Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2001 6:28:21 PM EDT
I've observed the AR15.com site for a while and gleaned much information from you guys. After a two year savings and scraping program I got my first AR yesterday.

It is the Bushy 16" carbine with the ACOG TA01 on top. Actually the ACOG will be put on tomorrow as it had to be ordered. I took it out today and put some 200-250 rounds through it with only a minor jam. Got that cleared and am ready for tomorrow.

I saw the post earlier about the number of mags necessary and can understand the need to have many. I started my collection with one 10 round, one 20, ten 30 and two forty round mags. Am planning on getting 10-15 more 20 rounders and maybe a few more 30s.

Shooting the AR was fun and I look forward to lots of fun in the future. Will be continually checking the board for more helpful information.

Thanks to all who have shared some of their knowlede thus far.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 6:31:55 PM EDT
[#1]
welcome aboard[beer]

if those 40 rounders are not sterlings your best bet would be to get rid of them and get some more usgi 30 rounders
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 6:42:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Congratulations.  [sniper]
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 6:50:05 PM EDT
[#3]
NYShooter - As I am learning with this it is possible that the 40s will go by the wayside or at least see limited use. I really like the balance, feel and handling of the 20 rounders. Even more so than the 30s.

Any ideas on the best source for 20 rounders? I've seen lots of 30s but not much in the way of 20s.

I might also put a butt pad on the thing. Man, my shoulder is black & blue. Guess I was so excited about shooting the thing that I didn't bother with holding it in tight. :)

Link Posted: 4/24/2001 6:54:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome aboard...
...next you know you will buy ammo in 1000 round lots....spend your paycheck on accesories...and decide another upper or rifle is very necessary.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 10:52:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Welcome! May I suggest that you get a Beta C Mag for your Bushmaster to add to your collection.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 10:56:09 AM EDT
[#6]
welcome rajun,

I don't have all that much experience with rifles myself, I got started last year...everything is so damn spensive these days...I'm now learning about reloaders , etc.  You can learn alot here.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 11:03:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Welcome, enjoy what you have, you have earned it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 2:41:32 PM EDT
[#8]
ragincajun,

Glad you came aboard!  Congrats getting such a fine instrument like the Bushmaster AR.  Great place to relax and soak up the knowledge.  Catchy username!  I feel hungry for some reason.   [:D]

-RoadDog
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 2:56:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I have to disagree with whoever said the 40's arn't your jewels.  You need all sizes.  Go to gun shows and watch prices. I always grab any size if the price is right.  Besides, if war breaks out, which would you rather have, 40 or 20?  I'd take 40.

Buy your bulk ammo from Georgia Arms.  Make sure you get brass and not steel or alum so you can reload them.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 3:30:48 PM EDT
[#10]
forget what dear slayer is telling you about mags, as the only good 40rder's are the hard to find sterlings.

if your looking for 20rder's shop around on the exchange forum. you can find people like{ERIC} the ammoman & Georgia Precision  who both carry those mags in good shape. it's worth a look
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 3:30:53 PM EDT
[#11]
WELCOME newbier than me
good handle have a friend from la.
hes into drag racing and believe it or not the name of his charriot is you guessed it RAGIN CAJIN lol ar15s are funnnn [rocket]
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 4:12:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top