Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2004 2:35:35 PM EDT
I am trying to help my dad with his pc. The problem is he uses AOL for his internet service. When logged into AOL, he should be able to use Internet Explorer to access the internet, but it is not working. If you go to tools> internet options> connections, AOL is not listed as a connection. Is that the problem? If so, how do I fix it?  If not, what might the problem be?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:39:40 PM EDT
[#1]
If he is logged into AOL set internet explorer to never dial a connection.  You will need to connect via the AOL program but after that you can minimize the program and use internet explorer.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:13:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If he is logged into AOL set internet explorer to never dial a connection.  You will need to connect via the AOL program but after that you can minimize the program and use internet explorer.

Thanks, but that didn't do it.  Any other ideas out there?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:40:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Bump.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:43:24 PM EDT
[#4]

If I knew how to help I would, but.....What  I do know is that AOL SUCKS.....  

Good luck Bro...
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:43:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:47:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I am trying to help my dad with his pc. The problem is he uses AOL for his internet service. When logged into AOL, he should be able to use Internet Explorer to access the internet, but it is not working. If you go to tools> internet options> connections, AOL is not listed as a connection. Is that the problem? If so, how do I fix it?  If not, what might the problem be?  Thanks!

AOL is his web page, home page, not his connection. His connection is a modem or lan if he has cable.
In tools he uses AOL as his home page
his conections are in the control panel under network  conections.
Hope that helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top