Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 3:22:53 PM EDT
Just got back from taking the ASVAB at Ft. Lee.
I got a 90. I'm guessing its good enough for any combat-arms MOS.
Pretty excited. Next is MEPS and hopefully soon I'll be disembarking from aircraft in flight
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:36:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:44:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah man, thats totally awsome. Going for airborne 11B? 90 will get you pretty much what you want in combat MOS's. Good luck to you and welcome to the team

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:51:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry Sir's (Ma'am's ? =) ).
11B was closed at MEPS today.
I got the lowly 18X.
Thank you for the welcome to the finest Armed Services on the Globe.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:30:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sorry Sir's (Ma'am's ? =) ).
11B was closed at MEPS today.
I got the lowly 18X.
Thank you for the welcome to the finest Armed Services on the Globe.

18X, eh? That's what I am going for as well. If you haven't picked it up already, I recommend getting this book.  It was written by Major Joe Martin and Master Sergeant Rex Dodson, both Special Forces soldiers. I have gone through it twice and can tell you it's well worth the money.

Take care.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:38:34 PM EDT
[#5]
ASVABs are scored on percentiles. You did better than 90 percent (or is it 89) of the others who took the test.

I have a friend who is with the Marines in Fallujah right now. He said that half of the 0311s (riflemen) in his unit were ASVAB waivers. They scored under 40% or something like that.

So I'd say you are good to go.

I got high 90s overall, with mostly scores of 98 or 99, but am medically ineligible.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:16:11 PM EDT
[#6]
C_J.
By high 90's, do you mean line scores?
I am already sworn, and have chosen my MOS.
Not to puff my chest, but all my line scores were over 100.
I witnessed the future marine soilders today; all three of them.
I took my MEPS at Ft. Lee VA.
I do not think that marines are anything other then the finest combat ready soilders in this (or any other) man/woman's .MIL forces.
I am not up to the "size" standards for the corps; I.E. tall+lanky+lightweight. (like a M16A1 =) ).

If you are DQ for Med reasons, can you not get a waiver?
Perhaps It might be easier (possibly not acceptable to you) to join another branch of the armed servecies?  Just a thought...

Thanks to all of the active/inactive/retired/veterans/POW/MIA (you are never forgotten) men/women of our beloved armed services.
If not for you/ (us) america would not be the pinnacle of freedom it is today!

P.S. Forget spellcheck. this comes from my heart.
grammar nazi's need not comment.
P.S.S. No disrespect intended OR taken from this post.

ETA I shouldnt post on 3 hrs sleep 36 hrs later. sorry if I came off like a jerk.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:35:42 PM EDT
[#7]
All I can remember were all of the percentiles.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:01:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I had 97 of 99 percentile. All  my line score were in the 130's.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:05:30 PM EDT
[#9]
damn chupdog.
My lowest line score was a 126, highest was 139.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:14:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I did not have one as high as 139, that's almost perfect! Mine were midlle 130's.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:17:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Roger that.
Still whupped my ass on the basic score!
So 140 is the highest then right?
My recruiter is holding my packet for me so I dont have the line's in front of me, but most were around 130ish.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top