Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/30/2001 9:52:08 PM EDT
WHEN THE DAY CAME by Carl Alexander There's a UN tank in our town parked on the Courthouse square... and a flag waves from the standpole, but the Stars & Stripes aren't there. Oh, where were you when that day came, the day they took away our guns? Where were you when the day came that made slaves, of our sons? A hundred dollar bounty turned most people into pawns... and by city, state & county lines thru names were drawn. No warning lamps lit steeples... No church bells rang, or pealed... They came by night with guns drawn, for those who would not yield. Oh, where were you when that day came, and brought shame to these shores? Where were you when the day came that made our daughters, whores? The few who fought were defeated. Killed, or jailed, or fled... and for every thousand people, only one lay dead. Now, there's a graveyard on a hillside, where they laid our bodies down... the last to fight for Freedom upon this hallowed ground. Oh, where were you when that day came, the day they took away our guns? Where were you when the day came that made slaves, of our sons? Oh, where were you when... the day came?
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 10:22:06 PM EDT
I think to honor this occasion I'll write a poem real quick: Jojo is soylent green By Jojo There's a UN tank in our town Parked in my backyard I tried to ignore it but it kept coming aroun' One day they came to my door Asking for my guns I told them sure but it made me very sore they came back the next week looking for more guns I gave them my daisy BB gun and a 1000 rounds .308 on link I was stopped on the street 'Vey is yur Paypez I answered oh so nicely Don't treat me like meat They took me in custody told me I should talk I ratted out my mother just don't kill me I was shipped by train to this nice factory I worked 28 hour days and ate rotten grain then the notice came the farms could not produce they needed volunteers to feed the lame I was feeling mean so I did not sign that was my mistake Jojo's soylent green Thank you! [):)] NSF
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 10:25:18 PM EDT
No offense JoJo but I think the occasion was already honored enough..............don't you?
Top Top