Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/22/2008 4:23:07 PM EDT
Is a tard fest.

Sorry, but what happened? So much misinformation.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:24:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Example?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#2]
examples?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:24:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Example?

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:25:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I just read through the first page and cant stand it anymore.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:26:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Is a tard fest.

Enlighten us with examples your noobness...
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:26:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I just read through the first page and cant stand it anymore.

Okay...
Such as?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:28:31 PM EDT
[#7]
There is a lot of ass hattery there lately.  Basically it's just "What kind of cool handguards should I get?, does anyone have a ton of pictures?" when a look through the stickies would provide plenty of useful material.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:30:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Not quoted.. but this mfg and this one and this one and this one and so on.. is all made by the same company.

The correct information is here if you look, but I guess people forgot how.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:32:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is a tard fest.

Typical stupid response.

Because I don't have 5000+ post I don't know shit.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:34:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:35:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is a tard fest.

Typical stupid response.

Haha, coming from the person who can't show one example of what he's bitching about...  Sheesh, when is school going back in session??
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:39:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Hmmm, did a quick scan, whats the issue?  I don't regular the tech forums, but usually get the question I need answered right away.

Can link to some of the "misinformation"?  Examples please.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:40:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is a tard fest.

Typical stupid response.

Haha, coming from the person who can't show one example of what he's bitching about...  Sheesh, when is school going back in session??

Example A:

pretty much all AR rifles are "parts guns." thats just the way it is.

i think theres maybe 3 or 4 companies total that make the parts (upper/lower recievers) for about 20 different companies. if you feel like taking the time, go to a gun store with a large supply of AR rifles and start looking on the port side of the upper, just under the rail/carry handle. bushmaster, dpms, olympic, colt, rra, doubestar, cmt, cmmg, and a few others usually have a keyhole emblem. all those different companies' uppers are mad at the same place.

its not a bad thing. . . part interchangability is great, and it keeps everyone mostly on an even playing field.

STFU.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:42:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, the assembling of the rifle is important. Which is where some companies excel and others... Not so much.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:43:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
all those different companies' uppers Forgings are mad at the same place.

STFU.

Fixt it for you, and quoted the "STFU" for posterity.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:43:45 PM EDT
[#16]
The optics lights and lasers forum looks to have a bunch of 18 year old airsofters in it.

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:46:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

STFU.

I didn't know forgings could be MAD.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:46:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

STFU.

Quoted you, pal.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:47:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

STFU.

You wrote it
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:48:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:49:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

STFU.

Quoted you, pal.

pwnd
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:50:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
One example from our "Genius" OP:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just shot my new Bushmaster lower sunday (got it Thursday) worked well with the Colt upper. I was little disapointed in the plastic trigger gaurd piece, not a huge deal.  Overall very happy with my first black rifle.  Have shot a freinds Stag and it was very nice as well.

It's aluminum.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=387776

So the OP can't tell the difference between plastic and aluminum.  Even though it's a know fact (and something Bushmaster acknowledges) that they use Plastic trigger guards.  I have several bushies and I have other lowers with aluminum trigger guards the differences are obviouse.

From Bushmaster (Jarrod) 5/9/2001 :

The trigger guard assy is now plastic because; the aluminum if hit or dropped would break & cut your finger. The plastic would flex & possibly break, but would not cut the finger. The plastic trigger guard also has the built in plunger to make it easier to change. Either way the plastic trigger guard is Mil Spec & that's how we make em'.

http://archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=28&t=16251

I guess I got shown whats up!
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:51:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is a tard fest.

Typical stupid response.

No, it's because you have been around less than a year and you ask what happened.  There has been no drastic change in the tech forums in the last 6 months.  So unless you have a more examples STFU.

Claiming that the tech forums are a tard fest in GD of all places doesn't exactly help your case either.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:51:54 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just shot my new Bushmaster lower sunday (got it Thursday) worked well with the Colt upper. I was little disapointed in the plastic trigger gaurd piece, not a huge deal.  Overall very happy with my first black rifle.  Have shot a freinds Stag and it was very nice as well.

It's aluminum.

So the OP can't tell the difference between plastic and aluminum.  Even though it's a know fact (and something Bushmaster acknowledges) that they use Plastic trigger guards.  I have several bushies and I have other lowers with aluminum trigger guards the differences are obviouse.

The trigger guard assy is now plastic because; the aluminum if hit or dropped would break & cut your finger. The plastic would flex & possibly break, but would not cut the finger. The plastic trigger guard also has the built in plunger to make it easier to change. Either way the plastic trigger guard is Mil Spec & that's how we make em'.

*Going to check Bushmaster lower*

Yep, mine is plastic. Definitely not aluminum.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:52:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's aluminum.

So this thread is just chocked full of irony?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:55:40 PM EDT
[#26]
<<crickets>>

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:56:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:02:18 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Is a tard fest.

But now that you are posting in GD, the collective IQ of Tech went up while ours went down. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:04:18 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is a tard fest.

But now that you are posting in GD, the collective IQ of Tech went up while ours went down. Thanks.

Hey man nice shot!
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:04:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Well, I don't know about "Most" of the folks ere but.....I'm happy as hell to have the noobs here making goofy statements, asking about "Tacti-cool" gear, quoting "Facts" that MAY or MAY not be ect...because it means that we're still attracting youngsters to the sickness

I've been shooting AR-15's for over 3 decades and, if some kid who's been on the planet half that amount of time (And who only owns an airsoft model of an M-16) wants to join this site and chime-in with HIS/HER two cents?  Good for them!

If you know what they're saying is crap(?) Buy the kiddo a vowel and help them out (In a nice way).

Shit, the Federal gubmint PAYS me to rebuild these freaking things and I still learn something new daily from folks here.

BTW, come the revolution...I'm gettin' ME one O them AK-47's 'cause EVERYONE knows that the M-16 series is junk and and frankly....I WANT more thrust per squeeze (Or whatever that stupid shit said! lol).
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:05:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:07:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:08:20 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
..Example A: pretty much all AR rifles are "parts guns." thats just the way it is.

i think theres maybe 3 or 4 companies total that make the parts (upper/lower recievers) for about 20 different companies. if you feel like taking the time, go to a gun store with a large supply of AR rifles and start looking on the port side of the upper, just under the rail/carry handle. bushmaster, dpms, olympic, colt, rra, doubestar, cmt, cmmg, and a few others usually have a keyhole emblem. all those different companies' uppers are mad at the same place.

Wow talk about you don't know what you dont know.

Yes there are only a few forging companies.  But WHICH dies are used (either company owned or forger owned).  Just because several use the same forging firm doesn't mean you used the same dies.

Plus many companies do their own machining of the forgings.

Then you get to the small parts.  I'm betting you don't realize there are grades of small parts, just as there are different grades of bolts.  Not to mention things like proof testing, and magnetic particle inspection of important parts.

These difference are often seen at training classes where the round count can run up to 1500 rounds in a 3 day course.

My point is that I do know that there are only a few forges that make AR uppers and lowers. I also know that there are a hand full of machine shops that machine most uppers and lowers for all companies, but what that post said of who is all made by the same place is very inaccurate.

If any big manufacturer says they make something "in house" they are lying. They al get parts from numerous machine shops that most people have never heard of.

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:10:35 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
..Example A: pretty much all AR rifles are "parts guns." thats just the way it is.

Wow talk about you don't know what you dont know.

Yes there are only a few forging companies.  But WHICH dies are used (either company owned or forger owned).  Just because several use the same forging firm doesn't mean you used the same dies.

Plus many companies do their own machining of the forgings.

Then you get to the small parts.  I'm betting you don't realize there are grades of small parts, just as there are different grades of bolts.  Not to mention things like proof testing, and magnetic particle inspection of important parts.

These difference are often seen at training classes where the round count can run up to 1500 rounds in a 3 day course.

My point is that I do know that there are only a few forges that make AR uppers and lowers. I also know that there are a hand full of machine shops that machine most uppers and lowers for all companies, but what that post said of who is all made by the same place is very inaccurate.

If any big manufacturer says they make something "in house" they are lying. They al get parts from numerous machine shops that most people have never heard of.

Is that what makes them so mad?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Well, I don't know about "Most" of the folks ere but.....I'm happy as hell to have the noobs here making goofy statements, asking about "Tacti-cool" gear, quoting "Facts" that MAY or MAY not be ect...because it means that we're still attracting youngsters to the sickness

I've been shooting AR-15's for over 3 decades and, if some kid who's been on the planet half that amount of time (And who only owns an airsoft model of an M-16) wants to join this site and chime-in with HIS/HER two cents?  Good for them!

If you know what they're saying is crap(?) Buy the kiddo a vowel and help them out (In a nice way).

Shit, the Federal gubmint PAYS me to rebuild these freaking things and I still learn something new daily from folks here.

BTW, come the revolution...I'm gettin' ME one O them AK-47's 'cause EVERYONE knows that the M-16 series is junk and and frankly....I WANT more thrust per squeeze (Or whatever that stupid shit said! lol).

I may be a "NOOB" to this site, but I build these weapons 9 1/2 hrs a day 6 day's a week.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:17:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Oh, I forgot you guy's know everything cause you read it from someone else on arfcom.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:18:07 PM EDT
[#37]

- Clint
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:18:49 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I may be a "NOOB" to this site, but I build these weapons 9 1/2 hrs a day 6 day's a week.

Where? In your basement? Must be dark if you can't tell the difference  between a plastic trigger guard and an aluminum one.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:20:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:20:39 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Truth here, if no one asked "stupid" questions, [it might be stupid to YOU but not to the poster who might be new at the AR game] then typical questions would not be answered either. Soon, newer posters wouldn't bother to post at all in the tech forums and would go elsewhere for answers AND camaraderie, it not always just about the technical question in the end, the back and forth between firearm owners is what this site is about.

I would imagine every question under the sun has been asked here about ARs at one time or another, I would bet that you would not HAVE to ask ANY questions if you just wanted to look for an answer to a question.

We were ALL new to ARs at one time or another, we should welcome EVERY new owner who is interested in firearms. Who knows, someday that new owner might answer a question you have on something they are familiar with.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:23:29 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where? In your basement? Must be dark if you can't tell the difference  between a plastic trigger guard and an aluminum one.

Alright, alright, he already owned up. Don't kick the man when he's down, I say.

And +1 to what Treadhead said. I was once a n00b, too.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:25:13 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

that post said of who is all made by the same place is very inaccurate.

Erm that is not what the post you pulled says.

i think theres maybe 3 or 4 companies ...that make the parts ... for about 20 different companies.

Here you are basically repeating what that post says:

I do know that there are only a few forges that make AR uppers and lowers.

so i give your rant a
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:27:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:28:09 PM EDT
[#44]

Hey, I started out mopping the floor just like you guys. But now... now I'm washing lettuce. Soon I'll be on fries; then the grill. And pretty soon, I'll make assistant manager, and that's when the big bucks start rolling in.

- Clint
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:31:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:35:25 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is a tard fest.

hey i just got a report that the IQ in gd dropped to unsafe levels!!

what the hell happened?....

oh..... nevermind

LOL and  IN

I've got two tards,one for each of ya
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#47]
check out the IQ level in the AK forums cause I've been askin alot of questions over there lately.when it comes to AK's you can call me Corky
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Is a tard fest.

If you start a thread and piss off others, don't be upset when you start to get flamed
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:03:54 PM EDT
[#49]
I dug myself a deep hole and I know I wont get out without a few kicks in the face but.... I used to scan the tech area quite a bit and see some good info from knowledgeable people and lately it's like they all just vanished. Maybe things go in cycles and it hasn't gone full circle yet.

I do work in the industry and I do know a little bit about the manufacturing end of things. People I work with have had there jobs threatened for posting certain information on this site so I try not to say anything too specific.

Oh well, back to the whipping post.

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:06:55 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I dug myself a deep hole and I know I wont get out without a few kicks in the face but.... I used to scan the tech area quite a bit and see some good info from knowledgeable people and lately it's like they all just vanished. Maybe things go in cycles and it hasn't gone full circle yet.

I do work in the industry and I do know a little bit about the manufacturing end of things. People I work with have had there jobs threatened for posting certain information on this site so I try not to say anything too specific.

Oh well, back to the whipping post.

So, DPMS?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top