government" parties now - to talk about one being for smaller govt more so than the other is like saying that cyanide is MORE poisonous than rat poison - pretty irrelevant if your wife already put it in your coffee.

Yeah - so my analogies are bad.  Tell me something I don't know.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:20:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Sell government property: land, buildings, equipment, etc... It's just like a business having a liquidation sale.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:31:32 PM EDT
[#13]
If the mayor in Seattle gets his way the strip clubs will close down anyway.

The proposed new rules, would, among other changes, require lighting bright enough to make "all objects" clearly visible; prohibit strippers from taking tips directly ("tips for dancers must be placed in a container provided by the club"); and impose "a four-foot rule for lap dances," according to the mayor's paradoxical press release. Under the new regulations, strip-club owners and managers would be directly responsible for any violations of the law.

They've proposed these rules because Bob Davis has filed a claim against the city fighting the 17 year old  moratorium, that was revoted on and renewed by the city council every year,  that capped the city's strip-club licenses at five.  Seattle has 500 registered nude dancers.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:33:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Stop blaming the .gov for everything.

Half of this country's problems are due to trade deficits, which are right smack on the shoulders of the consumer. Sending dollars out of the country kills our manufacturing base, throws people out of work and increases their dependency on .gov programs.

Yes but when those countries trade dollars for their currency, the value of the dollar drops, making U.S manufacturing more affordable and foreign goods more expensive. Now if China would allow their currency to float...
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:41:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Tax licensed weed farmers $50 an ounce. Have controlled distribution like alcohol: truck leaves = tax paid. Deficit = *poof*.

Instead of the money for Americas #1 cash crop going into the hands of criminals and foreign dictators I'd much rather see it used to cut my other taxes.

It's time everyone faced up to the fact that if there was no demand, there would be no supply. Better to bring the market in the open than rely on black market forces to control it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top