Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 4:31:34 AM EDT
Can't help but make the obvious statement in this season--

THERE WAS ONLY ONE PRIMARY REASON THE FOUNDING FATHERS WROTE THE AFFIRMATION OF THE GOD-GIVEN RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS...

TO KEEP A TYRRANICAL GOVERNMENT AT BAY.

This is not about defending your home, keeping out looters, shooting sports, hunting, etc.

One thing and one thing only when you boil it all down--keeping a tyrranical gov at bay.
All other benefits come after this truth.

Gunowners needs to step up and realize this possibly life or death paradigm--so that we will finally take a stand and not continue to get railroaded...

What is going on in NO and other places in the nation are steps of tyrrany from our gov.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:40:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Jhill -

I think you're preaching to the choir here, but you're right on the money.

The real issue lies in how to undo 30 years of brainwashing of the masses that:

1) the 2nd isn't an individual right, but a state, or militia...blah, blah
2) Hunting is why the 2nd exists
3) people with guns are bad
4) evil guns are more bad
5) we lost the definition of "infringed" and can't find it anywhere

I think Jim Scoutten was on to something with his shows portraying guns as fun, useful, historic, etc.  His was a show that anyone could watch and learn from and possibly change their minds on the subject.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:55:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I realize who I am 'preaching' AT.  There are lots of people in this choir, but most aren't singing...

Have you put yourself in the situation of NO homeowners who have been trampled on?
I have often heard it said that, "If I had to give up my arms to feed my family--I would feed my family"  Realize what happens here:
The only difference between a citizen(free) and a slave is a gun--not speech, not paper, not an organization--a gun!
If you would have to make the decision to feed your family thru disarming, then you need to get off your butts, cancel your 150 channel cable, get out of your cars payments and provide for yourself...NOW!

OTHERWISE you will get shipped off the the concentration camp like the old woman after she was pile-driven into the floor...
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:03:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Forgot to add:  Has anyone seen 'Innocents sp? Betrayed' by JPFO?

200million people slaughtered at the hands of their own gov in the last century--
here's the progression:  disarmed, rounded up, slaughtered

In light of what we are seeing in NO, and knowing the feeble-mindedness (gov. dumbed down) population that we live--you still think it can't happen here??

...only ONE reason...
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:06:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:09:15 AM EDT
[#5]
THERE WAS ONLY ONE PRIMARY REASON THE FOUNDING FATHERS WROTE THE AFFIRMATION OF THE GOD-GIVEN RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS...

All other benefits come after this truth.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top