BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2004 6:42:21 PM EDT
http://www.applegateoregonnews.com/articles/index.cfm?artOID=229044&cp=10963

5:30 pm PT, Tuesday, Sep 21, 2004

One Eyed John - Kerry Is No Friend Of Hunters - He Isn't A Real Shooter, Either

By   Dennis M. Becklin
Publisher / SouthernOregonNews.com

Medford, Oregon - John Kerry has been shown by the media participating in just about every form of individual athletic activity, from windsurfing to skeet shooting. He seems to be able to stay up on his skis and his board, but he's definitely not a real shooter. No serious skeet, trap, sporting clays or gamebird shooter shoots with one eye closed.

There's no telling what sportsman's (or sportswoman's) voter block Kerry will try to con next. The groups that won't be fooled by this election year shotgunner convert are real hunters and real sport shooters.

Any serious hunter or sport shooter would immediately realize that this guy is putting on "the dog" when you see him handle a shotgun or actually take a shot at a clay pigeon. Anyone familiar with the safe and proper handling and use of firearms knows that the Kerry gunslinger act is a phony.

For starters, I've never seen a photograph of Kerry wearing safety glasses while shooting. There isn't a sport shooting club in the country that would allow him to take a single shot at a clay pigeon in a tournament without wearing proper eye protection.

Second, is the one-eyed shooting style. That's all you need to see to know that you're looking at a transparently fake shooter. No experienced shotgunner shoots with one eye closed. It's a problem of depth perception. One eyed shooters don't have good depth perception, and they have a difficult time swinging the gun barrel to the correct position for an accurate shot if only one eye is open. It's difficult to concentrate on the barrel of the gun and on the clay pigeon at the same time, even if both eyes are fully open.

What Kerry has done with his shooter photo ops is to pretend to be a supporter of the shooting sports at a time he thinks it might help him at the ballot box in November, 2004..

What Kerry hasn't done over his many years in the US Senate is to oppose anti-hunting legislation and/or anti-gun legislation. He's not a friend of gun owners, hunters or hunting.

It's not about his opposition to "assault weapons". I don't personally care if Kerry opposes "assault weapons". It's not a major issue for most hunters unless he continues to oppose the sale and use of semi-automatic shotguns and rifles that have been used for countless years by law-abiding citizens for hunting and sport shooting.

If a killer is using a single shot black powder gun, it can kill anything it is targeted to hit. Killers of humans don't need multiple rounds to do their dirty deeds...Just ask the knife wielding, head severing, Islamic terrorists in Iraq.

John Kerry isn't going to fool any hunter or sport shooter with a few cameo photographs wearing his orange vest or hoisting a gun to his shoulder.

If you're a hunter or sport shooter, you already know that you're not likely to vote for John Kerry on the basis of his voting record on guns and hunting. Just don't.

Dennis M. Becklin, Publisher
SouthernOregonNews LLC
GrantsPassNews.com
MedfordNews.com
NewsAshland.com

Contact info: Dennis M. Becklin may be reached at [email protected].

=========================

So, the author doesn't give a damn if they ban our "assault weapons" (just leave our semi auto "hunting" weapons along) but acknowledges that murder can be done with single shots and muzzle loaders?

Explain that one to me, please.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:43:58 PM EDT
[#1]

This "sportsman" can SUCK MY SWEATY BALLS!!!!!!!!

Zen
"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:47:45 PM EDT
[#2]
When the SHTF let's see the guys with muzzleloaders saving the day.

Guys with hunting rifles? Okay. But not break-open shotguns or muzzleloaders...
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:29:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

PUuuullleaze...."sportsmen" like him will willingly hand them over.

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:30:42 AM EDT
[#4]
That's why I am tempted, whenever I hear about Kerry being a "friend to sportsmen and is a hunter himself", to say how horrified I am at his hunting.  That would put them into a loop.  We know his position on our stuff, and he's trying to end run with his hunting. What happens when he can't say what a great hunter he is without losing some other voters.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:33:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

That's my BOSS.  

I *think* he's trying to play it down the middle of the road.

I'd bet he owns some so-called assault rifles.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:47:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's my BOSS.  

I *think* he's trying to play it down the middle of the road.

Time to find a new job
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:48:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

PUuuullleaze...."sportsmen" like him will willingly hand them over.

S.O.

Ja. Zey are alvays beink good Germans.....
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:53:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's my BOSS.  

I *think* he's trying to play it down the middle of the road lying

I fixed it for you.

So, he owns AWs but doesn't think anyone else should? He's not only a liar, but a hypocrite.

We have another word for people like that: backstabber.

Watch out for him when it's RIF time at your job......
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:55:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Zen

I don't see the big deal about what he wrote.  In fact he is right, a single shot is just as deadly as an AR.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:01:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Zen

I don't see the big deal about what he wrote.  In fact he is right, a single shot is just as deadly as an AR.

Yes, but he will GLADLY sacrifice YOU and your AR to the lions, just so he can keep his single shot. THAT's the dif.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:12:26 AM EDT
[#11]
However, the author sees and seems to understand that the gun grabbers what all guns.  From what I have read it seems that he is trying to rally the "sporting" crowd to Bush's side.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:14:25 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

However, the author sees and seems to understand that the gun grabbers what all guns.  From what I have read it seems that he is trying to rally the "sporting" crowd to Bush's side.

That's my take on it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:16:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

[Mr. Garrison]  Eric, what did you say!  [/Mr. Garrison]

[Cartman w/ megaphone]  Ahem, sorry.  I SAID, YOU CAN LICK MY BALLS.  [/Cartman w/ megaphone]  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:23:24 AM EDT
[#14]
I must confess I was very dissapointed with this months issue of Outdoor Life.  They did a very PC neutral Political Analysis between Kerry and Bush and basically just published the Kerry sporting lines dished out by his campain offices and completely ignored his voting record/anti gun stance.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:30:41 AM EDT
[#15]
complain to outdoor life and threaten to cancel your subscription.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:37:03 AM EDT
[#16]
what kinds of firearms do you think he (skerry) will go after once he gets "assault" types banned and made illegal????? you know he/they won't stop there.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:40:05 AM EDT
[#17]
The central problem is that many sportshooters aren't politically knowledgeable or willing to become any more politically active than so many mushrooms.  There are a TON of these guys here in Pennsylvania.  Their take on politics is TOTALLY negative.  These are they guys who don't even want to vote because then the government will, "have my name on the jury duty list."  We see these guys every year when we admit new members into our shooting club.  We're an NRA recruiter and you must join the NRA to join our gun club.  Approximately half of the new members have to be signed up into the NRA before they quality for admittance and you can tell that they don't particularly like it.  "Now I'm gonna get all those solicitations for money from the NRA."
"That's right a**hole!  And how about actually sending them some extra money!?"
You need to remember that these guys don't give a rat's ass about gun rights nor the Second Amendment.  If the RKBA disappeared tomorrow they wouldn't do one damn thing about it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:38:55 AM EDT
[#18]
The first rule of making a speech is "Know your audience". This speech isn't directed at us - this speech is directed at the "sportsmen" who believe banning "assault weapons" is OK as long as their shotguns are protected and it is an effective speech.

To people who believe the Second Amendment is about hunting, standing up for assault weapons seems ludicrous. We all know that there are catch phrases and things you can say that will cause your audience to immediately shut you down and not listen to any of the good points you are making (Hell, this thread is prime evidence of that).

This guy is making a well-crafted pitch to the duck hunters...

Notice how he says "It's not about his opposition to "assault weapons". I don't personally care if Kerry opposes "assault weapons".  and then immediately follows up with "It's not a major issue for most hunters unless he continues to oppose the sale and use of semi-automatic shotguns and rifles that have been used for countless years by law-abiding citizens for hunting and sport shooting."

First he defuses the idea that he is an "assault-weapon toting gun nut" - if he had come right out and said "Kerry wants to take your shotguns because he signed an assault weapon ban", they would have shut him off the way many of you just did and not heard the good points he made. Instead, he says " I don't care about assault weapons" and then proceeds to make the very true point that the guns Kerry is trying to ban are the same ones they use for hunting.

Most of the people here agree with 98% of what he says in that article, yet that one phrase caused many of you to attack the man and the entire article because his pitch wasn't geared to you, it was geared to the duckhunters who would have reacted the same way to some of the posts being made here.

Whether this guy supports assault weapons or not is irrelevant, his actions (showing Kerry as a sham and a fraud to the duck hunting crowd and pointing out his support for bans of guns they use) work to support our rights. Pick your battles folks... beating up on a guy who is pulling the same direction we are isn't exactly a skillful use of time or resources.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:55:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The first rule of making a speech is "Know your audience". This speech isn't directed at us - this speech is directed at the "sportsmen" who believe banning "assault weapons" is OK as long as their shotguns are protected and it is an effective speech.

To people who believe the Second Amendment is about hunting, standing up for assault weapons seems ludicrous. We all know that there are catch phrases and things you can say that will cause your audience to immediately shut you down and not listen to any of the good points you are making (Hell, this thread is prime evidence of that).

This guy is making a well-crafted pitch to the duck hunters...

Notice how he says "It's not about his opposition to "assault weapons". I don't personally care if Kerry opposes "assault weapons".  and then immediately follows up with "It's not a major issue for most hunters unless he continues to oppose the sale and use of semi-automatic shotguns and rifles that have been used for countless years by law-abiding citizens for hunting and sport shooting."

First he defuses the idea that he is an "assault-weapon toting gun nut" - if he had come right out and said "Kerry wants to take your shotguns because he signed an assault weapon ban", they would have shut him off the way many of you just did and not heard the good points he made. Instead, he says " I don't care about assault weapons" and then proceeds to make the very true point that the guns Kerry is trying to ban are the same ones they use for hunting.

Most of the people here agree with 98% of what he says in that article, yet that one phrase caused many of you to attack the man and the entire article because his pitch wasn't geared to you, it was geared to the duckhunters who would have reacted the same way to some of the posts being made here.

Whether this guy supports assault weapons or not is irrelevant, his actions (showing Kerry as a sham and a fraud to the duck hunting crowd and pointing out his support for bans of guns they use) work to support our rights. Pick your battles folks... beating up on a guy who is pulling the same direction we are isn't exactly a skillful use of time or resources.

Very astute analysis.

The writer of the article is a very smart individual, and I'm certain it was carefully crafted for the intended audience.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top