Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2003 10:38:52 PM EDT
Hey all.  I am very sorry if this has already been posted, but I can't find anything, so here goes....

I was watching the news, and the anchor said that the Republican Congress has said that they will not field any legislation regarding renewing the AWB, thus making it unnecessary for Bush to sign the extension bill, and that they will not field any legislation that mirrors the AWB to take over after this one ends.  I don't want to get my hopes up too soon, but could this really mean the end of this ridiculous law???

Also, it was reported that even some of the democrats have said that they will not push to have the legislation fielded, presumably out of fear of the wrath of their gun owning constituents.  Could it really be over?  Could it?  

Hmm.....I wonder what I will buy first.....better start saving now... [:)]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:51:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup already been posted. But dont stop calling your reps, it aint over till its over.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:03:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't take anything for granted only hope and call your reps.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:03:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Shit I forgot send e-mails also.[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top