Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2001 4:57:25 PM EDT
I recently put a USP on one of the gun sites for sale.  I think I have had some undercover cops or ATF's call me.  They wanted to know if I would ship the pistol to them in VA without using a FFL.  I said NO and quickly ended the conversation.  Then about 2 days lated I had a call wanting me to give out the Serial #.  This pissed me off and I  let the guy know this.  He got the point and he hung up the phone! [:)] I wonder if this goes on alot?  I could almost be willing to bet these guys were LEO.  
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#1]
So, what is the serial number of the gun? the suspense is killing me.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 5:06:20 PM EDT
[#2]
... I dunno, but it would sure be embarrasing for an "agent" to perform such trivial work. I cannot see him/her going home after a day in the office really feeling like they contributed to the cause.

Seems there are bigger fish to fry. But hey, you never know he could be a rookie being put up to the stunt by the seasoned vets.

Or they could really be that stupid.

Oh well, looks like AG John Ashcroft is gonna clip their wings and liquidate the organization real soon anyway.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 5:09:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 5:12:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I have met some very dumb LEO officers in my time! I would go as far to say the were just stupid.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 5:48:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I posted a pistol on here recently and got an inquiry that I'm 99% sure was a cop--when I told the person I would have to have a signed FFL or a pistol permit (in state) for a private sale, they immediately changed their mind about the sale after it looked like the deal was sealed.

Damn cops think every gun owner is the bad guy.  Lots of local cops are surfing the 'net looking for drug dealers, pedophiles, what have you.  It's not just the ATF.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 6:03:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Our Sherrif's department has 4 fulltime cybercrime guys now. Go figure.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 6:13:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I suppose that it is possible that a data base is built on all the guys posting here. Its really simple to build computer programs that search for words out of posts that would later inventory firearms etc. For this reason I never post photos of firearms, or discuss my ENTIRE inventory. There is a story in the Bible about a king of Israel that welcomed an envoy from Babylon that was awed by the marvels the Jews had accomplished. He went back and told his king about the great things he had seen there. The King of Babylon then sent his army out, knocked down the walls, stole all the gold, and enslaved all the people.History can always be depended on to repeat itself.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 6:41:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Last year when I was selling AR lowers, some jacko asked me if they had to be shipped to a dealer.

Here is the actual message:

Subject: Re: "FS:Bushmaster post-ban"
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 11:46:47 -0400

does the lower have to be shipped to a dealer?
thanks.
View Quote

No it doesn't have to be shipped to a dealer, FFL holder is just fine.

I think I know what this jacko was implying.

Link Posted: 11/9/2001 6:46:21 PM EDT
[#9]
That's a great point grimshaw.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 6:50:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah Trickshot, all of US cops think all of YOU gunowners are the bad guys [:\].  We're just engaging you in conversation on this site to get you to 'fess up to what guns you have.  The 'big sweep' to put you all in the prison camp will be Wednesday at 9 A.M., so make sure you put on clean underwear [;D].
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 6:54:57 PM EDT
[#11]
That might be humorous in your neighborhood, Sparky, but Sheriff Joe insists on pink down here in AZ.All his innies must wear pink smellies.Its the law.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 7:37:05 PM EDT
[#12]
If you aren't doing anything wrong what's the worry, you did the right thing. If it was the police, and not the more likely situation of it being a felon trying to get around the law, you handled it right.

You've got to expect this type of inquiry from people when you are selling something they may not be able to legally own. Dumb ass and smart ass bad guys also try to get guns everyway possible too.

Link Posted: 11/9/2001 8:27:35 PM EDT
[#13]
"...I do not, nor have I ever been..."

Of COURSE they do!!!
They know what a bunch of good Citizens we are.
And, they listen to your phone calls, too.
Watch you go about your everyday life.
They even know if you snore or not.
Face it.  It's the good life!!!
To do otherwise would be, well, not very American!   [;)]  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 8:37:21 PM EDT
[#14]
No, [s]we[/s] they don't monitor these sites, nor do [s]we[/s] they try and coax people into breaking the law.

[s]Agent[/s] Chimborazo
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 1:13:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
... I dunno, but it would sure be embarrasing for an "agent" to perform such trivial work. I cannot see him/her going home after a day in the office really feeling like they contributed to the cause.

Seems there are bigger fish to fry. But hey, you never know he could be a rookie being put up to the stunt by the seasoned vets.

Or they could really be that stupid.

Oh well, looks like AG John Ashcroft is gonna clip their wings and liquidate the organization real soon anyway.
View Quote

What is this?  Is this something that I missed?  I sure would love to know if this was in the news anywhere.  I heard that he is reorganizing the DOJ but haven't heard exactly how?  Wouldn't that be just too sweet?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top