BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2002 11:30:15 AM EDT
eh?
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 11:44:26 AM EDT
[#1]
No.

It is a completely different law that was promised by the republicans as being "temporary".  It's only been about 17 years since the import ban was enacted. Maybe in another 40 years the chances will be good.

Link Posted: 10/1/2002 12:16:23 PM EDT
[#2]
True... a lot of the 'fun' imports were cut off in '89, although US parts-kit AK's, G3's, etc... are still readily available.  What really sucks to me is that we can't get Norinco 1911's, M14's, and other Chinese goodies because of a Klinton executive order.  Good luck reversing that one.
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 12:19:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
True... a lot of the 'fun' imports were cut off in '89, although US parts-kit AK's, G3's, etc... are still readily available.  What really sucks to me is that we can't get Norinco 1911's, M14's, and other Chinese goodies because of a Klinton executive order.  Good luck reversing that one.
View Quote

Fuck the Chinese, I'm glad THEIR stuff is being kept out.  It'd be worse than dealing with Hesse when something goes wrong.
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 12:22:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeap. The '89 import ban was a Bush 41/ Bennett Presidential Directive. But what you do have to look forward to with the ending of the Brady '94 ban is cheaper/ more plentiful hi-cap mags, FH's, collapse-able stocks, ect... . Don't forget to VOTE in November!!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 12:26:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Fuck the Chinese, I'm glad THEIR stuff is being kept out. It'd be worse than dealing with Hesse when something goes wrong.
View Quote

Norinco makes excellent M14 mags.
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 12:49:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Chinese copy of the Ithaca 37 shotgun.  The stock is fair-to-passable, and it runs perfectly fine after I spent a few dollars to replace the magazine spring.  For the deal I got on it, I can live with that.  Besides, customer service is usually with the importer, not Beijing.  ;)
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 1:01:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Fuck the Chinese, I'm glad THEIR stuff is being kept out.  It'd be worse than dealing with Hesse when something goes wrong.
View Quote

DAMN RIGHT !!!!   DON'T SUPPORT [red]RED CHINA[/red] !!!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 1:11:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't tell me someone actually thinks the AW ban will sunset.
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 2:11:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I do, remember that it only passed by one vote, and that was in a Democratically Controlled Congress.

REMEMBER TO VOTE!!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 4:36:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I want a Steyer AUG (not SPR) under $2,000.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 8:01:11 PM EDT
[#11]
yeah we may not have Norinco but we also dont have real H&K rifles instead we get the PC USC, Augs (why doesnt someone clone this stateside?) and a host of other really cool firearms.
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 8:02:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I do, remember that it only passed by one vote, and that was in a Democratically Controlled Congress.

View Quote
and the also lost alot of seats becouse of it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 8:18:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Anybody have one of those Norinco hammer-pump 12 gauges?  The one I saw at a gun show looked pretty good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top