BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2012 4:43:00 AM EDT

Now the wait.

It's for my first suppressor.  Kestrel .22
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 4:43:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope you're ready for the longest 6-months of you life.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 4:44:07 AM EDT
[#2]
They are running so far behind. Took almost 6 months for my Serbu Super Shorty
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 4:44:52 AM EDT
[#3]
The one thing the ATF doesn't take their time on is cashing the check!

Six long months, brother. Congrats!
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 4:45:09 AM EDT
[#4]
You will have forgotten about it by the time it shows up.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 4:55:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Lol! been hearing that a lot lately.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 4:58:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Now the wait.

Yep, don't make lunch plans...

p
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 5:00:10 AM EDT
[#7]
It's taking a while to even go pending right now.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 5:03:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I need to get my CLEO signature and send in my paperwork for my new 22lr SS Sparrow Suppressor.

At least I already have two other 22lr suppressors to hold me over until my wait is over.

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 5:04:33 AM EDT
[#9]
The 6-month wait you've been told lately is, well like so 3 months ago.... figure an easy 7+ month wait for your current can
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 5:06:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I hear this a lot. Every stamp that I've gotten I've been waiting on. I've also heard that playing the NFA game long enough will teach you patience. That has yet to happen as well...I am not a patient person.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 5:11:53 AM EDT
[#11]
7 years ago, my 1st M16 took 16 months...
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:35:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I need to get my CLEO signature and send in my paperwork for my new 22lr SS Sparrow Suppressor.

At least I already have two other 22lr suppressors to hold me over until my wait is over.

I was going to get a Sparrow, but this can was a bit cheaper and had what I needed.  And it was in stock at the fun shop.

I went trust, so I bypass the CLEO.

The first is always the funnest.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:43:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:48:24 AM EDT
[#14]
k
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:51:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was going to get a Sparrow, but this can was a bit cheaper and had what I needed.  And it was in stock at the fun shop.

Are trusts state specific?  How long did that take and what did it cost you?
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:55:15 AM EDT
[#16]
they cashed my check in sept.  no form4 yet
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:56:09 AM EDT
[#17]

A co-trustee of mine sent his form in for a 'AOW' 8 months ago.

Tick, tock....tick, tock....
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:59:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know if they're state specific.

I used a locally recommended lawyer who is familiar with firearms law.  We handled the whole process via email and a few phone calls.  It took about a month from start to finish.

As far as cost, believe it or not, the lawyer the drew mine up REQUIRED a nondisclosure agreement.  I am not allowed to say how much it cost me.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 8:02:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol! been hearing that a lot lately.

They cashed my check 3.5 months ago.  If you guys would stop talking about it, I could forget about it.

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 8:10:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This is just a lie we tell ourselves to help ease the pain
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 8:21:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know if they're state specific.

I used a locally recommended lawyer who is familiar with firearms law.  We handled the whole process via email and a few phone calls.  It took about a month from start to finish.

As far as cost, believe it or not, the lawyer the drew mine up REQUIRED a nondisclosure agreement.  I am not allowed to say how much it cost me.

A month? Your trust must have been pretty complicated. My lawyer took less than a day to send me my completed trust after a 10 minute phone conversation. He specializes in NFA trusts so I think he just filled in the blanks of a document he has already created. Basically all he asked was:
1. What do you want to call your trust?
2. Who do you want listed in the trust in addition to you?
3. Who is the beneficiary of the trust?
4. What county are you in?
5. What is your mailing address?
6. What is your email address?

The trust was in my inbox by the end of the day. I took it to get it notarized the next morning and my Form 1's were dropped in the mail the same day.

My plan is to only have a few SBRs and suppressors in the trust so I did not have much concern with the trust details. If I owned or planned on owning $100k+ in machine-guns, then I would design the trust more carefully.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 8:26:14 AM EDT
[#22]
I just sent in the package on another can yesterday. Osprey for Christmas for this kid.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 8:47:50 AM EDT
[#23]
I wish I could ignore the Class 3 section of ARFCOM and just un-ignore when all 5 of my stamps get in... Reading these threads every day makes the wait that much worse.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top