Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2007 3:26:39 PM EDT
I'm putting together a spare parts kit for a buddy who is going to Iraq. I've never heard of firing pins being different, but MidwayUSA has two pins from DPMS, one for AR's and one for M-16's. Are they different in any other way? Cause if not, I can just order a spare parts kit and get a better deal.

What I'm putting together for him:

1. Spare extractor

2. Spare extractor pin

3. Spare extractor spring (x2)

4. Spare gas rings (x3)

5. Spare firing pin

6. Spare firing pin retainer

Things are the things I have to most often by the culprits of malfunctions, with worn extractors being the most common causes of malfunctions.

I'm keeping everything mil-spec, so I'm not sending a one piece MacFarland gas ring  or Wolff +10% extractor springs, like I like to use in my AR's.

Obviously I can't send him a complete bolt because of headspace issues with a new bolt and a worn barrel; although a complete bolt would be the best if he was having problems.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:39:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody knows?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:41:07 PM EDT
[#2]
The only difference on my M-16 and AR-15 complete bolt carrier assemblies is the carrier. No there is no difference in firing pins.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:41:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:49:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top