Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2004 4:16:21 PM EDT
My apologies to Lumpy if some of these have been posted already!

www.jibberjabber.com/content/editorial/editart/072304front11.jpg" border=0>
www.jibberjabber.com/content/editorial/editart/072204front12.jpg" border=0>

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Already posted the Tom Selleck photos last month....
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:23:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool pics
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Already posted the Tom Selleck photos last month....

I was wondering who the hell that crusty guy in the funny helmet was!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:31:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Look at those grapes...you don't get grapes like that at the local super-market. But it wouldn't be worth joining the military just to get good grapes...(they wouldn't take me anyway..) they are grapes aren't they???

Awesome Photos! Thanks!

MT
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:38:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
www.armytimes.com/content/editorial/editart/081004front15.JPG

Look at those grapes...you don't get grapes like that at the local super-market. But it wouldn't be worth joining the military just to get good grapes...(they wouldn't take me anyway..) they are grapes aren't they???

Awesome Photos! Thanks!

MT

Yes, they are grapes. The caption said it is an Iraqi kid feeding an AF perimeter guard at the air base in Balad.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:02:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Yikes!  I wonder how that happened.  Don't see any obvious damage - maybe it fell off a HET.  Guess I'll have to check out the Army Times.

Dave
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:04:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Firing his Vulcan cannon!

WOOT!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.armytimes.com/content/editorial/editart/073004front1.JPG

Yikes!  I wonder how that happened.  Don't see any obvious damage - maybe it fell off a HET.  Guess I'll have to check out the Army Times.

Dave

All the caption said was that it was a rollover accident with no injuries. Since it's near a highway, I was kind of thinking the driver came down an off ramp a little too fast. How fast can those Bradleys go, anyway?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
All the caption said was that it was a rollover accident with no injuries. Since it's near a highway, I was kind of thinking the driver came down an off ramp a little too fast. How fast can those Bradleys go, anyway?

Flat out on a highway, he could have been going 40 or 45 mph - they're as fast as a tank (they were designed to be so they could operate together), but not as stable.  I think it's possible that they could have made a wide turn, run off the edge, and buried the outside track in the soft shoulder, causing it to tip over, but it's hard to imagine.  If the shoulder was a couple feet lower, it would be easier to envision, but that must be what happened.

I'll have to show the picture to some of the other mech guys around the office and see what they think.

Thanks for posting the pictures!

Dave
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top