Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2004 7:00:26 PM EDT
Hello AR guys. I'm a regular poster over at SigForum.com and I posted this over there. I think this represents an opportunity to drive a stake into the Gungrabber's hearts and set them back for a long time to come:

I wanted to bring to your attention the fact that two of the nation's most pro-gun and conservative states are electing Senators this November.

Unfortunately, these states, which overwhelmingly vote in favor of Republican presidents and poll in favor of gun rights send 4 left of center Democrats to Washington every year.

Many don't know that the Dakotas are sort of the "free state project" in reverse - that is to say, rather than ideologically motivated people moving to the Dakotas to elect like-minded Representatives and Senators, the National Democratic party sends money to the campaigns of Tom Daschle (SD) and Byron Dorgan (ND). It is estimated that a few hundred thousand dollars in both states would turn the tide and familiarize the residents of these states with candidates that reflect their values.

Former SD representative John Thune is running this November to challenge Tom Daschle, and ND Lawyer/Businessman Mike Liffrig is running to unseat Byron Dorgan (who apparently votes over 90% with John Kerry). Daschle and Dorgan have established careers as anti-gunners and both opposed legislation that would prevent plaintiff's attorneys from bankrupting the Firearms manufacturers.

Thune and Liffrig have established positions as pro-gun and pro-freedom, and deserve our help to maintain our Second Amendment rights. Please donate, if only a small sum, to their respective campaigns and post these websites on other gun boards to which you belong:

www.johnthune.com

www.mike4senate.com

I would like to see the online Gun community mobilize for these fine, pro-gun men. I think if the thousands of gun-board posters sent contributions with notes indicating that our support is because of their pro-gun principles, 2 good pro-gun Senators would do a lot not only to preserve the gain of September 14, but to further expand the rights of gun owners and turn back the Feinsteins, Schumers, and Hillarys.

I reiterate:

WE ONLINE GUNOWNERS HAVE THE POWER TO ELECT TWO VERY PRO-GUN SENATORS WITH A FEW DOLLARS A PIECE - TWO MEN WHO WILL MAKE SURE THAT 1994 NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN. MAKE NO MISTAKE, THE GUNGRABBERS ARE DRAFTING MODEL LEGISLATION THAT WILL BE EVEN MORE RESTRICTIVE THAN THE 1994 LAW. FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS AND THE RIGHTS OF YOUR SONS AND GRANDSONS!

Thank You, Fellow Patriots  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:12:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Made a donation to Thune and got a nice reply. It would be awesome to see Daschle unemployed.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:23:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Outstanding!

I absolutely hate the attitude taken by fellow gunowners : "Buy all you can now before the next Ban."

Now's the time.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:30:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Done. One more ARFCOM'r... step up to the plate, please.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:30:41 PM EDT
[#5]
cool
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:25:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Big bump for helping pro-gun candidates.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:49:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Already donated to several of the candidates listed in this thread and it was well worth it. If the ban isn't renewed for two more years, prices will drop even further once the current feeding frenzy of pent up demand subsides.

Investing $50 now will save me $100 or more later on down the road. If these Senators get elected I can buy when I choose instead of going into debt, paying interest and buying at high-demand prices right now.

Thune is within the margin of error in all polls and has even pulled ahead of Daschle in some and this despite the fact that Daschle set a new record for per-capita spending in a Senate campaign. With more than five months to go until the election, Daschle had already spent more than $8.3 million - that is $1.3 million more than the entire campaign warchest of heavy-duty lefty incumbents like Boxer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top