Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 5:40:57 PM EDT
Anyone watching this on TNT or see if before.

This is the first time I have seen it and it's pretty good so far. I didn't realize there were so many top bill actors in it... thought I guess when it was made a lot of them were still getting their names noticed. It's also kinda cool seein some of them who have been in other movies together.

Always raises some pretty hard issues. Racism, death penalty, how jacked up the court systems are from state to state.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:50:08 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a pretty good flick.

SPOILER:

"Yes they deserved to die and I hope they burn in Hell!!"
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:50:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Good movie. No, strike that, its a fucking awesome movie.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:51:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Good movie
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:54:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Isn't that based off of a John Grisham novel?

John Grisham's writing is fascinatingly boring.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:57:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes its a very good movie.  It was my favorite for a while when it came a number of years ago.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:58:24 PM EDT
[#6]
My favorite movie based upon a Grisham book is "The Rainmaker".  "The Firm" sucked, IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:59:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yes, and no. I like his writing. Of course, I read Clavell and Michner.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:18:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I have never read one of his books, but most of the movies adapted from his books have turned out to be pretty entertaining. The Firm was ok, if not a little ridiculous.

Someo f the stuff in this movie is turning out to be a little butty too... like the extremes that the KKK guys are willing to go to... I just to got to the part where they're snatched Sandra Bullock... Damn she's hot...
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jesus, what do you read at bedtime?  Michener could bore the balls off a brass monkey.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:23:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jesus, what do you read at bedtime?  Michener could bore the balls off a brass monkey.

A combination of John Grisham, P.J. O'Rourke, and Melatonin are what let me get to sleep at night.

I never said he was useless, just boring.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:23:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

T to K was his first and a good one. It got him the deal that wrought all the boring stuff
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:24:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TM 9-1005-319-23&P
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TM 9-1005-319-23&P

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:37:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

This is the first time I have seen it and it's pretty good so far. I didn't realize there were so many top bill actors in it... thought I guess when it was made a lot of them were still getting their names noticed. It's also kinda cool seein some of them who have been in other movies together.

Always raises some pretty hard issues. Racism, death penalty, how jacked up the court systems are from state to state.

The book was much better, but it WAS a good movie...
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:48:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The book was much better, but it WAS a good movie...

Finally, someone who likes his books!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:49:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
TM 9-1005-319-23&P

I love that book... Ups and downs, action, romance, mystery, and a surprise ending... it's got it all.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:58:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Great movie, Ashley Judd and Sondra Bullock yumm.  The Runaway Jury would have been better if the DUMB FUCKS didn't turn the tobacco companies into the gun companies.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:58:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
"Yes they deserved to die and I hope they burn in Hell!!"

Yeah whenever I think of that movie thats the first line that I think of, best line in the whole movie.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:00:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I actually read the book "A Time to Kill" before I saw the movie...I liked them both...
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:14:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Great flick.

Awesome acting.

TXL
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:38:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Really good flick.  Great acting and an emotional story.  On a different note they just had to put the holywood full auto in there when he uses an m16 to shoot the rapists.  Or maybe a converted SP1, I noticed it had the large screw type pivot pin when they showed the closeup of the weapon during the trial.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#22]
very good movie.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:47:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Excellent. S.L.Jackson is amazing....I am watching it now
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:54:53 PM EDT
[#24]
excellent movie

***1/2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top