Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/7/2005 7:52:30 AM EDT
I took my 17 y.o. son to the Marine recruiter last week. He needs to get his GED and then take the ASVAB test. Is this test similar to the GED test and how can he prepare for it? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:16:44 AM EDT
check out www.military.com, they've got a good writeup on what to expect on the asvab as well as links to asvab prep tests if i remember correctly. you might have to pay for the preps.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:36:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2005 3:08:17 PM EDT by Ben70]
also advise the military.com practice test - it doesn' thave all sections, but it gives an idea.

Never taken GED test, but took asvab in march, did well enough to get most jobs. Math skills and reading skills are what they're testing. If he is mechanically inclined, it will help.

As other poster said, you can buy commercial ASVAB test prep books. I don't know if they help or not.

Best advice I can give - have a good meal beforehand, don't be nervous, and don't be afraid to guess - the answer is in front of you, and you have a decent chance of getting it by luck, if you're really stumped. Try to eliminate wrong answers first if possible.
Top Top