Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 4:37:55 PM EDT
OK, I have been away from this world for a while but I read an article today stating that the AWB was not going to be renewed.  I have tried to read some of the posts here but I kept getting sidetracked.  

So I am asking for people's opinions.

I think this means we will be able to buy Hi-cap pistols and magazines.  Is that true?

Will I be able to buy a semi-auto MP5?

Will foreign manufacturers start selling here and if so is there any news as to when?  I want a Steyr AUG.  

How do you feel this will affect prices?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:01:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
OK, I have been away from this world for a while but I read an article today stating that the AWB was not going to be renewed.  I have tried to read some of the posts here but I kept getting sidetracked.  

So I am asking for people's opinions.

I think this means we will be able to buy Hi-cap pistols and magazines.  Is that true?
Yes, if you are in a free state
Will I be able to buy a semi-auto MP5?
Nope, banned from importation in 1989.
Will foreign manufacturers start selling here and if so is there any news as to when?  I want a Steyr AUG.  
Only if it meets the "sporting" definition according to '89
How do you feel this will affect prices?
No such thing as pre-ban and post-ban according to Fed. laws, so the prices will be the same as new ones.
Thanks!

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:10:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the answers.  I am pretty interested to see how this all plays out.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top