User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2002 8:48:57 PM EDT
Found this over at Ordwire.net

785)      
Brenda Lott  
[email protected]
 10-30-2002 11:58 AM    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After reading through many of the posted messages on this site, I think that we should have a national holiday for Paul Wellstone. He was an amazing person, he made this world a better place to live, and he should be remembered forever; as well as having his work continued through everyone.
A national holiday for Paul should be a day where kids in school can learn about Paul, his work, and learn how to get involved to make a difference. It could also be a day for all people to review how they are involved with the issues that are most important to them, and find new ways to continue Paul's hard work. Through a national holiday for Paul, we can ensure that future generations a 100+ years from now will learn about how Paul changed the world for the better. I think that David and Mark (Wellstone's sons) should be the people to choose the date for the holiday.

We will never forget you Paul. Thank you for all the years of hard work that you did for us.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 8:58:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 8:59:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Not to be disrespectful, but if he were as great a person as she seems to think he was, why have I never heard of him? At least until he died that is.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 9:03:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 9:32:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Didn't they already try that for other people?

Hmmm...[>:/]
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 9:39:29 PM EDT
[#5]
She's only posting that drivel cause she cant say this:

"After reading through many of the posted messages on this site, I think that we should have a national holiday for [b]Josef Stalin[/b]. He was an amazing person, he made this world a better place to live, and he should be remembered forever; as well as having his work continued through everyone.
A national holiday for [b]Stalin[/b] should be a day where kids in school can learn about [b]Stalin[/b], his work, and learn how to get involved to make a difference. It could also be a day for all people to review how they are involved with the issues that are most important to them, and find new ways to continue [b]Stalin's[/b] hard work. Through a national holiday for [b]Stalin[/b], we can ensure that future generations a 100+ years from now will learn about how [b]Stalin[/b] changed the world for the better. I think that Jim, Carl and Bill (Stalins sons) should be the people to choose the date for the holiday.

We will never forget you [b]Stalin[/b]. Thank you for all the years of hard work that you did for us.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 9:41:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Like I stated earlier in the thread posted the day he died; the man was the most anti-American, anti-freedom senator in modern history. Couldn't stand the man.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 9:42:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He's a Democrat, that's why.
Not many Democrats know who Ron Paul is, either.
I sure do, because he is my rep!
View Quote

I wish Ron Paul was my rep. [:(]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top