Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2005 4:52:34 PM EDT
www.freetimes.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=2354

Unfucking believible. Read this story and please tell me its a work of fiction by Steven King. I personally think about 90% of it is total BS.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:59:15 PM EDT
Yeah, it's been beat to death over at Lightfighter.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:08:27 PM EDT
Cliffnotes?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:10:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2005 5:13:44 PM EDT by FightingHellfish]
That's so over the top, that I wonder if a real soldier was just bullshitting the reporter to see how much crazy shit he could get him to believe.

I especially like the fact that he had 4,426 jumps with the 101st Airborne!

Can you post a link to the Lightfighter thread?

Has anybody local to this guy called him out, or at least confronted the newspaper?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:13:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2005 5:14:52 PM EDT by Killbot]

Originally Posted By Epsilon:
Cliffnotes?

BULLSHIT
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:17:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:
That's so over the top, that I wonder if a real soldier was just bullshitting the reporter to see how much crazy shit he could get him to believe.

Has anybody local to this guy called him out, or at least confronted the newspaper?

im no airborne fella....but that seems excessive
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:19:49 PM EDT

I especially like the fact that he had 4,426 jumps with the 101st Airborne

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:34:36 PM EDT
If the guy took 7 rounds . . . one to the head and has a porcelain plate to prove it . . . he would have been given the opportunity to get out at that point.  If he didn't . . . the scheisse sandwich he is eating was made by his own hands.

But from what I read . . . I stopped just a few paragraphs in . . . it is BS.  The best they can hope for is to have the guy step forward and claim it.  Then he can be exposed as the poser he is.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:37:27 PM EDT
What ever became of the Navy E-4(?) that had a bunch of wild claims in a newspaper article about a year or so ago? I think it was in PA, but I'm not sure. Anyone else recall that? There was a scan of the article, and he was sitting on the couch with his mom. He was telling the reporter how he was basically single-handedly running an aircraft carrier.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:38:48 PM EDT

lightfighter.net/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=7336015661&f=5436084761&m=263107539
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:41:13 PM EDT
did he have a fricken laser beam on his head too?!?!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:41:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MDC85:

im no airborne fella....but that seems excessive

I did the quick math and if he jumped once a day he could do it in like 12 years, but he would have to jump everyday. Oh and when did the 101st start jumping again? I thought they hadn't been an Airborne unit since 1969? I knew they were Air Assualt. Thanks Arvin
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:56:34 PM EDT
complete bs
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:55:58 AM EDT
BTT for this:

Originally Posted By DzlBenz:
What ever became of the Navy E-4(?) that had a bunch of wild claims in a newspaper article about a year or so ago? I think it was in PA, but I'm not sure. Anyone else recall that? There was a scan of the article, and he was sitting on the couch with his mom. He was telling the reporter how he was basically single-handedly running an aircraft carrier.

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:06:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/12/2005 12:13:59 PM EDT by Stoney-Point]
Dzl....kid's name was Luciano...

This the one you are asking about?

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:08:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Stoney-Point:
Dzl....kid's name was Luciano...

I'll upload the scans of the article soon

Thanks. No need to upload the scans. I'll google the asshat and see what I can come up with. I just never heard what the outcome was. I think there were some ARFCOM folks that had relatives on the same ship, and were planning on outing this goob to his shipmates.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:37:14 PM EDT
Thanks, Stoney-Point.

That's the guy, but I can't find anything on him on Google, and it's way beyond the 3-month capacity of the current Search feature. If anyone has a link to the old thread on this guy, I'd appreciate it. Call it morbid curiosity, I guess.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:20:27 PM EDT
The 101st has been off jump status since 1974. this is a100% dupe.

Originally Posted By Jeep29:
www.freetimes.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=2354

Unfucking believible. Read this story and please tell me its a work of fiction by Steven King. I personally think about 90% of it is total BS.

Top Top