Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2006 6:38:12 PM EDT
I want to start selling gun parts & kits, maybe 80% receivers, magazines, all parts less the stripped receiver.

Is there any reason ATF would be involved?

The reason I wunder is because I know they controll AK parts kits, to some extent. If I sold stuff like Model 1 Sales and/or Tannery Shop sell, would I need a license from ATF at all?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:17:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Google "Maadi Griffin Robert Stewart BATF" for an interesting account of someone who sold kits which were in contention with the ATF.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:47:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Google "Maadi Griffin Robert Stewart BATF" for an interesting account of someone who sold kits which were in contention with the ATF.

Very interesting.
I guess I should sell/ship 80% receivers seperate from PKs?

All I'll sell is shit I buy from other peoples, not something I designed without BATF&E TB approval.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:56:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Wait Wait Wait. So BATF had an illegally modified Ar15 and brought it to him to fix and then arrested him when he worked on it? Goddamn. Talk about bullshit.

There should be no problem with it, as long as the ATF has assigned the receivers as 80%. If you don't send a letter in to them for classification, Im sure they will try to get you
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:41:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Wait Wait Wait. So BATF had an illegally modified Ar15 and brought it to him to fix and then arrested him when he worked on it? Goddamn. Talk about bullshit.

There should be no problem with it, as long as the ATF has assigned the receivers as 80%. If you don't send a letter in to them for classification, Im sure they will try to get you

I was kinda worried about that, but I'm only going to resell stuff I buy from Tannery Shop, or simmular out fit, I hope they allready have a TB letter on the shit.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:21:32 AM EDT
[#5]
You will be fine if you are just reselling stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top