Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2001 2:57:54 PM EDT
Just got off the phone with the DOJ.  Question was where the heck were my registration papers. Lady I talked to said I should have mine back in about 3 weeks...sent them in on the last day possible, Jan. 23.

She also mentioned that they have about 9000 applications with "problems" of one kind or another.  She estimated those should be done by early fall, assuming "problems are worked out.

Should not have moved from TX, but had to.

Hanko     [pissed]

Link Posted: 6/7/2001 3:11:10 PM EDT
[#1]
why did you have to move th prk??
if i were you i would bugout.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 2:52:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I heard that there was an eXtension for AK and AR types.

So I have to ask myself.

Why the eXtension for those two types?

Will they be the first two to be declared illegal in Ca?  
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 5:42:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I sent mine end of Dec., just received it in the mail.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 7:35:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I heard that there was an eXtension for AK and AR types.

So I have to ask myself.

Why the eXtension for those two types?

Will they be the first two to be declared illegal in Ca?  
View Quote

The extension had to do with a CA Supreme Court ruling on the 89 Roberti-Roos law.  Due to the date that the decision was made, the deadline was extended.

I wondered whether they'd pull that same crap as with the SKS's, but since the decisions were made PRIOR to the effective date of the ban, rather than after like the SKS rules, it should be a mute issue.  Of course, you can't trust them.

I sent my FAX notice in on the 23rd as well, which extended my registration period until Febuary 6th, and I overnighted mine in on the 5th. I knew that waiting until the very last moment would cause a deay, and I have yet to see my paperwork either.  I seem to recall that they have a limited time (like 90-120) to process it, but I am beyond that now...  So what penalties will they incur as a result...  Probably NONE.  Had my stuff been late, I would have forfieted the right to possess a "Defined" AW here in the PRK.  Just don't seem right...

The last laugh will be on me though, I am moving soon, and when they DO come (and they will) to take my guns, I won't be here...

I am sure the AG's propaganda machine will be working overtime, trying to convince everyone they don't want our guns.  They received a very small percentage of registrations, but it'll probably be "Praised" on the success of the program, much like the SKS debacle.

I know one guy who got a letter from the DOJ saying he failed to register something.  He notified them it was no longer within he State Boundaries, and questioned HOW they knew.  

I doubt anyone would be surprised that they have already create a registration list of sorts from the DROS info, cross referrencing the Make/Caliber & Serials, so they already know who has what, the actual registration was simply a formality to allow them an excuse for actually having the info in the first place.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 7:53:27 AM EDT
[#5]
>the_survivalist
why did you have to move th prk??
if i were you i would bugout.  

3 reasons...

I need to be a lot closer to aging parents,

4 grandkids I like to see as often as I can,

A house that needs to be lived in for the next
2 out of 5 years so I can sell it & get the hell out.

OK??

Hanko   [D:]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 8:18:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I called them about 3 weeks ago to inquire; lady told me I would be receiving a 'confirmation notice' soon. Received confirmation notice about a week later (listing all sinister and ominous weapons); since then I haven't heard $hit.
Does anyone know if 'assault weapons' are allowed in National Forests, i.e. the Stanislaus National Forest??? Going camping there soon.
Thanks
SC
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 8:49:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I mailed mine in on 1/20/01 just got my confirmation letter back Last week.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 9:21:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Salt Creek

[url]www.hangtown.com/rodandgun/plink.html[/url]
[url]www.r5.fs.fed.us/stanislaus/visitor/firearms.htm[/url]

Firearms Use...

Practice safe firearms use while on the Stanislaus National Forest:

Stay more than 150 yards from any campground, building or other occupied area before shooting.

Aim away from other people, campsites, campgrounds, houses or other buildings.

Ensure that animals, plants and other forest resources will not be injured or damaged.

Trees, signs, glass bottles, and clay pigeons are never appropriate targets.

Have a solid dirt backstop; see the entire path of your bullet; ensure that no objects that could cause
                                     a ricochet are within your line of fire.

Be off roads and trails when you shoot, and aim away from lakes, ponds and streams.

Retrieve all shell casings and targets before leaving.

While the Stanislaus National Forest does not have any area set aside for target shooting, some
                                     Forest visitors have found that certain areas are more desirable for firearms use than others. Contact
                                     the nearest Ranger Station for information on such places.

Link Posted: 6/8/2001 9:29:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Mailed 12/26/00
DOJ rec'd 1/3/01
DOJ cashed check 3/21/01
3 Emails later and it's always the same answer,"in about 3 weeks..."

Still waiting

UPDATE:  Received paperwork on 6/16/01.  Just shy of 6 months since I mailed it in...
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Hey nightstalker:
I followed the link you provided.  It stated the following:
A reminder: we can use legally Roberti-Roos (and now AB23) registered "Assault Weapons" in all 17 National Forests in California. (This is important as you must be on your way to a location where they are legal to use to even transport it. All such guns must be transported in a locked container, just as you must transport a handgun). There is a letter from the USFS you should have in your possession whenever you go there with an "AW."
View Quote

Anybody know where I can get a copy of this letter?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top