Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2003 5:45:26 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/10/2003 6:51:33 AM EST by fizassist]
I sent it in with my Form 1 for making a suppressor on 10 December, but I guess the mail to DC is sloooooow. Anyway, I'm being optimistic and hoping that it will be back within a month (corporate application). Am I being realistic? That means I have to get serious with the design. I want to make a 9mm/30 cal can. I won't be using it on full-powered .308 or anything, just on my .300 whisper upper. I'm leaning toward 1/2x28 threads because that's what my Glock 19 has, but I've also heard that might be too small for a 30 cal bbl. Any thoughts? I figure with 1/2x28, I can also use it on my AR with a .22 kit. (I put all three calibers on the application.) I'm also debating about how much work to contract out to a competent machinist. I definitely don't trust myself with threading on a lathe. Does anybody know where to buy tubes which are a good start on a suppressor? I'm thinking aluminum, is that strong enough? I don't think anybody sells "80% suppressors", but does anyone have any leads on something similar? I'm going to try to adapt my reloading press to make conical washers. I figure I can make some dies for that on a lathe. Am I crazy? Well, that's a big question...does it sound do-able? TIA, fiz
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 6:36:10 AM EST
Congratulations. I know what it's like waiting for that stamp. Intersting title: ATF, suppressor, and cache.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 6:48:43 AM EST
Don't say ATF and cache in the same sentence, you'll summon the beast! You'll burn for it, you will!
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 6:51:57 AM EST
Originally Posted By Hercules2400: Intersting title: ATF, suppressor, and [red]cache[/red].
View Quote
Hehehe...that is a funny title. [:D] No double entendre; I'll fix it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 7:04:36 AM EST
Is it possible that they cashed your check and will then let you know that your request is denied. Sorry, for being a piss_imist but these guys have been rumored to screw a guy or two in the past.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 7:18:48 AM EST
Originally Posted By levi: Is it possible that they cashed your check and will then let you know that your request is denied. Sorry, for being a piss_imist but these guys have been rumored to screw a guy or two in the past.
View Quote
Since this is a corporate approval, there's no background check to fail. (Not that I would!) Since my corporation is completely legit, I don't see any way they could deny me. I'm going the corporate route because the CLEOs around [s]suck[/s]won't sign for suppressors.
Top Top