Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 10/29/2018 2:43:15 AM EDT
https://blog.princelaw.com/2018/10/28/atf-unhinged-prosecutions-made-up-out-of-whole-cloth-you-might-be-next/

Woah. Thinking this might be a dupe but my searches show nothing.

He was acquitted but this is still worth reading.

TTAG article with better picture

Link Posted: 10/29/2018 2:49:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Those US Attorneys are intentionally violating both the spirit and letter of the law.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 2:50:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow..
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 2:52:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Long march through the institutions is over...they're all infested with marxists
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 2:53:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Does this surprise anyone?

All the more reason not to "please sir" over barrel length, brace it, and keep your mouth shut that you have it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 2:55:26 AM EDT
[#5]
ATF like most if not all of our agencies should be dismantled.

Would have loved to have been on this jury.

Would have guaranteed this man's freedom.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 2:59:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Tag..

I think it's because he added a cheek rest or some other bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:01:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those US Attorneys are intentionally violating both the spirit and letter of the law.
View Quote
There is a reason why the federal courts have a conviction rate higher than the Nazi kangaroo courts.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:04:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

There is a reason why the federal courts have a conviction rate higher than the Nazi kangaroo courts.
View Quote
Because the federal courts dismiss shit loads of cases.  If the federal courts don't believe a case is good enough, they don't pursue it, 99% of the time.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:07:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Well that's fucking scary.

Prosecutor: Your honor, prosecution moves to bar all evidence the government has that supports the defense's position.

Judge:  fuck it why not, I do what I want. Let's seal all this shit too so you can fuck over some more citizens in the future.  Now let's get going so I can get home and watch some dude fuck my wife.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:08:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Cunts
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:11:16 AM EDT
[#11]
I always thought sticking a brace on a AR-pistol was pushing it. Obviously it is an attempt at getting around the SBR law. Nobody is buying a brace to use as a brace. Look at how some of them are designed, barely work as arm brace. Pretty clear they were designed to be shouldered.

Don't go inviting the man into your life, and he won't come looking for you.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:11:20 AM EDT
[#12]
So what was on the pistol? A brace and a forward grip right? Fucking insane.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:16:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
The Left has successfully weaponized the US legal system, it’s been so thoroughly corrupted at this point that I’m not sure how it can ever be repaired.

The levels of malice and malfeasance that are exhibited on a regular basis without consequence for the perpetrators, it fills my heart with despair.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:16:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I always thought sticking a brace on a AR-pistol was pushing it. Obviously it is an attempt at getting around the SBR law. Nobody is buying a brace to use as a brace. Look at how some of them are designed, barely work as arm brace. Pretty clear they were designed to be shouldered.

View Quote
I have had hand surgery. A brace is a useful medical device that should fall under the ADA.

ETA
Bullshit he comes for us all.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:17:01 AM EDT
[#15]
@NoloContendere I'd be interested in your thoughts.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:17:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Then they should have published a once and for all law or ruling that braces are stocks. Instead they want to allow company's to produce these, with a blessing and then go after users.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:18:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Its 2018 and the ATF are still faggots.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:20:07 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:20:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Then they should have published a once and for all law or ruling that braces are stocks. Instead they want to allow company's to produce these, with a blessing and then go after users.
View Quote
The ATF shouldn't be allowed to publish, legislate, or otherwise create or define laws or rulings.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:25:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, iow..

“Git in the back o the bus old Rosa, ain’t no place fo you up heah! You keep lookin fo trouble..you gon find it..”
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:26:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The ATF shouldn't be allowed to publish, legislate, or otherwise create or define laws or rulings.
View Quote
This guy gets it, the ATF has no authority to publish legal punishable rules, there is nothing that should be done until Congress rules on it, laws are to be made by Congress, not people in the agencies, they are charged with enforcing the laws that Congress passes.

Illegal rules and determinations are just that, illegal.  At the most BATF should only be making determinations based on laws that have been legally passed.  Most of the agencies have long overstepped their mandates and authority.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:29:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
No they can't create laws or new rulings, but it is reasonable that the tech branch would determine whether or not a brace is a stock. And they did, they determined it was not a stock matter should be settled.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:29:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think the simple solution to that is how the WV state level agencies (and I’m sure other states) have to promulgate rules. When an agency seeks to implement a rule (whether changing an old one or setting up a new one because of new legislation) it must be approved by the legislature.

On the federal level, well, they just do as they please. Take comments for a few months, basically respond to all of the with “screw you”, then proceed as planned.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:30:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Im as far right, as they come...

Obama bad, Trump good. lol

What a mind fuck
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:32:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
He modified it by adding something to it, a "cheek rest".  ETA: After rereading the article I think it was referring to the brace itself as the modification, and that a defense witness was going to testify that it was a "cheek rest".

Apparently it was a Maxim PDW brace though so I'm curious what this attachment was like. I couldn't find photos or anymore info. Changing a brace is definitely playing with fire.

Scary case and a good reminder that all those ATF "opinion" letters are just that, opinions. ETA: And that the prosecution may, as in this case, actively fight to keep those letters out of court.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:35:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Because the federal courts dismiss shit loads of cases.  If the federal courts don't believe a case is good enough, they don't pursue it, 99% of the time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is 100% correct.
We are constantly seeing 1324 and 1325 cases refused for lack of evidence even though we have sworn statements, sworn statements on video, camera footage of the events from multiple agents, seized evidence etc. If the ball is not actually crossing the goal line the AUSAs will not take it. It's bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:36:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ya I guess I should have clarified, they should either get a law passed banning the item in question and until then stop prosecuting people for violating their meaningless rules.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:39:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:48:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I have had hand surgery. A brace is a useful medical device that should fall under the ADA.

ETA
View Quote
I don't think someone should be using an AR if they can't properly hold on to it. Its a safety issue IMO.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:51:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Agreed, but that was the lenient Obama ATF that also gave us bumpstocks. The Trump ATF see no such grey areas.

More on that here http://www.firearmsnews.com/editorial/trumps-pending-bumpstock-ban/325941
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:53:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Holy entrapment. ATF makes determination that braces are not stocks. Government prosecutes guy for complying by what is determined by ATF to be lawful.

Using that BS logic they could argue that even though the ATF itself made a determination that bumpstocks were not MGs, we shouldn't listen to them and everyone who ever touched one is a felon.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:56:12 AM EDT
[#32]
If the stock don't fit, you must acquit.

::defendant fails to place stock against his shoulder when presented with verified unloaded firearm by the bailiff::

::jury finds the defendant not guilty::

Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:58:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I don't think someone should be using an AR if they can't properly hold on to it. Its a safety issue IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA
How do you suppose one should go about objectively determining such a vague standard?

Who defines what is “holding properly”?

We need to send the ATF a letter asking for clarification.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:59:45 AM EDT
[#34]
I think people are forgetting that the ATF is the only reason "braces" are being shoulder fired. Without any "opinion" written by the ATF, I wouldn't. So, how can you say that the ATF has no power to do so, then build a pistol with a brace and shoulder it?

I'll hang on to my Form1 stamps.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:59:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

How do you suppose one should go about objectively determining such a vague standard?

View Quote
And is holding a pistol with more than one hand redesigning it into an AOW?
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:15:55 AM EDT
[#36]
So what is the actual story on this?

How did he find himself in the eyes of man?
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:24:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are all AR15s MGs just 'cause some ATF guy can slamfire them with the wrong primers?
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:36:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Looks like it was one of those skull lowers from the indictment and from the motion whatever he put on the end of it they are considering a stock.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:41:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Ok, but how did he get caught?

Was he just at the range shooting or was he out doing hood rat stuff with his friends?
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:41:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Looks like it was one of those skull lowers from the indictment and from the motion whatever he put on the end of it they are considering a stock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maxim brace, per the exhibits list.

Couldn't find any other articles or information about the case.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:43:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Are all AR15s MGs just 'cause some ATF guy can slamfire them with the wrong primers?
View Quote
It ain’t pinned and welded if Mr ATF can spin it off with a 3’ pipe wrench.

The fact that he destroyed the rifle in the process is immaterial.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:44:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Ok, but how did he get caught?

Was he just at the range shooting or was he out doing hood rat stuff with his friends?
View Quote
WDDIM?
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:45:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
And while we're at it, let's round up all those fuckin' handicapped people who need steering or pedal asists too. By God, if you can't drive a car the way Henry Ford intended, you don't belong on the road!

Safety issue, y'know.

Who cares that you lost your legs serving the country?You're un-American, dammit!!

Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:49:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Going over the exhibits list I wonder what the "rubber pad w black cord" is. If he somehow modified the Maxim with some sort of cheeckpiece that might be what got him.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:53:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Going over the exhibits list I wonder what the "rubber pad w black cord" is. If he somehow modified the Maxim with some sort of cheeckpiece that might be what got him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What law is that even breaking?

What “got him” is corrupt .gov officials decided to go after him because they know they can get away with it.

This isn’t excusable, there is no way to justify it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:55:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Wow, not one single FATF. Y'all are slacking.

But serioulsy, FATF, useless fucks.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:58:28 AM EDT
[#47]
FATF
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 5:00:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

What “got him” is corrupt .gov officials decided to go after him because they know they can get away with it.

View Quote
I would point fingers at a cowed populace that has tolerated the NFA for 84 years. Governments are only as bad as their populations allow them to be.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 5:01:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I would point fingers at a cowed populace that has tolerated the NFA for 84 years. Governments are only as bad as their populations allow them to be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I certainly can’t disagree with that.

Really that’s exactly the feelings that these little escapades are designed to induce. The crooked feds like to make examples of people to prove that they can basically fuck anyone they want at any time and the actual law doesn’t mean shit. This is how they create that cowed populace.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 5:16:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
So it doesnt bother you that the ATF disregarded their own published determinations on braces and petitioned the court to make those determinations not admissible as evidence in court and  those determinations specifically stated the ATF said braces where not stocks and the judge agreed to not allow those determinations in court? And then argued for prosecution claiming the brace was a stock and therefore an unregistered SBR?

Then sealed   from the public most of what should be public trial info?

This country is lost and this govt is corrupt
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top