Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2005 7:01:52 PM EDT
Could you guys please help us get some willpower for baby BRF.

He had a very bad stomach virus and had a severe fever, diarrhea and vomitting and got completely dehydrated.  While BRF and I were at Camden Jacob got sick and we were a 7 1/2 hour drive away.  The day we were on the way home, (Sunday) his eyes got sunken in and blackened underneath and he got very pale and skinny looking.  From Thursday at the doctor to Sunday in the ER he went from 18 3/4lbs to 17lbs 11oz.  

He is still in the hospital as of right now and it is looking like he may be able to come home Tuesday afternoon. His electrolytes and all are back up and we're hoping for him to hold down some formula.  Please help us get him home tomorrow.  Thanks in advance.  

The BRF's
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:05:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish you guys and gals the best.

"Love comforteth like sunshine after rain."

- William Shakespeare

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:08:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I am with you. Best of luck. m-dc
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:27:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Prayers sent for baby BRF's speedy and full recovery!
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:02:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Prayers are sent for the little guy.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:05:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Many prayers and hugs for little baby BRF (and you two as well!).  
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:24:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Make some Pedialyte popsicles when he gets home.  Sometimes even when they won't take a bottle and get fluids they'll at least suck on a popsicle.  Every little bit of fluid will help.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 12:13:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Lots of prayers and good thoughts your way.

I know I'm a bit late, but all my hopes for the best for all of you.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 1:57:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Prayers sent for the little man.
My kids never liked the pedialite. Got 'em to drink water and gatoraid. It is the toughest thing in the world to see your kids suffer.  Hope Jacob gets well soon.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 2:08:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Prayers sent for both his full recovery and good health - and for your sanity through all this!

I just got over a really bad case of the flu and my primary concern the entire time was staying away from "Junior" and the missus and making sure neither of them got it.  My self-imposed exile (to the playroom and one guest bedroom) was no fun, but seemed to work.

Take care of the little one (and yourselves!) and let us know when he gets to come home!  Gob bless you all!
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:22:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Posted in GD.

Guys I don't have time to read through all the replys right now but I am home now with Baby BRF.  I am outside the hospital for the first time since sunday night.  Rough few days and I am tired.  But Jacob is better now and we can hope he continues to do well.  Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:58:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Posted in GD.

Guys I don't have time to read through all the replys right now but I am home now with Baby BRF.  I am outside the hospital for the first time since sunday night.  Rough few days and I am tired.  But Jacob is better now and we can hope he continues to do well.  Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes.

I am glad to hear things turned out ok. Keep us posted!
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:03:03 AM EDT
[#12]
That's good to hear BRF.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top