Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/22/2016 10:07:47 PM EDT
Do you remove them before going to the range???? I do.Just seems to mall ninja like to have a gun with a flashlight at the range in broad daylight....but maybe I'm not tier 1 enough...
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:08:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Do you remove them before going to the range???? I do.Just seems to mall ninja like to have a gun with a flashlight at the range in broad daylight....but maybe I'm not tier 1 enough...
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:09:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Lol FPNI.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:11:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, I just take the flashlight.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:13:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got back from the range. Glock 19 with an SureFire x300

Shoot with and without it, since I carry it without a light, but at home it wears it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:14:20 PM EDT
[#5]
The only time they come off is to replace the batteries.  If some Fudd thinks I'm a mall ninja I don't give a fuck.  He should get with the times.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:15:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Train like you would fight
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:16:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Only my HD AR has a light. It don't see the public range much. Classes and private ranges it goes to mostly, only because I don't want to listen to the fudds.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:18:03 PM EDT
[#8]
The guns with lights only get lights taken off to change batteries.  Otherwise they get shot with the lights on, it helps me to know they will still be reliable with the lights attached.  I've never seen it myself, but there are old wives" tales about guns that work 100% and then you attach a light and reliability suffers.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:19:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

So when you go to the range your running around seeking shelter while retuning fire?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:22:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Everything stays on.
I only have lights on my ar-15 SBR, g-19, 870 shotgun.
Everything else is bare bones.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:23:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Maybe I should leave the guns I would actually carry and use at home and just shoot single shot 22s so the FUDDs don't think I'm goofy.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:24:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Actually, I do often remove it to keep the lens from getting CAKED with fouling/powerburn.  It's a real PITA to clean.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:25:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So when you go to the range your running around seeking shelter while retuning fire?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:25:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you care about image that much when training, you are a mall ninja....
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:26:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't take mine off.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:26:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote

Of course you leave them on.  

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:26:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You don't?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't?

As long as you scan for threats you'll be ok.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:26:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Actually, I do often remove it to keep the lens from getting CAKED with fouling/powerburn.  It's a real PITA to clean.
View Quote

Vaseline.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:27:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm glad I leave it on. It moved and got loose one day so I was able to fix the issue. Would have sucked if I needed it for the alien invasion.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:28:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't?

I bet you don't do 100 4 count side straddle hops before stepping up to the line, either.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:31:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

And keep the lens of a $300-400 light from getting extra wear and tear when not needed...at least someone get it...
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:32:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No but I do crouch behind the bench in my banana hammock and fuzzy slippers.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:34:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

And keep the lens of a $300-400 light from getting extra wear and tear when not needed...at least someone get it...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For fucks sake. Put a thin coat of vaseline on the lens when you go to the range for day light shooting. Wipe it and most of the fouling off afterwards.
Have you actually used your weapon light to practice low light/no light shooting?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:34:54 PM EDT
[#24]
I leave the flashlight on so it doesn't affect my sights.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:35:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Have a light on my HD AR and MC Operator. They stay on the firearm unless batteries need changing.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:35:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Vaseline.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vaseline.

So smear the light with Vaseline rather then loosen 2 flat heads and just take it off...yeah that makes sense
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:35:51 PM EDT
[#27]
My holsters require the lights stay mounted.  Rifle lights stay on too.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:36:19 PM EDT
[#28]
No. If I'm going to use a flashlight for HD I leave the weight on my gun to go shoot
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:36:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah but it doesn't last very long before I get kicked out because most ranges don't let you shoot in only your underwear.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:36:44 PM EDT
[#30]
No.  I shot both an AR and a pistol today that have weapon mounted lights and I left them on.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:36:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can shoot in my yard, but, for longer than 100 yards, I generally go to the farm ( one field we can shoot is about 800 yards, the other goes to 1500, but I don't shoot that far ) or go to a friend's place that we can get 400 yards. All of those are private places.

On the off chance that I go to a public range, I take my guns they way they are set up. I don't care what others think of me, not my guns, my clothes, my fat ass, or me, period. Life is easier if you don't give a shit. Live your life and do as you want.

OP, just do what you want to do if it works for you, and the hell with what a stranger that you'll never see again thinks.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:38:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

So smear the light with Vaseline rather then loosen 2 flat heads and just take it off...yeah that makes sense
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vaseline.

A thin coat on the lens protects it, it will still project light even, if diffused. Without the light attached my handgun fits like shit in my holster, I prefer to use my handgun as I carry it daily.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:39:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Never thought about taking mine off cause of what someone at the range may think about me. If I ever have to use it it will have the light attached so that's how I practice.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:40:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't intend to fight paper targets from a bench.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:40:57 PM EDT
[#35]
My x300 looks like hell from practice with my edc. It's pretty melted on the top side.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:42:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol, Delaware.  (Sorry, couldn't resist)

The lights stay on.  No reason to screw with them

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

You don't?
View Quote

^ This.   You're only going to get so much benefit from just standing around shooting.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:42:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Vaseline.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vaseline.

Chapstick.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:43:06 PM EDT
[#38]
[personal attack removed  and warning issued - Paul]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:43:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Yes and no.  I don't store some of my weapons with the lights on because I use my Surefires for regular flashlight duties.  I leave the mount on, though.

I've fired them with flashlights mounted and detached and I haven't noticed a significant difference in terms of accuracy.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:43:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I can shoot in my yard, but, for longer than 100 yards, I generally go to the farm ( one field we can shoot is about 800 yards, the other goes to 1500, but I don't shoot that far ) or go to a friend's place that we can get 400 yards. All of those are private places.

On the off chance that I go to a public range, I take my guns they way they are set up. I don't care what others think of me, not my guns, my clothes, my fat ass, or me, period. Life is easier if you don't give a shit. Live your life and do as you want.

OP, just do what you want to do if it works for you, and the hell with what a stranger that you'll never see again thinks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not an image thing. Or how I look...just if I know it won't be needed.why have it on.....I build and fix BMW race cars for a living so I guess it's just my mind set.....if it's not needed at the time it goes....
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:43:46 PM EDT
[#41]
by leaving the flashlight on my handgun, i got to find out if it was a piece of shit or not. cheap weapon lights suck

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:44:27 PM EDT
[#42]
No.

Fouling is easily removed with a cotton swab and a little solvent. How are you supposed to know whether or not your gun functions with a weapon light attached without shooting it with the light attached??? Not to mention having a consistent weight, recoil impulse, etc.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:44:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

This 110%. Who gives a fuck what anyone else thinks. Let them have a gun that malfunctions or shoots different with a light on or off.

J-
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:45:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chapstick on the lense before shooting.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:45:29 PM EDT
[#45]
My lights stay attached to the firearms they are mounted on 24/7 until it's time to swap batteries.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:45:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Seems pretty weak and pajama-boyish to worry about what other people think of what you've got on your guns.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:47:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vaseline.

You sir are a retard.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:47:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Always leave them on.  If the light is going to die chances are it will be because of recoil.  I want to know the lights I use can take it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:48:16 PM EDT
[#49]
rifle lights have always stayed on.  never had a pistol with rails until--literally--today (picked up my new CZ this afternoon).  it honestly hadn't occurred to me not to practice with the gun in its normal configuration, but i guess the fouling argument makes sense.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:50:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Tim. The OP is a troll and or idiot. Don't mind him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vaseline.

A thin coat on the lens protects it, it will still project light even, if diffused. Without the light attached my handgun fits like shit in my holster, I prefer to use my handgun as I carry it daily.

Tim. The OP is a troll and or idiot. Don't mind him.

Sooooo I'm an idiot because I don't see a need for a flashlight on a sunny afternoon at the range???
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top