Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2004 8:47:47 PM EDT
So I hired a black guy recently (this is important information for the rest of the story)

We were working one day, within his first week, and conversating about general B.S.

We were talking about gardening, and I was telling him about how good my home made salsa was.

His response was "Damn man, you're a regular Betty Cracker!"

I laughed outloud, and asked "What?"

He said again "Damn man, you're a regular Betty Cracker".

I was still laughing at this point, as was he, when I asked again (because I still wasn't sure I heard correctly).

This time he spoke a little louder, and I was able to make out.....

..." I Said, damn you're a regular Betty Crocker!"

I'm still not happy about being referred to as Betty Crocker.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:59:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Should have said:

Fo shizzle my nizzle.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:11:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Should have said:

Fo shizzle my nizzle.

word.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:16:07 PM EDT
[#3]
That is some funny shit.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:46:37 PM EDT
[#4]
$10 says he called you craker and than thought you where going to klan out and fire him so he changed it to crocker .
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:48:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I got $20 on that.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:48:44 PM EDT
[#6]
At work all the black dudes shake my hand while saying "my nigga whats up".  Apparently they consider me one of their own even though I don't dress gangsta.  I don't mind it, but it does get weird when they call other white coworkers "crackers", yet refer to me as "my brotha".  I guess I'm pretty fly for a white guy...somehow...

Edited to add: I hope the term "Nigga" doesn't offend a moderator, I'm just saying what black coworkers have called me.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:54:15 PM EDT
[#7]
When I was a supervisor doing private security in my college days I used to set up initial interviews and stuff for new applicants.  The company I worked for had this gay questionnaire asking what if questions in certain scenarios.  

One of the questions asked that if you were at work and a lady came up to you and started flirting with you and told you she was married would you take her out?  His answer was hell yeah.

Another question asked that if you were out on a date with that same woman and her husband came up to you being very loud and yelling at you what would you do.  He said something to the effect of he'd tell the guy to get out of his face and if he didn't then he'd "whoop em with his maglite."
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:50:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
When I was a supervisor doing private security in my college days I used to set up initial interviews and stuff for new applicants.  The company I worked for had this gay questionnaire asking what if questions in certain scenarios.  

One of the questions asked that if you were at work and a lady came up to you and started flirting with you and told you she was married would you take her out?  His answer was hell yeah.

Another question asked that if you were out on a date with that same woman and her husband came up to you being very loud and yelling at you what would you do.  He said something to the effect of he'd tell the guy to get out of his face and if he didn't then he'd "whoop em with his maglite."

Where did that come from?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:53:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:54:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Who you callin cracker?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:54:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

was that the wrong answer?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:58:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:51:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Is there any white person anywhere who is actually offended by being referred to as a "cracker?" I mean, for pete's sake, it's slang for "white person," and I am pretty much OK with people knowing that I'm white.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:54:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like he is trying to make you his bitch.  Do you own an apron?

SGtar15
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:59:15 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't mind cracker, but I'd rather be called peckerwood.    
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:01:13 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Is there any white person anywhere who is actually offended by being referred to as a "cracker?" I mean, for pete's sake, it's slang for "white person," and I am pretty much OK with people knowing that I'm white.

By that mindset Nigger should be ok.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:06:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I am currently involved in a civil hate crime law suit against my local supermarket.  I complained to the manager, who was black, that he had a Mexican isle for the mexican food and a "ethnic foods" isle for oreintal food but didn't have any isle for white people.  

He got really close to me, pointed at isle 18 and yelled:  "Sure we do Honky, isle 18 is full of crackers"

It was rather disturbing.  I am asking for $500k in reperations from Safeway.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:16:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
At work all the black dudes shake my hand while saying "my nigga whats up".  Apparently they consider me one of their own even though I don't dress gangsta.  I don't mind it, but it does get weird when they call other white coworkers "crackers", yet refer to me as "my brotha".  I guess I'm pretty fly for a white guy...somehow...

Edited to add: I hope the term "Nigga" doesn't offend a moderator, I'm just saying what black coworkers have called me.

Never
Ignorant
Getting
Goals
Accomplished

That was a TuPac thing(forget which album he says it on). Take it how ya want. A lot of the black people I know are the same way with me that your co-workers are with you.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:28:33 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I am currently involved in a civil hate crime law suit against my local supermarket.  I complained to the manager, who was black, that he had a Mexican isle for the mexican food and a "ethnic foods" isle for oreintal food but didn't have any isle for white people.  

He got really close to me, pointed at isle 18 and yelled:  "Sure we do Honky, isle 18 is full of crackers"

Sgtar15

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:08:06 AM EDT
[#20]
http://www.crackeringenuity.com/
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:22:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Time to drag out the niggardly comment, next time he acts cheap or doesn't have any cash.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:31:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:42:59 AM EDT
[#23]
I wonder what would have happened if you had made  a similiar comment towards him? My guess is that you would sued in no time.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:59:16 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Nice play on words if that is how he meant it. You may have hired a winner.
If he said "Cracker" believing it was the correct word the case may be different.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:12:27 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice play on words if that is how he meant it. You may have hired a winner.
If he said "Cracker" believing it was the correct word the case may be different.

No, you guys will have to trust me on this, that's not what he said. He worked for somebody I know before comming to work for me, so I know the kind of guy that he is.

Though like I said, it wouldn't have bothered me if he had. I just don't offend very easy.

I told him about what I thought he said, and we both had a pretty good laugh about it.

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:20:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Reminds me of a joke. Can anyone guess the answer to this one?

What do you call a trailer full of white people?

(answer to be posted shortly)
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Damn, can't we all just get along?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:44:58 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

We were working one day, within his first week, and conversating about general B.S.

There was a hillbilly on the internet from Missouri telling a story about conversing with someone but used conversating instead.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:55:03 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

no takers on this one?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

no takers on this one?

I'm curious...  
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:21:22 PM EDT
[#31]
box of crackers - what else?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:40:24 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
So I hired a black guy recently (this is important information for the rest of the story)

We were talking about gardening, and I was telling him about how good my home made salsa was.

If you are going to brag about your salsa, you had better be able to back it up with a recipe.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:38:39 AM EDT
[#33]
I would not mind being called Cracker, but I don't want to be called Betty.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:45:55 AM EDT
[#34]
I was the manager once and had all black employees, I had to constantly remind them about the n word. They told me we don't mind the word nigger cuz we is all niggers except you the only cracker. Does the word nigger offend you? I said well company policy says it is harrassment, they said who we harrassin we is the niggers.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:55:07 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgtar15

bahahaha....thats the funniest $#%* ive read all day....
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:47:41 PM EDT
[#36]
www.scotshistoryonline.co.uk/rednecks/rednecks.html

How to tell if you are really descended from Red Necks, Hill Billys or Crackers.  And if you are, next time, thank them for the compliment.  And if you aren't , well,  that's too bad.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top