Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/7/2001 11:15:32 PM EDT
Who makes AR-15 bolt action upper receiver?
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 7:39:36 AM EDT
Welcome anne to the most knowedgable (and [whacko]'est) place on the subject. I do not know of anyone who makes a bolt action AR. DPMS makes/markets a pump action AR. If you used a barrel without a gas port and no gas tube you would essetially have a bolt (straight pull) action rifle. I don't know if either of these suggestions would appease the Calf. Dept. of Justice. I suppose that is what you're after. Other Cali's, any other ideas, help?
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 7:48:56 AM EDT
I beleive one is being made for the English Market but I do not know who makes it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 9:19:46 AM EDT
The .50 caiber uppers are bolt action. I am not aware of any purpose built .223 bolt action uppers. You could remove the gas tube. That would make any upper bolt action. States like PA alow hunting with AR's if you install gas adjustment valve and set it so the bolt does not automatically cycle.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 9:25:31 AM EDT
Jeffrey Corn, from Indiana(don't have his # with me) Makes "bolt action" AR uppers. He also gunsmiths for the Navy/Navy Reserve/Coast Guard Highpower team...And, he is a plain good guy to deal with. Try this post on the Competition forum, I'm sure that someone has his address & #. Lew
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 11:57:20 AM EDT
I made two straight pull bolt action pistol upper receivers, but no one seemed to want one, so I discontinued the pistol from the Tromix lineup. One gun got parted out and the other one was sold to a guy as a complete Tromix pistol here in Oklahoma. It happened to be serial number #10. I also made a muzzle loading upper, but no one seemed to want that either, so it too got parted out. Tony Rumore Tromix Corp www.tromix.com
Top Top